• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best signing of the window

Who is the best signing of the January transfer window?

• Total voters

milo

Jack L. Jones
Give me some names for the best signing by an English club in this window. I'll add the most popular to a poll at some stage tomorrow and we can put it to a vote.

Give me some names for the best signing by an English club in this window. I'll add the most popular to a poll at some stage tomorrow and we can put it to a vote.

Ba

Think he will score plenty for them

Sturridge IF he fires Pool to 4th. Not convinced Coutinho can get over his injury issues in an even more physical league.

In terms of player quality, I think Holtby and Monreal are the best. Holtby will be better value though since we are just so, so lacking in his qualities.

Zaha. The lad will be immense for United, a real handful. Still a bit disappointed we couldn't nab him from under their noses like we did with Bale.

I think, from the 15 minutes I've seen of Holtby :)-"), that he could be the one.

If the movement, creativity and passing we saw from him against Norwich is what he does at a regular basis, he could very well be a key player for us in the battle for fourth place. He really speeded up our play and created space for other players, which we have been desperately lacking this season.

In some ways he actually reminded me of Modric, so it will be very interesting to see how he does for the reminder of the season.

Those 15 minutes alone was worth the £1,5m!

Ba could also be good for Chelski - if he's allowed to play, which is hard to predict at that joke of a football club.

I think that Stoke's signing of Jack Butland was a shrewd bit of business. Loads of clubs have been sniffing around him and few would have predicted the Stoke would come out on top.

I think that Stoke's signing of Jack Butland was a shrewd bit of business. Loads of clubs have been sniffing around him and few would have predicted the Stoke would come out on top.

Was thinking the same. I can't claim to have watched much of Butland, but he does seem to be getting good reviews. 4M for a young goalkeeper is very good business especially considering they can now sell Begovic to Man Utd or another top club for +10M.

Was thinking the same. I can't claim to have watched much of Butland, but he does seem to be getting good reviews. 4M for a young goalkeeper is very good business especially considering they can now sell Begovic to Man Utd or another top club for +10M.

Exactly

And may I add, kudos to Butland for rejecting Chelsea because he wanted to have a fair chance of getting 1st team football. Sounds like Stoke may have hinted that Begovic will be sold in the summer.

Butland to Stoke. I'd imagine they'll get him in to fight with Begovic next season, will be No.1 the season after and then will be sold for £10-15m the season after!

Back