• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best signing of the window

Who is the best signing of the January transfer window?

• Total voters
Holtby, Butland, Samba and Ba all look like very good signings to me. Accepting that Samba was way too expensive, but QPR don't care.

Apart from Samba (and QPR don't care) those were all "good deals" because of contract issues of financial issues for the selling club.

I think Sturridge is a good signing too, pretty much the best Liverpool could do at this point.

Holtby clearly the best when looking at the fee paid. Stoke being clever and getting a new goalie in BEFORE losing Begovic. Ba would be good if they actually played him.

Holtby clearly the best when looking at the fee paid. Stoke being clever and getting a new goalie in BEFORE losing Begovic. Ba would be good if they actually played him.

I'm a little surprised that arsenal didn't try and get Butland. I think Chesney is a bit of a disaster myself.

I'm a little surprised that arsenal didn't try and get Butland. I think Chesney is a bit of a disaster myself.

Wenger not seeing the obvious as usual? :lol: They'll stick with Scxkhny till Wenger retires I think. Not sure Butland is the one for them though. Stekelenburg or even Begovic would be better.

So far its looking like Sissoko although it looks like Holtby is going to be a top signing. For the money spent on these players they will bring so much value.

who were the jerks saying sissoko was crap and would never live up to his potential? for 1.5mil he's an unbelievable pickup. shattered we weren't in for him.

Butland to Stoke. I'd imagine they'll get him in to fight with Begovic next season, will be No.1 the season after and then will be sold for £10-15m the season after!

Looks like he will be their No.1 next season, Begovic off to United. Could be a great deal for Stoke

Holtby looked impressive in his cameo, but cant really vote for him based on 15/20 mins.

My vote goes to Sturridge, he looks like he could take a bit of the goalscoring onus off Suarez and make them a massive danger to our hopes of getting 4th

Really not convinced by Sturridge. Yes he scores goals but he is so selfish, wants the glory whilst better options are available. He will score a few goals for Pool but i think players like Holtby, Sissoko, Butland etc will have a greater impact on their respected teams and will offer greater value for the fees paid.

Wenger not seeing the obvious as usual? :lol: They'll stick with Scxkhny till Wenger retires I think. Not sure Butland is the one for them though. Stekelenburg or even Begovic would be better.

You are right. Probably not a good idea to put a kid behind that defence. They need someone with a bit more authority.

Back