• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bond, Ferdinand,Jordan & Sherwood

colin fishwick

Reto Ziegler
Harry going would hopefully have meant the back of these four, especially Sherwood and Ferdinand - both were just typical thick pundits until Harry decided he wanted some ex pro cronies at the club.

Our strikers at the time were actually going great guns until Ferdinand showed up.

We are badly in need of some coaching brains at the club. If Harry is to stay , he need help, help with tactics, help with transfers and help with substitutions. none of the above have anything like the experiance and pedigree required.

Ferdinand and Sherwood , had no experience or qualifications whats so ever. Harry in is own words " wanted to give a leg up to some ex prose " [something like that ].

Last edited:
yo colin, have you ever thought of applying for the role?

i would myself but i know for a fact i'd be the equivalent of a sardine trying to win a marathon.

Harry needs Bond and wouldn't take tactical advice from someone forced upon him, if any at all.
Ferdinand is only a part time coach, doubt he has much impact.
Sherwood works mostly with the young players, in charge of the XI and Nextgen teams.
All about player development and transition from youth to senior football.
Apparently doing his job extremely well, people shouldn't judge him so much on the player he was towards the end of his career.

I wouldn't mind some new blood into the coaching staff,
not sure it's the tactical or transfer side that should be changed though - if that's a problem we should rather get rid of Redknapp. I'd like us to add some dutch flavour - Raymond Verheijen to work on our fitness training, and Edgar Davids as a first team coach and player developer. Bale was very supportive of Verheijen and his work for Wales, while Davids worked after training with our youth back when he played for us - to the benefit of Jamie O'Hara and Aaron Lennon

Harry going would hopefully have meant the back of these four, especially Sherwood and Ferdinand - both were just typical thick pundits until Harry decided he wanted some ex pro cronies at the club.

Our strikers at the time were acutually going great guns until Ferdinand showed up.

We are badly in need of some coaching brains at the club. If Harry is to stay , he need help, help with tactics, help with transfers and help with substitutions. none of the above have anything like the experiance and pedigree required.

Ferdinand and Sherwood , had no experiance or qualifications whats so ever. Harry in is own words " wanted to give a leg up to some ex prose
" [something like that ].

what do you base this theory on?
when did harry put this quote out?

what do you base this theory on?
when did harry put this quote out?

My theory is based on Ferdinand and Sherwood never having coached before,let alone having any success at it. They were both your normal thick ex English players turn pundits, it would have been like Arsenal having Ray Parlour or Paul Merson [ maybe not that bad ].

On match days you can see them sitting in the stands , sending messages downstairs.

As for the quotes I am paraphrasing, Harry said he wanted to help some ex English players into the management and coaching, he tried Teddy first.

Last edited:
What's the problem with recruting intelligent strong charactered former players and give them a start in the coaching business?
They aren't appointed to advice their 30 year senior boss. Everyone have to start somewhere, work on their coaching badges and build experience. Sherwood is doing very well so far.

My theory is based on Ferdinanad and Sherwood never having coached before,let alone having any success at it. They were both your normal thick ex English players turn pundits, it would have been like Arsenal having Ray Parlour or Paul Merson [ maybe not that bad ].

On match days you can see them sitting in the stands , sending messages downstairs.

As for the quotes I am paraphrasing, Harry said he wanted to help some ex English players into the management and coaching, he tried Teddy first.

so neither have coaching qualifications?

I thought that wasn't allowed under EUFA rules....... perhaps they get round it by saying they are consultants.

What's the problem with recruting intelligent strong charactered former players and give them a start in the coaching business?
They aren't appointed to advice their 30 year senior boss. Everyone have to start somewhere, work on their coaching badges and build experience. Sherwood is doing very well so far.

The problem is , we should not be a guinee pig. They may have to " start somewhere " but why us? let them go and be an interms for a couple of days a week at a lower league club.

No evidence that Sherwood is doing well. No ex English pros recently have made good managers, none have made good coaches. They were just your bog standard pundits. " Jobs for the boys ".

No evidence that Sherwood is doing well. No ex English pros recently have made good managers, none have made good coaches.

So there can be no good english coaches coming through, cause there haven't been any else for a while?
Certainly no evidence that he isn't doing well, our youth are developing and our Nextgen team was among the best.
And there's only good words going around about Sherwood, except from fans that hold his playing days against him.

I wouldn't exactly be sad to see the back of Ferdinand (never understand why he was such a fan favourite considering how poor he was for us) and Sherwood. I like Joe Jordan. I can take or leave Kevin Bond.

I like Jordan tbh. I don't associate him as just a Redknapp cronie like the others.

yep, couild be right, I suppose Bond could be put into the same catergory - there just seems like there are too many.

the sight of Sherwood and Ferdinanad in the Directors box , sending messages , looks wrong.

Our strikers at the time were acutually going great guns until Ferdinand showed up.

Ferdinand and Sherwood , had no experiance or qualifications whats so ever. Harry in is own words " wanted to give a leg up to some ex prose " [something like that ].

All of this has passed into the realms of truism. It is suddenly supposed to be self-evident that the coaches who have gotten us to within a poxy Stoke goal and a nonsense Gallas og of being the 3rd best team in the best league in the world, are, in fact, incompetents.

From back to front. We have a well functioning back 4 - we have conceded fewer goals than Arsenal ffs!! And of the two teams below us who have conceded fewer - Liverpool and Everton - their GD's are 8 and 5 compared to our 23! Kaboul is finally starting to fulfil his potential - nothing at all to do with Bond and Harry at all?. We have Walker winning Young Player of the Year, and who has clearly been brought on well and given a clear brief and style to follow when in the 1st team from the coaches. BAE is suddenly one of the best FB's in the league. And the decision to bring in the terrific Gallas and Friedal have been made to work by making them fit in with an excellent existing team set-up. Am I supposed to find serious coaching flaws here somewhere?

How about the shape of the team in the middle and going forward? When playing well, Bale and Lennon are told to pile forward, Modric told to stay in the middle giving-and-going, pushing-and-running, Parker/Sandro told to keep possession, break up play and protect the back. VDV is told to run around a bit and cause chaos, which is perfect for him - although, his work rate is clearly way up since he arrived, which is presumably 100% down to coaching. And Ade was brought in to cause havoc, score goals and make assists - check/check/check. And the team is set up so that he can do that via the wingers' crosses, via 1-2's with vdV, from little balls down the channel from Modric etc.

Our corners and set pieces have been disappointing of late. But we're not fudging Stoke! That's important, right?? Besides, my understanding is that up until the second half of the season our stats from corners and frees was about normal over the medium-long term. We're on a barren run, that's all. Ade's finishing is frustrating, but if you think that started when he arrived at Spurs you're clueless. Ditto Defoe.

I fail to see the evidence I'm being asked to see.

What's the problem with recruting intelligent strong charactered former players and give them a start in the coaching business?They aren't appointed to advice their 30 year senior boss. Everyone have to start somewhere, work on their coaching badges and build experience. Sherwood is doing very well so far.

Nothing. But I'd never describe either of those as intelligent and strong charactered. Quite the opposite in fact - mediocre, weak-minded also rans from our bad old days.

yep, couild be right, I suppose Bond could be put into the same catergory - there just seems like there are too many.

the sight of Sherwood and Ferdinanad in the Directors box , sending messages , looks wrong.

No - Bond and Redknapp are cut from the same cloth. Bond had his own bung scandal etc.

Nothing. But I'd never describe either of those as intelligent and strong charactered. Quite the opposite in fact - mediocre, weak-minded also rans from our bad old days.

No - Bond and Redknapp are cut from the same cloth. Bond had his own bung scandal etc.

Bang on GB. If they were club legends, then you could see why Redknapp would wanna keep them around.

Another thread where the clueless guess.

I could quite easily say Ferdinand and sherwood are the best thing to happen to the club and they are the reason we are top 4. Now I don't have a clue either way, just like the op.

Wild speculation and no real proof to your arguments. We've no idea whether they have been good or bad for the club. A lot of what they would do for the club would be behind the scenes.

Bang on GB. If they were club legends, then you could see why Redknapp would wanna keep them around.

Why ? Club legends doesn't equal skilled coaches.

Sherwood in his day was a very tactical and organised player. No doubt will manage at some point. Ferdinand had a good all round game as well as being a goal scorer. I see no reason why they couldn't be decent coaches based on what we do know.

Back