• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

He feels a bit like Bale was for Jol. You can see something very good there, but it will be several years/probably a different manager before we see the fruits

Agreed, although this is where Levy might pull a blinder.

I hope that this loan is the making of Gil. Needs to step up mentally, become a man. I've liked him so far but he needs pitch time.
Gil might but lo celso is 25m max.

Gil if he his loaned to Spain next year might interest real or Barca.

He feels a bit like Bale was for Jol. You can see something very good there, but it will be several years/probably a different manager before we see the fruits

The player I’m seeing there is David Silva. I know he’s generally been deployed further forward but I think he is tailor made for the 3rd more attacking role of a midfield 3 (quite free) in a 433 or a bit further up in the middle of the 3 of a 4231.

I don’t really see him as a winger - at the very most maybe off the right cutting in. I think we saw him do that for about half hour in a game and it wasn’t too bad.

I know he probably had to go on loan for
the benefit of the player but it’s staggering when u consider what I’ve typed above that he wasn’t there to call upon on Tuesday night.

When we took Sess off for Berg and went 4231 the game could have flipped either way. Had we brought Gil on there and gone to a 433 then I think we could have controlled it quite nicely and given the support needed to Hojb and Winks.

Having read the interview posted below, the perfect loan would have been into the Championship. Still physical but where he could have got genuine gamesome to overcome that side of it and also where his class could shine through and build some confidence. Similar to a Mount or Skipp.

The player I’m seeing there is David Silva. I know he’s generally been deployed further forward but I think he is tailor made for the 3rd more attacking role of a midfield 3 (quite free) in a 433 or a bit further up in the middle of the 3 of a 4231.

I don’t really see him as a winger - at the very most maybe off the right cutting in. I think we saw him do that for about half hour in a game and it wasn’t too bad.

I know he probably had to go on loan for
the benefit of the player but it’s staggering when u consider what I’ve typed above that he wasn’t there to call upon on Tuesday night.

When we took Sess off for Berg and went 4231 the game could have flipped either way. Had we brought Gil on there and gone to a 433 then I think we could have controlled it quite nicely and given the support needed to Hojb and Winks.

Having read the interview posted below, the perfect loan would have been into the Championship. Still physical but where he could have got genuine gamesome to overcome that side of it and also where his class could shine through and build some confidence. Similar to a Mount or Skipp.

Some tough decisions were taken in January. Moving on or out on loan players that weren't seen as good enough (for now at least) knowing that we couldn't make up for it in terms of numbers at least.

I agree that with Gil it may have been a question of development. Or if Conte doesn't see him as a good fit a mix between that and keeping his value up. Either way, tough decisions accepting fewer options short term for what could be medium term benefits.

Don't think the Championship was a real option for him. While physically it may have been good a step down from a top league for him would have been hard to sell. He's a player that's played well enough in La Liga to warrant a significant investment for us.

Hopefully as he now knows more about what's required in the PL he'll be able to work on those things while playing in Spain.

I still have very high hopes for the kid. My only question mark is if he'll be a good fit under Conte or not.

Some tough decisions were taken in January. Moving on or out on loan players that weren't seen as good enough (for now at least) knowing that we couldn't make up for it in terms of numbers at least.

I agree that with Gil it may have been a question of development. Or if Conte doesn't see him as a good fit a mix between that and keeping his value up. Either way, tough decisions accepting fewer options short term for what could be medium term benefits.

Don't think the Championship was a real option for him. While physically it may have been good a step down from a top league for him would have been hard to sell. He's a player that's played well enough in La Liga to warrant a significant investment for us.

Hopefully as he now knows more about what's required in the PL he'll be able to work on those things while playing in Spain.

I still have very high hopes for the kid. My only question mark is if he'll be a good fit under Conte or not.
He's getting plenty of game time at Valencia. And they're moving his position around a bit.

I know he's likely to be more comfortable being back in Spain but the plus is it's a good level.

I watched an hour if him last night and the thing I noticed most was the reception he got when substituted, they have obviously taken him to their hearts and that only happens with good performances.

He has a great attitude and mentally looks strong, I see no fear or anxiety in his demeanour.

He's getting plenty of game time at Valencia. And they're moving his position around a bit.

I know he's likely to be more comfortable being back in Spain but the plus is it's a good level.

I watched an hour if him last night and the thing I noticed most was the reception he got when substituted, they have obviously taken him to their hearts and that only happens with good performances.

He has a great attitude and mentally looks strong, I see no fear or anxiety in his demeanour.
This.

@braineclipse, I get what you're saying, and a Championship loan would be best for Spurs, but there's no way someone who was one of the hottest youngsters in La Liga would be happy with that. Gil was bought as a senior player, not a callow youth.

From what I've read in interviews, Gil has come to the PL, found himself lacking, tried to do something about it, and hasn't quite made it. The key for me is that he's tried to do something about it -- hiring a personal chef and (presumably) instructing him to cook up a high protein muscle-gain diet.

As you say, the lad is fearless on the pitch. Hopefully he'll become the main man at Valencia and come back to us a more complete player, able to step in next season. Either that or we'll get a good fee from Spain, hopefully with a tight sell-on clause.

We could have done with him against Boro, but then, we created plenty of chances to win the game. Bergwijn had plenty of impact when he came on, just too late -- would Gil have done any different?

Sorry for cutting your post down but wanted to highlight the above. Funny i was also thinking about the same and that he does look more of the Silva role for us then anything else. IF he can work at that side of his game he looks to have a very good future. Good as Silva may be a stretch for sure but the signs are that if he is willing to work hard he could become that player.

I still think the fact that we have loaned him back to Spain indicates that we are just trying to ensure that we can sell him back to the most likely market to sell him into for as big a fee as possible this summer. I have no problem with that either, it would be a sensible thing to do as he is a left winger purchased for the previous manager who has since been replaced with a new manager has no use for a left winger in his system. I'd love us to try to get Valencia to do a swap with him for Carols Soler.

I still think the fact that we have loaned him back to Spain indicates that we are just trying to ensure that we can sell him back to the most likely market to sell him into for as big a fee as possible this summer. I have no problem with that either, it would be a sensible thing to do as he is a left winger purchased for the previous manager who has since been replaced with a new manager has no use for a left winger in his system. I'd love us to try to get Valencia to do a swap with him for Carols Soler.

I think that can be part of the plan, keeping options open. While at the same time getting him good minutes at a high level to continue his development if he ends up sticking around.

May have been a decision made already on the summer, this could indicate that as you say. But I think it could also be the other thing or keeping our options open. I don't think you disagree BTW.

I'd rather gil than Eriksen or bale tbh.
We need to look forward, not back.
We can look forward with Eriksen, he is top class and just because someone like Gil is younger doesn’t mean he will ever get to Eriksens level. The way Eriksen plays the game he has a good few years left in him (heart condition permitting of course) and I’d confidently guess having Eriksen in the team would take us forward a hell of a lot more than Gil or some other youngster with potential - in the same way Modric would have when he was 30….

We can look forward with Eriksen, he is top class and just because someone like Gil is younger doesn’t mean he will ever get to Eriksens level. The way Eriksen plays the game he has a good few years left in him (heart condition permitting of course) and I’d confidently guess having Eriksen in the team would take us forward a hell of a lot more than Gil or some other youngster with potential - in the same way Modric would have when he was 30….

Hm, not sure about tbh.
We need a deeper squad, by the time it beds in, starts to click, learns new routine tactics etc gil could be in his prime, Eriksen would be waning.

Hm, not sure about tbh.
We need a deeper squad, by the time it beds in, starts to click, learns new routine tactics etc gil could be in his prime, Eriksen would be waning.
Gil will be in his prime? You really think it's going to take about 5 years to learn new routines?
Eriksen will be good for another couple of years. He's also on a free that allows us to spend elsewhere that's needed.

Hm, not sure about tbh.
Agree with needing a deeper squad, but who knows what Gil will look like in his prime. I think we have been so starved of decent signings in recent years that many on here get excited over any singing who shows the slightest bit of talent.

Gil didn’t dominate any games, and that was at that Europa Conference League level but showed a few decent touches and there were people clamouring for him to start in the PL. NDombele showed flashes here and there yet seldom put in a performance for a full game and people were going nuts when he wasn’t picked - it was Jose the dinosaur killing football or whatever and took for Conte to clarify he was no good before people accepted it. We have a load of people talking about Sarr coming in and making a difference next season, an 18 year old who has ability yet not done an awful lot in France. Eriksen remains one of the best playmakers in the game, he’s shown at Brentford he’s still got it and I would take him here for the next 2-3 seasons to help us progress over any of our punts personally……

Back