• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Big Issue..

It's obviously down to where you live as well. If you live out in the sticks I can understand how you wouldn't feel the same way as someone brought up where I have been.

Was looking at bank statements and I'm now giving over ?ú100 a month to various charities......which I'm sort of Ok with and I can afford it so what the hell.

But the chuggars are serously tinkling me off, the fudging cheek! I told one I was 'all charitied out' I've gt to draw the line somewhere, and he said well 'you can afford another tenner a month surely'? It's only ?ú2.50 a week, 32p a day, 1.3p per hour, 0.02p per minute........SURELY YOU CAN AFFORD THAT??? SURELY!!!!????

Erm....not really, now get out of my fudging way.

Was looking at bank statements and I'm now giving over ?ú100 a month to various charities......which I'm sort of Ok with and I can afford it so what the hell.

But the chuggars are serously tinkling me off, the fudging cheek! I told one I was 'all charitied out' I've gt to draw the line somewhere, and he said well 'you can afford another tenner a month surely'? It's only ?ú2.50 a week, 32p a day, 1.3p per hour, 0.02p per minute........SURELY YOU CAN AFFORD THAT??? SURELY!!!!????

Erm....not really, now get out of my fudging way.

I find that walking past them ignoring them works. Or if they say 'you having a good day' yeah i am until you fudgein spoke to me - works a treat

No I'm not. Plenty of English ppl are becoming more and more fudged off with ppl from outside of this country coming over here and claiming our taxes and housing.

Now I'm sorry if it offends anyone but I will not apologise for wanting it to stop. Every person I know who works feels the same too so why is it that a select few on here seem to jump on me for making certain comments. I'm not looking to antagonise but I will say how I feel.

i'm english, i'm fudged off with the english people claiming benefit, taxes and housing, if you were born in the uk you had education thrown at you, there is no excuse for not making something of yourself, the answer can only be laziness

selling the big issue can't be fun, it speaks volumes about the work ethic of a person who does a job like that rather than sitting around being a useless **** blaming the world for their woes

i'm english, i'm fudged off with the english people claiming benefit, taxes and housing, if you were born in the uk you had education thrown at you, there is no excuse for not making something of yourself, the answer can only be laziness

selling the big issue can't be fun, it speaks volumes about the work ethic of a person who does a job like that rather than sitting around being a useless **** blaming the world for their woes

Don't think I think any more or less of English ppl claiming unnecessarily too lazy to get out there and work.

Don't think I think any more or less of English ppl claiming unnecessarily too lazy to get out there and work.

Yet you single "Little Johnny Foreigner" out in a couple of posts above and have a pop at them for taking our taxes. It could just as easily have been an english person standing outside Tesco's, i wonder if you would be so tinkled off if that was the case.

To be honest if you want to be tinkled off at a section of society you might want to turn your frustration to the succesive Governments who have given up powers to the EU who in turn have forced these lax Immigration laws as well as a shed load of other brick onto the country.

The problem with your stance is that as you've acknowledged above there is just as much case for saying that a vast number of "English" people can be labelled as lazy, benefit scroungers (again Government policy decisions have had a negative impact here) and what really makes their decision to live of the state any better than someone from outside the country coming in and doing the same. Both have the legal right to do so currently.

Theres far to many people who buy into the idea that you need to hate others, or blame others for how things are in the country yet those that actually (supposedly) run the show get away with doing whatever. Theres no need for hate between blacks/whites, foreigners or british nationals, gays/straights whatever. I would go on about the idea of Subversion but thats taking this thread into a whole other area :-"

Mate I appreciate your reply. I don't hate black ppl or Muslim or, as I call them, johnny foreigners. I hate ppl who don't work and don't WANT to work whatever they are. I would hate an English man for standing outside doing the same thing. I really fail to understand how ppl on here fail to understand that.

Take spaceman. I gather he's a black guy and he took exception to a comment I made a few months back along the lines of 'black ppl DO get the same rights as a white person in employment' but he was adamant that black ppl don't and are still discriminated against. Well I'm sorry for thinking tht, in 2012, everyone has the same work opportunities.

He's about 35. He goes into the HSBC bank too so doubt he's homeless either. Therefore not homeless, not working, more than likely claiming....

To anyone born in England if your happy with all these foreigners claiming your taxes in benefits then that's down to you but I'm sick and tired of ppl having a go at me for not wanting it going on.

Take my advice Roy.
Stop. But a Big Issue from him. Talk to him. Learn something about him. And THEN if you want to judge, thats your prerogative...but you cannot seriously claim any ground at all when you don't know anything about that which you're getting angry...BTW, homeless people are allowed to have bank accounts too...as are people on benefits...

I don't hate spaceman. He can hate me if he wants but that don't make me happy. I'm not looking for sympathy ffs I just fail to understand how the state this country is in more ppl just seem to think nothing's wrong and we should all bury our heads in the sand and say nothing.

Genuinely sorry if I have or ever have offended anyone here btw.

Take my advice Roy.
Stop. But a Big Issue from him. Talk to him. Learn something about him. And THEN if you want to judge, thats your prerogative...but you cannot seriously claim any ground at all when you don't know anything about that which you're getting angry...BTW, homeless people are allowed to have bank accounts too...as are people on benefits...

Your right that I've judged him without knowing anything about him and that doesn't make me proud. Good advice btw.

Mate I appreciate your reply. I don't hate black ppl or Muslim or, as I call them, johnny foreigners. I hate ppl who don't work and don't WANT to work whatever they are. I would hate an English man for standing outside doing the same thing. I really fail to understand how ppl on here fail to understand that.

Take spaceman. I gather he's a black guy and he took exception to a comment I made a few months back along the lines of 'black ppl DO get the same rights as a white person in employment' but he was adamant that black ppl don't and are still discriminated against. Well I'm sorry for thinking tht, in 2012, everyone has the same work opportunities.

You have always seemed like a really nice, and genuinely earnest, chap. I was, to be honest, a bit alarmed at the post you made above. I seriously, seriously suggest you take a step back from the opinions you're airing to take stock/educate, yourself. Again, please do not see what I'm saying as patronizing, I am genuinely, genuinely trying to offer what I think is helpful advice...the alternative is grim. Not sure if you're a history buff, but something happened around 1919-1930 which saw an entire nation brainwashed into a culture of blame signaled atrocities of such an enormous disgrace that their scars should NEVER be hidden...it seems like a gulf, but when people start discarding an entire 'people' without KNOWING what they're talking about, societies can get ugly...

Sorry, wrote this before I saw your last reply...give it a whirl mate...it's incredible what you learn about people. A lot of asylum seekers have suffered the sorts of atrocities and degradation that half of us cannot even deal with in the movies!

I don't hate spaceman. He can hate me if he wants but that don't make me happy. I'm not looking for sympathy ffs I just fail to understand how the state this country is in more ppl just seem to think nothing's wrong and we should all bury our heads in the sand and say nothing.

Genuinely sorry if I have or ever have offended anyone here btw.

You were brave enough to say something you felt. The fact I, and many, didn't agree with it is irrelevant. You spoke up. Maybe some of the response you've had will urge you to seek another set of answers mate; again, you seem like the sort of chap who's happy enough to check out the new and admit if you had a wrong take/at least engage in a process of learning.

Good luck...I personally think these sorts of things can be so absolutely positive in their outcomes that they almost become epiphanies...

You have always seemed like a really nice, and genuinely earnest, chap. I was, to be honest, a bit alarmed at the post you made above. I seriously, seriously suggest you take a step back from the opinions you're airing to take stock/educate, yourself. Again, please do not see what I'm saying as patronizing, I am genuinely, genuinely trying to offer what I think is helpful advice...the alternative is grim. Not sure if you're a history buff, but something happened around 1919-1930 which saw an entire nation brainwashed into a culture of blame signaled atrocities of such an enormous disgrace that their scars should NEVER be hidden...it seems like a gulf, but when people start discarding an entire 'people' without KNOWING what they're talking about, societies can get ugly...

Sorry, wrote this before I saw your last reply...give it a whirl mate...it's incredible what you learn about people. A lot of asylum seekers have suffered the sorts of atrocities and degradation that half of us cannot even deal with in the movies!

If the post that alarmed you was the one you quoted then I'm confused as we're in 2012 and as far as Im aware we all have the same work opportunities regardless to our skin colour? Correct me if I'm wrong? I appreciate your advice steff.

In all seriousness I'll leave it as I can see I'm batting solo on this subject on here anyway.

Also gordinho....no need mate.

If the post that alarmed you was the one you quoted then I'm confused as we're in 2012 and as far as Im aware we all have the same work opportunities regardless to our skin colour? Correct me if I'm wrong? I appreciate your advice steff.

In all seriousness I'll leave it as I can see I'm batting solo on this subject on here anyway.

Also gordinho....no need mate.

No no mate, it was this subject thread post actually...I do, for what it's worth, believe you're wrong on the other, however that's what it is, this was what I was discussing mate...

I'm fairly sure Big Issue sellers have to buy the magazines to then sell, and so take any profit/loss that results from that, a very basic business really. I'm sure there's more to it than that with regard to the charity but that was my understanding. So isn't it something to be impressed by, rather than irritated by, that someone is trying to help themselves, albeit with some help from others, by taking part in that scheme?

It may not have occurred to some of the self righteous posters on here but some people don't actually want Great Britain to become the dumping ground for all of the worlds waifs and strays. As much as they might have had a tough life at home, GB is a tiny speck of the planet and one of the most populated.
The country cannot balance its own trade defecit and we can ill afford to continually shovel our economy into the mouths of anyone who rocks up and wants a free meal, house and hand outs, because they know we (as a nation) will simply do that.

People can afford to take the moral high ground, and condemn Roy for his attitude - poor choice of words in the OP by the way Roy, it was never going to earn you too many friends, but would any of you take in a complete stranger from another country and start feeding them on your earnings, letting them have the run of your house and generally letting them take everything they want from you, without a hope of it ever being paid back?

Because thats what you are endorsing that your country does.

I admit my choice of words could've been better but we are both saying the same thing mick you've just put it, as ever, more eloquently.

I hope you drown in your own bile you worthless piece of brick.

Hey where you been gordi not seen you on here for a bit, hope everything is alright.

As for the big issue, i brought it once but the was nothing in there that i liked. Good idea but the was nothing in it for me so i never brought again. Should at least have some tits on page 3.

Back