• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Big Summer Clearout?

More chance than the ridiculous over the top change of 10-15 players leaving.

1) Gio
2) Corluka
3) Bassong
4) Jenas
5) Bentley
6) King
7) Gallas
8) Bale
9) Modric
10) Nelsen
11) Saha
12) Adebayour (not even ours)
13) Defoe
14) The forgotten man - Gomes
15) Cudicini

Depending on where we finish, what happens with our manager and what happens in the summer there is the potential for every single one of those to move on. Like I say, it's not what I want, I just see it happening.

The players i think we need to move out are

Gomes

King
Gallas
Nelsen
Bassong

Nicko
Hudd
Jenas
Bentley
Dos Santos

Saha

Depending on if we can shift them all we need

Goalkeeper (1)

CB (2)

Winger (1)

Strikers ( 2)

And definitely a new manager

I think whatever happens with the England job, Redknapp is now very unlikely to be here next season. So Levy needs to get his manager in early and the new man needs to assess the squad and decide who he wants to keep/sell/buy so we can also do our business early.

What would be a disaster is if the FA decide they're going to go with Pearce for the Euros and then appoint Redknapp in July. Then we' have wasted two months. Need to make it clear to both Redknapp and the FA this wouldn't be an acceptable state of affairs.

I think whatever happens with the England job, Redknapp is now very unlikely to be here next season. So Levy needs to get his manager in early and the new man needs to assess the squad and decide who he wants to keep/sell/buy so we can also do our business early.

What would be a disaster is if the FA decide they're going to go with Pearce for the Euros and then appoint Redknapp in July. Then we' have wasted two months. Need to make it clear to both Redknapp and the FA this wouldn't be an acceptable state of affairs.

Thoroughly agreed. The damage has been done now so Redknapp has to go regardless of the offer being made.

The week after the season ends should be when Levy makes his move, not a day after. Lets get the new man in and get moving with transfers early for once.

Out:

In:[/B]
Brendan Rodgers
Whoever he wants

With each passing game, this seems like our only option....

Anyway for me, Swansea 3 Goons 2 was the premeirship's game of the season...
... A manager that can come in and beat the Goons at the passing game and only then can we truly awake from our slumber.

They both need to look at themselves because they are our two best players, and they've not been good enough since January. They don't deserve moves to a CL club if they are part of a squad that has bottled it big style two years running!

Modric is not worth anything close to ?ú40m in my opinion. He can be a great player, but for a midfielder with his talent to contribute as little as he does in terms of goals and assists even though he isn't in the team to score is not good enough. He's an excellent player don't get me wrong, but I don't buy the notion that he's irreplacable. I've seen plenty of Spurs players move on, that's football. He doesn't exert enough influence in the big games.

It's not a case of us wanting to offload our best players, but if we get silly offers we'd have to at least consider them. Even United sold Ronaldo!

So players like Gibson,Park,Diaby,Benayoun,Arteta deserve to play CL more than Modric? They didn't bottle their league games after all

Bale and Modric have been just fine since january,you are expecting those 2 to win us every single game.

Fact is,they are both in top 5 chances creators in the league and they both provide 2.7 chances per game.If we had a world class striker in our team we would have sealed third place long time ago

So players like Gibson,Park,Diaby,Benayoun,Arteta deserve to play CL more than Modric? They didn't bottle their league games after all

Bale and Modric have been just fine since january,you are expecting those 2 to win us every single game.

Fact is,they are both in top 5 chances creators in the league and they both provide 2.7 chances per game.If we had a world class striker in our team we would have sealed third place long time ago

I agree with you on this point although it is about a balance. I think we need more in terms of making the difference from our top players. At the same time, we have needed and craved a proper strikeforce for 3-4 years and are still waiting. Not just one striker but a proper partnership.

Not sure we need a big summer clearout when we've only got 13 decent players (yesterday's starting line-up plus Sandro and Kaboul; and Friedel not Cudicini).

Think we need a big summer spending spree (3 forwards, a CB and a GK) instead

Nobody of our back up players ever gets to play 3 or 4 games in a row in their prefered position.It's very hard to judge the players

Rose was great at the end of last season as LB,I certainly wouldnt wanna get rid of him.
Kranjcar was always great on the left wing,unfortunately he hasen't been used there for 2 years.
Bentley was usually an alright Lennon replacement and put in 6.5/10 performances.
Gio never really got a chance under Redknapp.
Bassong was showing real promise 2 years ago,no clue what's with him now...
Corluka was rock solid in defense when he was fit and formed a great partnership with Lennon
Dawson was our best defender in the 09/10 season
Huddlestone needs to stay,he could be even a regular starter in our first 11
Gallas played a blinder against Chelsea 3 weeks ago but looked terrible yesterday
Pienaar is a solid backup for any midfield position

Jenas can go,we have 6 people who can do his job in the team and he is the only one I would get rid off 100%

The goalkeeper situation is a weird one,Friedel will certainly stay for another year,but after that we are fudged and need to buy 2 new GK's

For various reasons i think it's best if the following players move on:

Gomes = Don't rate him and want him out)
Corluka = Rate him but he needs first team football and we have Naughton coming back)
King , Nelsen, Gallas = Think with Caulker coming back and a possible cb signing we'd only need one of them. Kaboul, Dawson, Caulker , new cb, and one of those is fine.
Bentley = Please leave
Jenas = Please leave
Kranjcar or Pienaar = Personally i prefer Pienaar as a player but i think both will be sold
Modric = Lovely player but i want us to be more direct next season. He's not comitted either and i genuinly think a different approach will get us more success in this league

In will come:
1 CB (and Caulker) (starter)
1 CM (starter)
1 tricky fast winger that can play either side (impact sub)
1 right sided Attacking Mid that can also play Up top (starter)
1 Striker (starter)

Examples
CB = I like Garay form Benfica and havent seen enough of Vertonghen. Man i wish we could somehow sign Samba8
CM = Sigurddson
Fast winger = Hoilett
right sided attacking player = Hmmm Hazard or Remy.
Striker = Adebayor? Ba?

The goalkeeper situation is a weird one,Friedel will certainly stay for another year,but after that we are fudged and need to buy 2 new GK's

Don't think you need 3 senior GKs myself. Especially as you get special dispensation to loan them in the event of injuries.

Krul (say) + Friedel + Button + Janssen would be fine for next season.

Corluka = Rate him but he needs first team football and we have Naughton coming back)
King , Nelsen, Gallas = Think with Caulker coming back and a possible cb signing we'd only need one of them. Kaboul, Dawson, Caulker , new cb, and one of those is fine.
Bentley = Please leave
Jenas = Please leave
Kranjcar or Pienaar = Personally i prefer Pienaar as a player but i think both will be sold
Modric = Lovely player but i want us to be more direct next season. He's not comitted either and i genuinly think a different approach will get us more success in this league

In will come:
1 CM (starter)
1 Striker (starter)

Examples
CB = I like Garay form Benfica and havent seen enough of Vertonghen. Man i wish we could somehow sign Samba8
CM = Sigurddson
Fast winger = Hoilett
Striker = Adebayor? Ba?

Think you can merge these two together if you get the right player. Remy could be competition/cover for Lennon and Adebayor. Instead I'd rather we signed a second (as well as Ade or equivalent) out-and-out #9 - say Leandro to replace Defoe.

I don't rate Hoilett much either. Think he's this year's Wayne Routledge.

Bentley = Please leave
Jenas = Please leave

In will come:
1 CM (starter)
1 Striker (starter)

Examples
CM = Sigurddson
Fast winger = Hoilett
Striker = Adebayor? Ba?

so we cant play direct with modric in the team? who would replace him? as in your ideal attainable player that you may have in your mind as an example

Kingdawson said:

?

Not direct enough?

Thats crazy

so we cant play direct with modric in the team? who would replace him? as in your ideal attainable player that you may have in your mind as an example

Sigurddson 100%. He can pass, can shoot, can go past players, is strong in the air, is great at finding space and getting himself in good goalscoring positions, excellent set piece delivery, tall and strong and above all else seems to have the right atitude. It was you that stated he was a Lampard mark two which i thought was a brilliant comparison.

Yes we can play direct with Luka but the 'xavi role is overrated in this league imo. You don't need it. Chelski didn't have it for years and were still winning silverware galore. In La Liga ok, in seria A fine but in this league its not vital.

Back