• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Blatter wants no more pens

I didn't mind the golden goal. Stopped teams from going all out defending
The golden goal rule was taken out of the game because many teams were too scared to concede, and so played very negatively. The concept was great - the execution and outcome not so much.

The golden goal rule was taken out of the game because many teams were too scared to concede, and so played very negatively. The concept was great - the execution and outcome not so much.

only because they knew there were penalties if it was all square after 30 mins

if we played golden goal and reduced the size of the team every 10 mins, then set no limit, it wouldn't be negative

I doubt many would last 30 minutes

Imagine playing us with Bale Lennon and Walker in the team at 5 a side, on a full pitch.........

Should make them run from the halfway line for a one on one with the keeper, ice hockey style

Funny how Mr anti english platini suddenly brings this up when the germans lose on penalties

Had Bayern won on penalties would Blatter be saying the same thing?

Other than replay after replay there is no alternative unless you go for the old US way of starting at a mark around the 25-30yd and going one on one against the keeper.

I wouldn't mind seeing that actually, a player getting the ball at the half way line and having to beat the keeper one-on-one. It's the players choice if they want to go round the keeper, placing it into the corner or powering it straight down the middle.

Would also show the quality in footballers instead of hitting it in from 12 yards out

This might sound mental but, how about having the pens before extra time?

It would get rid of the crushing moment for the losing team, as they'd know they still had 30 minutes to earn a win if they lost the shoot out.

If it remained a draw after 30 mins, the winner of the pens wins the game, if anyone wins in extra time, the pens become irrelevant.

Hey:

thumbnail.aspx

I appreciate that democracy does not exist within FIFA, but......

thumbnail.aspx

You muppet!!

Penalty shoot-outs are ridiculous. A massive skid-mark on the face of the game. Why do we use them?

Should make them run from the halfway line for a one on one with the keeper, ice hockey style

Funny how Mr anti english platini suddenly brings this up when the germans lose on penalties

I've always thought that.

Penalties are too much about luck. This would make it about bottle and composure.

This might sound mental but, how about having the pens before extra time?

It would get rid of the crushing moment for the losing team, as they'd know they still had 30 minutes to earn a win if they lost the shoot out.

If it remained a draw after 30 mins, the winner of the pens wins the game, if anyone wins in extra time, the pens become irrelevant.

I quite like that. Would certainly make extra time more exciting than normal.

Dribble from the half way line for me. Batter is a coont though. He's had the Germans crying at him probably as its the first fudging time they've lost a shoot out!!

dribble from the halfway line? thats exactly the same as a penalty shootout u donut. if we want fair advantage then we have to move away from one on one situations.

dribble from the halfway line? thats exactly the same as a penalty shootout u donut. if we want fair advantage then we have to move away from one on one situations.

Penalties are much more about luck than ability - the keeper pretty much guesses which way to go.

A talented, confident player with a cool head should never not score on a 1:1; whereas a bottler will always struggle.

Back