• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Biggest club in the world?

Who is the biggest club in world football?

• Total voters
I would tend to agree with you.

Do we all agree that United are the biggest club in England? If so, maybe not for long, Fergie is retiring..

Real Madrid, but United aren't far behind at all

both are streets ahead of the rest

Surprised there hasn't been one yet, so.....

150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

I'm no fan but have regarded RM as the world's no 1 ever since that spectacular 7-3 thrashing of Eintracht to win the EC back in the mid-1950s.

1 RM
2 Barca
3 Man U
4 Bayern
5 Liverpool
6 AC Milan
7 Juve
8 Ajax
9 Inter
10 Arse

For me, the biggest club in the world is not about what they have won historically (that's who USED TO BE the biggest clubs in the world), but what they are doing right now.

The factors for me are the size of the fan base, the revenues they generate, the media coverage they generate and how keen the world's best players are to play for that club. It's why I think Liverpool are a bigger club than us despite us finishing above them four seasons running. It's why I also think we're a much bigger club than Villa or Everton, despite having won less league titles than either of them and have never won the European Cup.

Biggest in the world is either Barca or Madrid, with Man Utd in at a close third.

For me it's Tottenham. fudge the rest. Biggest club in the world is a load of brick. Oh some fudger in Abu Dhabi supports United?? Big swinging mickey. Does he remember when Lee Martin scored against Crystal Palace. Probably not. Do I remember screaming my fudging brains out when an unfit Gazza scored against Notts County in 1991? Do I remember that free kick? Yes I fudging do. Do I remember the pain of Lineker missing that pen in 1991? Yes I do. Do I remember Paul Stewart, Des Walker, Allan Nielsen, Jonathan Woodgate, Peter Crouch? Yes I fudging do...

The biggest club is Tottenham Hotspur.

For me, the biggest club in the world is not about what they have won historically (that's who USED TO BE the biggest clubs in the world), but what they are doing right now.

The factors for me are the size of the fan base, the revenues they generate, the media coverage they generate and how keen the world's best players are to play for that club. It's why I think Liverpool are a bigger club than us despite us finishing above them four seasons running. It's why I also think we're a much bigger club than Villa or Everton, despite having won less league titles than either of them and have never won the European Cup.

Biggest in the world is either Barca or Madrid, with Man Utd in at a close third.

it's about sustained success over a long period of time, for me anyway

Chelsea, for example, may have a 5 year period where they win everything in sight and are tops in a lot of the categories you mention above but they wouldn't have the prestige and fan base that clubs like Real Barca and United have - for that they'd need to replicate the success for decades on end.

it's about sustained success over a long period of time, for me anyway

Chelsea, for example, may have a 5 year period where they win everything in sight and are tops in a lot of the categories you mention above but they wouldn't have the prestige and fan base that clubs like Real Barca and United have - for that they'd need to replicate the success for decades on end.

Yes, but that's why I said fan base as the first factor. Chelsea are picking up more and more glory hunting fans year on year - now you see Chelsea shirts on sale in foreign countries which never used to happen before. Look at any football memes page and loads of them will be about Chelsea now, probably more than Arsenal or Liverpool these days which shows what the younger generation of fans see.

But...when Chelsea won the CL and Sky showed the picture from a helicopter of their victory parade compared with Liverpool's, you could see what a small club they still are.

For me it's Tottenham. fudge the rest. Biggest club in the world is a load of brick. Oh some fudger in Abu Dhabi supports United?? Big swinging mickey. Does he remember when Lee Martin scored against Crystal Palace. Probably not. Do I remember screaming my fudging brains out when an unfit Gazza scored against Notts County in 1991? Do I remember that free kick? Yes I fudging do. Do I remember the pain of Lineker missing that pen in 1991? Yes I do. Do I remember Paul Stewart, Des Walker, Allan Nielsen, Jonathan Woodgate, Peter Crouch? Yes I fudging do...

The biggest club is Tottenham Hotspur.

=D>Too Fooking right it's like comparing your kids to other peoples kids.

Real > Barca all day long

more trophies domestically and on the European stage and a bigger name worldwide with larger support. no contest

All things considered, history, fan base and trophies etc, probably Madrid. Although, if we are talking about the most attractive destination here and now then i reckon the majority of players around the world would want to play for Barca more than any other team.

Back