• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Big Issue..

Roy1983

Edward Sheringham
Little Johnny foreigner always stands outside my local supermarket saying big issue. I've never even acknowledged the **** but he still always asks me. I've never even see anyone give him so much as a look let alone a pound!! Is it classed as begging therefore illegal? Not sure why Tesco haven't sent him on his way yet tbh? Massive black security guard patrols around outside quite a bit.

I will knock the scrawny little benefit claimer out one of these days.

It's not illegal. Big issue sellers have designated areas where they are allowed to sell their magazines providing they are wearing identification badges and are in their specific designated area. Private property i suppose it can be considered illegal but he's outside the store as you say, so nah it's fine. Beat 'Johnny foreigner' up if that's your thing but you won't have the moral excuse of only beating him up because he's partaking in illegal activity to fall back on.

I walk past a seller everyday right on Baker Street next to work and he doesnt bother me cos he knows my answer but I think I may buy one or two issues from now on cos he has respected me by not bothering me.

ITS THE fudging CHUGGERS THAT I WANNA MURDER. I WANNA STRANGLE THEM. I WANNA TORTURE THE ****S. THEY SHOULD BE LINED UP HUNG DRAWN AND fudgeIN QUARTERED AND FED TO THE fudgeIN LIONS.

I've got a personal pledge, that as long as any beggar is not visibly high/drunk I will always give them change if I have any.

Used to regularly buy the big issue, but as there aren't any sellers in the sticks, this pledge replaced it. Can't imagine the state your life must be in if you are begging...

I walk past a seller everyday right on Baker Street next to work and he doesnt bother me cos he knows my answer but I think I may buy one or two issues from now on cos he has respected me by not bothering me.

ITS THE fudging CHUGGERS THAT I WANNA MURDER. I WANNA STRANGLE THEM. I WANNA TORTURE THE ****S. THEY SHOULD BE LINED UP HUNG DRAWN AND fudgeIN QUARTERED AND FED TO THE fudgeIN LIONS.

This.

Its got to the point outside Kings Cross station they're now harassing the queues of people waiting at bus stops. People saying no, but as they're not on the move the chuggers just keep trying.

Let me get this straight - you want to club some kid selling a magazine outside your local supermarket? :D

Me and you should go for a beer some time

Little Johnny foreigner always stands outside my local supermarket saying big issue. I've never even acknowledged the **** but he still always asks me. I've never even see anyone give him so much as a look let alone a pound!! Is it classed as begging therefore illegal? Not sure why Tesco haven't sent him on his way yet tbh? Massive black security guard patrols around outside quite a bit.

Shocking post

Does he wear a red Big Issue vest with an ID card? In that case, he is likely to be homeless and not a "scrawny little benefit claimer". Your posts seems to be becoming more and more provocative - are you deliberately trying to tinkle people off?

the big issue are missing a massive opportunity, they should go to digital distribution only, they could save a fortune in printing and distribution costs...

Whenever I'm back, I always buy The Big Issue. I've even bought two or three of the same mag sometimes...it is someone making an attempt to engage in a legal transaction and hopefully get a smile or a 'hello' back. It could be their bridge back to a bit of pride and self-worth. At the very least, it's an attempt to do the right thing with a magazine that is actually pretty decent.

I read once, a long time ago, that panhandlers are often as much looking for some acknowledgement of their presence on this earth as they are 50p...I am not religious and I am not biblical, but I do believe you have to try and connect with people. And IMHO, people who cannot look a homeless person in the eye and either say 'sure here you go mate' and give them 50p OR 'sorry mate, not today, have a good one' whilst LOOKING at them, are actually too scared and afraid of who they really are.

I'm not being sanctimonious, I fail sometimes...there are occasions when I cannot look a panhandler in the eye, or when I just want to yell 'go away'...but most of the time, I really try to hold myself to the simple standard; treat people as you would wish to be treated...

<<Little Johnny foreigner always stands outside my local supermarket saying big issue. I've never even acknowledged the **** but he still always asks me...>>

One other thing to consider mate...how much courage do you think that bloke must have to stand there, day in, day out, asking you when he can sense that you despise him? Yet every day he's there, asking, just in case there's been a change...why not do something REALLY big and actually buy a copy from him and ask him how he got there? It'll take 10 minute mate and could the best 2 quid you've spent in years...I met someone recently down the park walking our dogs, an old fella, nice man, and after chatting with him for 30 mins, this man's life story was fudging INCREDIBLE...seriously Roy, I say this in a friendly gesture not to sound like a pious ****, go buy a copy from him and talk to him for 5-10 mins...turn it around mate. You'll feel better.

Let me get this straight - you want to club some kid selling a magazine outside your local supermarket? :D

Me and you should go for a beer some time

He's about 35. He goes into the HSBC bank too so doubt he's homeless either. Therefore not homeless, not working, more than likely claiming....

To anyone born in England if your happy with all these foreigners claiming your taxes in benefits then that's down to you but I'm sick and tired of ppl having a go at me for not wanting it going on.

Shocking post

Does he wear a red Big Issue vest with an ID card? In that case, he is likely to be homeless and not a "scrawny little benefit claimer". Your posts seems to be becoming more and more provocative - are you deliberately trying to tinkle people off?

No I'm not. Plenty of English ppl are becoming more and more fudged off with ppl from outside of this country coming over here and claiming our taxes and housing.

Now I'm sorry if it offends anyone but I will not apologise for wanting it to stop. Every person I know who works feels the same too so why is it that a select few on here seem to jump on me for making certain comments. I'm not looking to antagonise but I will say how I feel.

He's about 35. He goes into the HSBC bank too so doubt he's homeless either. Therefore not homeless, not working, more than likely claiming....

To anyone born in England if your happy with all these foreigners claiming your taxes in benefits then that's down to you but I'm sick and tired of ppl having a go at me for not wanting it going on.

I hope you drown in your own bile you worthless piece of brick.

Back