• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bloody Leeds!!

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
If it wasn't for them, we'd still be unbeaten in 2013!!! *

The quality and performances of the side are unrecognisable from ten years ago. When Holtby came on, I said to mate that back a number if years ago, Holtby would be one of our best players, now he's on the bench. Add in a 'reserve' defender to the standard of Gallas and 'reserve' keeper as good as Friedel and we keep getting better and better as a team.

I'm made proud of our progress on a rational budget and delighted with the way that the club has been managed from the top down and the performances of our players in each game this season. Has been an excellent season and let us hope we can end it by winning the Europa League and finishing in the top 3!!

* of course, we might have beaten Leeds and then lost against Emirates Marketing Project in the next round.

If it wasn't for them, we'd still be unbeaten in 2013!!! *

The quality and performances of the side are unrecognisable from ten years ago. When Holtby came on, I said to mate that back a number if years ago, Holtby would be one of our best players, now he's on the bench. Add in a 'reserve' defender to the standard of Gallas and 'reserve' keeper as good as Friedel and we keep getting better and better as a team.

I'm made proud of our progress on a rational budget and delighted with the way that the club has been managed from the top down and the performances of our players in each game this season. Has been an excellent season and let us hope we can end it by winning the Europa League and finishing in the top 3!!

* of course, we might have beaten Leeds and then lost against Emirates Marketing Project in the next round.

Are you ITK? ;):eek:

Other than that, completely love the post. I'd love to see our form in all competitions recently. We're the "In" team at the moment. Love it!!

EDIT: alot of love in there! Must tone it down..

Last edited:
And the one game I've been to in 2013 so far too ](*,)

It really is kind of amazing though. Is anyone else still struggling to believe it though? This is just so not Spurs. Just in the last 2 weeks we've beat West Ham at their place with a last min wonder goal, beat the goons at home and made Inter Milan, INTER MILAN look completely ordinary. Fair enough they may not be the best Inter team of all time, but to make any Inter team look that bad takes some doing.

The Spurs fan in me is just waiting for an inevitable collapse, but I honestly just can't see it. We have a quality squad, no disruptive figures, everyone seems happy and organised... This is just weird. Loving every minute though, COYS!

I'm worried that Liverpool will bring us crashing down to earth on Sunday. We're obviously going very well, but a long way to go yet.

Not to be too pessimistic though. Today was outstanding and I love watching us at the moment.

I really have every confidence that we can beat anyone right now. Some of the movement, pace of play and the technique shown in the first half, particularly the first 20 minutes, was fantastic to see.

Add in our defensive performances, improving as we become harder to beat, and we have really improved in so many different ways.

Even with that defeat to Leeds, our recent form has been very impressive...

P0203_zps78a59741.png

...11 wins and 5 draws in our last 17 matches, scoring 30 goals and conceding just 12.

Of all the games to lose that is probably the least upsetting, now we are taking the Europa seriously. The loss to Leeds was disappointing, but it does have a positive in that it was a wake up call. Long unbeaten runs can lead to complacency, especially for a team not used to them (Arsenal's "Invincibles" had six wake-up calls including a thrashing by Inter and two losses to 'Boro, iirc).

The Leeds defeat may end up being a blessing in disguise. An extended FA Cup run would have meant more midweek fixtures to fit in (see Chelsea). Yes it was disappointing, but not the end of the world.

Have a bad feeling about Sunday, especially if Lennon is out as I'm sure they will then double-up on Bale and 'try' to totally snuff him out.
As many have said, I will take a draw right now

Liverpool will beat us on Sunday. I fear a tonking. Some diaster like a sending off in the first 10 minutes and we don't see the ball for the rest of the game except Hugo picking it out of the net 5 or 6 times.

This is Spurs. If you've supported us for any length of time, you'll know this is another false dawn and we are only building ourselves up just to wipe the egg from our faces.

Don't be fooled, the football gods are just toying with you.

Liverpool will beat us on Sunday. I fear a tonking. Some diaster like a sending off in the first 10 minutes and we don't see the ball for the rest of the game except Hugo picking it out of the net 5 or 6 times.

This is Spurs. If you've supported us for any length of time, you'll know this is another false dawn and we are only building ourselves up just to wipe the egg from our faces.

Don't be fooled, the football gods are just toying with you.

:ross:

The Leeds defeat may end up being a blessing in disguise. An extended FA Cup run would have meant more midweek fixtures to fit in (see Chelsea). Yes it was disappointing, but not the end of the world.

This then poses the most awkward of all questions about modern football:

Would you rather achieve Champions League qualification or win the FA Cup?

This then poses the most awkward of all questions about modern football:

Would you rather achieve Champions League qualification or win the FA Cup?

I wonder how an Arsenal fan would answer that same question at this moment in time?

I wonder how an Arsenal fan would answer that same question at this moment in time?

They probably need the CL money just to maintain status quo as so many of their players are on far too high wages. For us it feels more like the next step in order to improve further.

If we go on to a CL spot and further in Europa, the exits from CC & FA probably could be seen as helping us.

Team is playing well, we are obviously very hard to beat, long may it continue.

Even with that defeat to Leeds, our recent form has been very impressive...

...11 wins and 5 draws in our last 17 matches, scoring 30 goals and conceding just 12.

Add to this that the draw in Lyon felt like a massive win. This game was a huge boost for the confidence in the team.

They probably need the CL money just to maintain status quo as so many of their players are on far too high wages. For us it feels more like the next step in order to improve further.

I agree, although we dont know for sure, maybe we will soon find out, but its a common theory that Arsenal need CL football year-in year-out to avoid a downward slump.

For me the win in the NLD was not just about beating them and the chance to finish above them, its the oppurtunity to deny them CL football for at least a season, just to see what impact it really does have.

Barring a miracle in the CL, if we do finish 4th or even 3rd, it will of course mean, 2 of Arsenal.Chelsea or Liverpool will not have the luxury of CL football next season, that could have big ramifications for those 2 teams.
We have gone without for many seasons, but thanks to DL our model does not seem to rely on CL income. It will be very interesting to see how those that miss out adapt

Arsenal can afford one season out of the CL it's built into their budget. Lets hope this is the first of many seasons

Back