• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Breaking into the B Team

milo

Jack L. Jones
It looks like Poch is settling on two teams; one for the Premier League and one for the midweek cups. Players who perform in midweek look like they can break their way into the Premier League team. Given that it looks like Poch is picking the Premier League team on form rather than reputation, presumably we may see the midweek players who are not performing making way for players from the development squad. So, who is ready to step up and who will they replace?

Well, I suspect that Chiriches is busy looking to see whether we have a D squad. Veljkovic can step up and replace him.

If you are talking from the 'B' team to the 'A' team, then Kane is the player knocking loudest on the first team door. I'd be tempted to start him ahead of Adebayor.

Kane deserves starts in the epl! easily our striker on the cheapest wages yet has delivered the most, would be really chuffed if he starts sunday, he has earned it imo!

Kane deserves starts in the epl! easily our striker on the cheapest wages yet has delivered the most, would be really chuffed if he starts sunday, he has earned it imo!

Agreed about Kane deserving some more minutes with the first team but for this thread, I was thinking more about who was ready to step up from the youth teams to our cup side.

I would taylor our teams to suit the opposition we face each game. We are not a great side so teams that are better then us we need more players in the team whose strengths are defensive.

Against "weaker" teams we need more attacking players who will play with risk to break down the opposition, in these games I would play Eriksen, Lamela, Mason and Chadli in the same team.

Veljkovic and Ceballos are the two obvious ones - the two grown kids who weren't sent on loan.

Chiriches is the CB under risk.

With Ceballos I think Poch has now cottoned on to the idea that Lennon and Townsend in the same side is a big no-no, so that might give him his chance.

Also Mason's dramatic rise into the league side has seemingly dropped Dembele down to 5th choice for the two CM spots, with Stambouli and Bentaleb ahead of him for the cup side.

Veljkovic and Ceballos are the two obvious ones - the two grown kids who weren't sent on loan.

Chiriches is the CB under risk.

With Ceballos I think Poch has now cottoned on to the idea that Lennon and Townsend in the same side is a big no-no, so that might give him his chance.

Also Mason's dramatic rise into the league side has seemingly dropped Dembele down to 5th choice for the two CM spots, with Stambouli and Bentaleb ahead of him for the cup side.

You would think we could raise some money buy selling off the likes of Dembele and Paulinho we might have to take a loss but could raise enough money to add some real quality to the squad with someone like Clasie being a real need I think.

Think we need to cull a lot of players and have a squad of 21 with the rest being made up of homegrown youngsters. I know it's a mad idea with our usual injury problems, but let's think about it: If we were in the Champions League, most of our top players would be expected to play twice a week. Chelsea work it well in that they rotate the striker and midfield often, but for the most part Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic start. Azpilicueta usually starts but rotates in some games with Luis.

I realise both teams operate different systems, but at the end of the day, IF we hit the later rounds of the competition we will be using Lamela and Eriksen. If we have the NLD the same weekend Poch would need to play our best for both games. Right now the sheer number we have in the squad are a hindrance.

You would think we could raise some money buy selling off the likes of Dembele and Paulinho we might have to take a loss but could raise enough money to add some real quality to the squad with someone like Clasie being a real need I think.

I would seriously add Chriches to that pair too, and as suggested try Veljkovic in the B team, if he doesnt seem it be cutting it we could scout around for a young CB in Jan to add to the squad.

In reply to the original question, could McEvoy or Walker-Peters have a shot at making the EL squad?

I would seriously add Chriches to that pair too, and as suggested try Veljkovic in the B team, if he doesnt seem it be cutting it we could scout around for a young CB in Jan to add to the squad.

In reply to the original question, could McEvoy or Walker-Peters have a shot at making the EL squad?

Walker-Peters certainly seems to be doing well for the U21s

McEvoy struggles to make the bench at Peterborough, so my guess would be no.

Back