• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Captain Next Season?

Bxk73_dCAAAPH3l.jpg

You don't need to look at the boots, Ade and Kaboul are placed either side of the empty chair (which I guess is where Poch will sit).

Edit:

Bxl04EoCYAIm0eU.png

Mauricio has announced that Younes Kaboul has been named our new Club captain with Hugo Lloris and Emmanuel Adebayor as vice-captains.

Very surprising this, if all fit I cant even see him starting games so why make him captain
Presumably he is the most respected and influential player in the squad. Hopefully, it also means that the club think that he can regain form and fitness and fight for a first team place.

What has been kabouls best game in a spurs shirt? I don't see him being good enough to be our rock vs the likes of Costa or Sturridge. He panics a lot. The one thing Younes needs is the thing he can't have... Ledley next to him.

We obviously don't know the personalities involved, but Kaboul should be nowhere near the first 11.

If we're going for a club captain, rather than a team captain, then surely Friedel would have been better?

What has been kabouls best game in a spurs shirt? I don't see him being good enough to be our rock vs the likes of Costa or Sturridge. He panics a lot. The one thing Younes needs is the thing he can't have... Ledley next to him.
I couldn't name an individual game but the last two seasons have been write offs with injuries, the season before that he was excellent. I have no idea whether he can ever get back to those levels but I would expect Poch to have a better idea than us.

2011-12 was his one good season for us. That's not good considering this is his 7th season.

We obviously don't know the personalities involved, but Kaboul should be nowhere near the first 11.

If we're going for a club captain, rather than a team captain, then surely Friedel would have been better?

How can you say first that we obviously don't know the personalities involved and then say that surely one choice would be better than others?

Congrats to Younes! One of our longer serving players now. Not the highest rated at the moment, but at his best he's very good. Hopefully we'll see that from him sooner rather than later.

It's a surprising choice for me, but I have nothing against being surprised by Poch. At least it shows that he's doing his own thing.

Interesting choice to say the least.

Presumably when the squad are training, when they are travelling, when they need someone to talk to the boss and raise issues or negotiate playing bonuses, and crucially when they are sat in the dressing room or lining up to go out, Younes is the man that steps forward and rallies the troops and is most looked up to by all the other kids.

Seems odd having the club captain as someone who's just got one year left on his contract.........as well as being in terrible form for a long time as well as having plenty of fitness issues...

How can you say first that we obviously don't know the personalities involved and then say that surely one choice would be better than others?

Congrats to Younes! One of our longer serving players now. Not the highest rated at the moment, but at his best he's very good. Hopefully we'll see that from him sooner rather than later.

It's a surprising choice for me, but I have nothing against being surprised by Poch. At least it shows that he's doing his own thing.

=D>

Seems odd having the club captain as someone who's just got one year left on his contract.........as well as being in terrible form for a long time as well as having plenty of fitness issues...

More time to focus on the role. We can send him away on 10-day leadership development courses while he's in the treatment reserves or there's a break in UEFA fixtures

Colour me surprised. I imagine it's just respect. Why suddenly strip him of the captaincy? Could end in tears. This is a subtle way of handing Lloris the captaincy without officially making him club captain.

Makes sense as he's pretty much the senior statesman in terms of length of time with the club, other than Lennon, who isn't really captain material is he?

Back