• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we?

Not sure exactly how the coefficients work. But guessing if you get a 5th team in the cl this season then next season you have a lot better chance of getting a higher coefficient? 5 teams getting points rather than 4 (for cl at least).

Although spain had 5 teams this season but their coefficients are low.
Apparently they divide by the number of teams in Europe, to get the average. But that can't be solely true or you would have a country with only 2 good teams, getting a better average. I've not looked into it.

Not sure exactly how the coefficients work. But guessing if you get a 5th team in the cl this season then next season you have a lot better chance of getting a higher coefficient? 5 teams getting points rather than 4 (for cl at least).

I think there was an explainer in one of the other threads

Edit....

WHAT IS THE COEFFICIENT RANKING?​

The coefficient rankings are determined by points gained from clubs across the current season’s UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League.
Teams get coefficient points for winning games and reaching different stages of the competitions.
For example, a match win in any of the three European competitions at any stage after qualifying is worth two points and a draw is worth one point.
Teams that make the last 16 of the Champions League get five bonus points, and then one more point for each further round. Teams in the Europa League get one bonus point for each round from the last 16, and in the Conference League there is one bonus point on offer for reaching the semi-final and final.
The total amount of coefficient points gained by clubs from a league are then added together and that score is divided by the number of clubs that league has in Europe in the season.
The Premier League has had eight clubs in Europe this season and has a total of 119 coefficient points. Therefore the coefficient average is currently 14.875 (119 ÷ 8).

Apparently they divide by the number of teams in Europe, to get the average. But that can't be solely true or you would have a country with only 2 good teams, getting a better average. I've not looked into it.
They do divide it, so a country with 2 side should do well but in reality, the countries with two teams have poorer sides

They do divide it, so a country with 2 side should do well but in reality, the countries with two teams have poorer sides
There's probably a sweet spot e.g. if Ajax and PSV and Feyenoord are doing well that is great and then if a 4th team gets into Europe they actually drag the coefficient down. I guess that is what we are seeing with crap like West Ham and Man Utd and Saudi Sportswashing Machine in Europe :)

There's probably a sweet spot e.g. if Ajax and PSV and Feyenoord are doing well that is great and then if a 4th team gets into Europe they actually drag the coefficient down. I guess that is what we are seeing with crap like West Ham and Man Utd and Saudi Sportswashing Machine in Europe :)

West ham did great beating the german side.

I think we are looking favourites to overtake Germany BUT with two PL v Bundersliga head to heads and City playing Madrid it has the possibility to turn back in their favour.

An attitude that can help in 2 legged matches is still giving it a go to win a match even if the 1st leg has all but eliminated you (eg Brighton) as it's still 2pts for the coefficient.

I think we are looking favourites to overtake Germany BUT with two PL v Bundersliga head to heads and City playing Madrid it has the possibility to turn back in their favour.

An attitude that can help in 2 legged matches is still giving it a go to win a match even if the 1st leg has all but eliminated you (eg Brighton) as it's still 2pts for the coefficient.

Lets just win all our remaining games. Hopefully that will mean the prem. Then 5th can go fudge itself.

Top positions still very much to be resolved, although most likely we'd be mucho merryo to be 4th.

In the meantime ... we cannot be relegated !. Huzzah ! Yid army !!

We cannot be caught by the following

----- gw28 Luton we have game in hand at CHE
----- gw27 Burnley
----- gw27 Sheffield Utd

Total points won divided by teams participating. If our teams are strong, which they generally are, we should be good. English teams below the top 4 ones are typically stronger than the corresponding ones from Germany/Spain/Italy. And that's where the coefficient game is won.

Dreadful performance, but the silver lining cometh

We cannot be caught by the following

----- gw29 Nottingham Forest ....... and we have a game in hand at CHE
----- gw28 Luton
----- gw27 Burnley
----- gw27 Sheffield Utd

I might be preaching to the converted
But I hear some fans moaning that finishing in the CL is not very important and that EL footy might suit our young squad

((I'm guessing figures, I'm too lazy to Google it, but))
If the average earnings from CL might be £100m
and the average earnings from EL might be £20m
and the average earnings from ECL might be £10m

To pick any two teams at random ;)
1) Each year Spurs make it into the CL and Utd make EL, we make 100, they make 20, so we are +80
2) And vice versa if Spurs make EL but Utd make CL we are -80 compared to them

So if 1 happens for 5 years in a row that is 80x5=£400m up for Spurs, and vice versa, so we could find ourselves after 5 years £400m ahead or £400m behind, that is a difference of £800m

Could be Arse or Cheatski of course, or Pool or Villa or Newcash, or Spam, but the point remains, the CL money massively ramps up our spending power compared to our rivals

I repeat, a difference of £800m in 5 years when trying to compete with a rival

But I hear some fans moaning that finishing in the CL is not very important and that EL footy might suit our young squad

1) Each year Spurs make it into the CL and Utd make EL, we make 100, they make 20, so we are +80

So if 1 happens for 5 years in a row that is 80x5=£ 400m up for Spurs, and vice versa, so we could find ourselves after 5 years £400m ahead or £400m behind, that is a difference of £800m

Could be Arse or Cheatski of course, or Pool or Villa or Newcash, or Spam, but the point remains, the CL money massively ramps up our spending power compared to our rivals

Slow day at your workplace;)

So if 1 happens for 5 years in a row that is 80x5=£400m up for Spurs, and vice versa, so we could find ourselves after 5 years £400m ahead or £400m behind, that is a difference of £800m

For all the well-intentioned (and generally correct) "Ange gets it" chat it has to be understood that he's playing the media and surely he is not so ignorant to think that getting into the CL would not be a massive boon for his/our project.

Which isn't to say that pretending in press conferences that CL qualification isn't the be all and end all isn't the right move.

Think utd have a deal with their sponsors if they don't get cl 2 years on the trott, their deal drops by 75%. Might just be addidas but could be others.

A draw or loss against City and win all other games including the goons and pool...where would we finish?

Back