• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Capital Cup ( I think that's what they call it ) Final & Fabio Borini

ArnieArdiles

Milenko Acimovic
Half-time ................Emirates Marketing Project 0 Sunderland 1

Borini with the goal and a good performance as always from him ...

22 years old, worth a punt as a replacement for JD?

City's win could mean European qualification for Man Utd now that their Capital One winner's allocation will go to the 6th placed team.

Thought it went to the runners up?

The FA Cup place does but not the League Cup.

Sunderland were by far the better team first half. But conceding two goals in quick succesion was always going to completley knock the wind out of them.

City's win could mean European qualification for Man Utd now that their Capital One winner's allocation will go to the 6th placed team.

As mentioned in previous posts I still think 7th place will get you EL football too.

Pretty sure Emirates Marketing Project will reach the FA Cup final, cant see Wigan beating them this week and any of the other teams left in it in a Wembley semi-final.
Assuming they winner of Arsnal/EVerton doesnt draw City in the semi, then City/Ars final means 7th place gets a EL spot and a City/Everton final means Everton get a spot win or lose.

What we need to watch out for is finishing behind United.

If I have it right, should we finish 6th (or GHod forbid 7th) and Everton reach the Cup final. Then Everton go straight into the Group stages (like WIgan did last season), 5th place starts in the 4th Qual Round, but 6th place starts in the 3rd Qual Round on the 31st/7th Aug.
We really need to be finishing min 5th place I would think, although would a 2-legged match against a European minnow be better preparation for the new season than the usual midweek friendly we tend to have in early August against a Stevenage or Orient X1???

A competitive game against a minnow would always be a better "friendly" and preperation than another pointless stevenage/ MK game!

5th is ours if we want it... lets see how we look in a month as i think most clubs are looking at the next few big games as the decider

Back