• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

I posted before you edited you post but you are spot on about education and knowledge of what you have never seen before. We moved to Norfolk back in the early 80's and were house hunting. Before then we had lived in a lot of countrys and places in England and different cultures.

Blew us away when we were looking at houses and what some of the owners said to us. They were proud of the new harbour but also a few of them said " we also do not have a lot of blacks living in the area". We were amazed at that attitude but it was true.

Yeh and look I know there is an opinion on here of me and my post might be twisted about I am not saying by any stretch its a good thing, I am championing the need for education rather than labels. Not everyone is alt right wing, I don't believe my dad is racist either, I believe he is and people will maybe laugh a product of a sheltered white dominant life till his 60s, even then he was never Alf Garnett by any stretch. I just thought I would give an insight to what I believe are the many layers.

Yeh I agree I mentioned that the other day about Alabama, some states are so far removed for them its a huge change.

I look at Americas culture and theirs is relatively young when you consider they pretty much finished wiping out the Indians in the late 1800s so they are so far behind the curve than anyone on this issue.
Easy to forget just how young. I've owned a house older than their constitution.

Surely it should be everybody vs racists not blacks v whites
So many people jumping on this blacklivesmatter stuff its getting ridiculous

What part of protesting against an injustice gives people the right to smash up and loot huge parts of a country

Surely it should be everybody vs racists not blacks v whites
So many people jumping on this blacklivesmatter stuff its getting ridiculous

What part of protesting against an injustice gives people the right to smash up and loot huge parts of a country

Most sane people are against all kinds of racism and discrimination.

On the later part that’s what I mean about someone educating about the looting, it’s playing against them.

Such a shame that his brother's message is being drowned out or ignored by those who need to hear it.

Yeh and that’s the point isn’t it? The person with most hate and hurt is being ignored. He has more skin in the game than anyone and has a voice of total reason and I respect him hugely.

That’s what it calls for, calm.

People digging up the pavement to attack the police need their heads checked

As soon as they go quiet and ‘reasonable’ they will be for all intense and purposes forgotten and ignored till the next black death by police.

I don’t believe that because the riots are not new they continue and still no change has happened. The further apart they get the worse it will get because cops have no choice but to weaponise on the streets.

That’s not me saying police are right, again before that gets chucked in.

But do you rule out totally calmness and dialogue? There has been plenty of examples where that’s worked here in the U.K.

I don’t believe that because the riots are not knew and they continue and still no change has happened. The further apart they get the worse it will get because cops have no choice but to weaponise on the streets.

That’s not me saying police are right, again before that gets chucked in.

But do you rule out totally calmness and dialogue? There has been plenty of examples where that’s worked here in the U.K.

I disagree because we have no idea how the blacks are feeling in US. I would think they want to pull down the world.
Being law abiding citizens has got them treated terribly!
Chucking a pavement at one of these racist bastard must be so tempting!

I disagree because we have no idea how the blacks are feeling in US. I would think they want to pull down the world.
Being law abiding citizens has got them treated terribly!
Chucking a pavement at one of these racist bastard must be so tempting!

I imagine 'the blacks' don't have a blanket response.
I expect some feel outrage. Some pain. Some remote indifference. Some fear. A range. Like any other group of humans.
Being black doesn't reduce 'them' to one single reaction or feeling and I doubt it could be simply summarised

Ok. I just wondered if you'd be able to spot the irony in the fact that you're complaining about prejudice, then blanket-labelling the police as racist bastards.

Obviously not.

My brother in-laws was a police inspector over here and thrown out for his racist behaviour all to do with Blair Peach in Notting hill back in the day. They were a nasty bunch and out of control and nasty racists.

My brother in-laws was a police inspector over here and thrown out for his racist behaviour all to do with Blair Peach in Notting hill back in the day. They were a nasty bunch and out of control and nasty racists.
They were or some of them were?

Back