• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brave New World- thoughts

Not read the book so super keen to know more about this bit?

So from what I read Levy really rates Poch and his team and Poch has a lot of respect for Daniel. He talks about Levy taking him and the coaching staff away on holiday, part pleasure but also part business - everyone working together to improve the club, build something meaningful here.

Take transfers- they talk about what they need and don’t need. At one point preseason Levy wanted to get in a defensive holding midfielder but Poch told him no don’t worry I’ll turn dier into one, not that he thinks dier a best position is dm but more cb. Levy trusted Poch and he came through that time.

I think levy thinks he has the perfect manager for spurs right now- one who will willingly work within the parameters but does not whine about it in the press. It would take a lot for Levy to get rid of Poch because he has fully bought into poch philosophy. That’s why I struggle to see poch leave for any other club anytime soon, certainly not until spurs are regularly winning trophies.

He mentions Ferguson a couple of times and it’s clear he has a lot of respect for sir Alex especially the longevity of his career and how he was able to keep motivating a team to keep winning.

Scara, you should read it. When Balague(Poch) says “aura” I think he largely means things like body language, energy, positivity, focus, maturity, directness etc. They don’t talk about whether the aura is blue or red etc.

BalagPoch feels there is a universal life force and you can ‘will’ things to happen, but in logical reality he just imagines what he wants to happen and focuses on that and takes logical steps to make it happen.

There is definitely too much mumbo jumbo for Captain Logic but he doesn’t scatter the holy relics and do a rain dance. Yet

Note when Spurs were playing very poorly for a 20 minute period Poch stood up and stood very still and patiently to try to exude calmness because he knows the players are good and they understand what they should be doing. Most managers would shout at individuals. He tries to take away the stress, reduce the panic and long balls and get them to continue what was planned.

Explains why he often just sits down or looks calm/blank rather than trying to fix the problems

Also mentions periods when we are just passing sideways slowly and then going backwards, lacking passing options and not taking a risk, no penetration, the fullbacks are not overlapping, not getting behind the defence, not having support so they are not overloading the opposition fullbacks 2v1.

This is great to read because many of us had been saying this at the time; we were right.

If he's one of them, then yes.

Religion + logic = atheism. Therefore religious people can't apply logic.

He is not.
In fact, he clearly, clearly articulates that he is very tuned-in to the energies and auras of the people he works with. He certainly gives the impression of someone who pays a lot of attention to the psychological side of the game, and I'd wager it is why he was been able (thus far) to keep the players he's wanted to.
As Bullet said, you should read it.

Scara, you should read it. When Balague(Poch) says “aura” I think he largely means things like body language, energy, positivity, focus, maturity, directness etc. They don’t talk about whether the aura is blue or red etc.

BalagPoch feels there is a universal life force and you can ‘will’ things to happen, but in logical reality he just imagines what he wants to happen and focuses on that and takes logical steps to make it happen.

There is definitely too much mumbo jumbo for Captain Logic but he doesn’t scatter the holy relics and do a rain dance. Yet

I've heard this about him for some time and to see it confirmed was excellent. The man's a ledge.

Interesting one for the "Poch picks him so he must be good" crowd.

This why I'm not going to read the book. Currently I rate, like and respect Poch a lot, but when you get to know that much more about someone they're invariably a let down.

Luddite!
How you are shaping up mentally is twinned with your physical capabilities.
I am the least religious person you'll find, however I firmly believe in these extra psychological edges, people's auras, to help navigate situations. In parochial terms, these are largely referred to as 'gut feelings'. Are you telling me you've only ever applied logic to situations and never gone with a gut feeling?

The aura stuff sounds better in that context. The rest of your post makes it certain I won't read it though. At the moment I can pretend to myself that Poch has a mind and a thought process I can respect, it sounds like reading the book would rob me of that.

He is not.
In fact, he clearly, clearly articulates that he is very tuned-in to the energies and auras of the people he works with. He certainly gives the impression of someone who pays a lot of attention to the psychological side of the game, and I'd wager it is why he was been able (thus far) to keep the players he's wanted to.
As Bullet said, you should read it.

Luddite!
How you are shaping up mentally is twinned with your physical capabilities.
I am the least religious person you'll find, however I firmly believe in these extra psychological edges, people's auras, to help navigate situations. In parochial terms, these are largely referred to as 'gut feelings'. Are you telling me you've only ever applied logic to situations and never gone with a gut feeling?
Hate to break it to you but auras are nonsense.

Obviously one can read a person's mood and calculating what a person is thinking without wanting to tell you is a fairly easy skill. More importantly in management is putting your ideas and needs into their heads and giving them the impression they are theirs.

That's nothing to do with auras and energies though, there's a science to it.

Hate to break it to you but auras are nonsense.

Obviously one can read a person's mood and calculating what a person is thinking without wanting to tell you is a fairly easy skill. More importantly in management is putting your ideas and needs into their heads and giving them the impression they are theirs.

That's nothing to do with auras and energies though, there's a science to it.

And you know why, because people can manipulate their mood, fake their personality. If Auras were real they would show true light to who people really are but they dont.

Ultimately people create people

Think they probably mean this:

NOUN - Plural auras, Plural aurae

The distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place.

e.g Churchill, Kennedy, Ali, Messi

Not:

ready-brek.jpg

Auras have a specific meaning in Catholicism though, which is the glow/halo thing. Balague and Poch, both from Catholic counties, would know to use a different word if that's not what they meant.

To put it into context, Poch only mentions the aura thing a couple of times, with no religious connotations whatsoever, probably being careful not to alienate some people with different views. And crucially it is but one tiny tiny part of the whole coaching teams toolkit when preparing and training the team, everything we would expect is done scientifically, but reading people's moods is going that extra bit on the psychological side of things.

Back