• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best Overseas City for Long Weekend Break ... wahddya reckon ... ?

What does everyone think about Prague? Thinking of a lad's weekend there, but is it more a place to take the missus?

I lived there for five months, loved the city. fudging fun too. They hate British tourists though. You guys have a reputation there of being boorish pricks who go there for bachelor parties. That said, since the reputation is already in place, you might as well go there and be a boorish prick. The beer is amazing.

What does everyone think about Prague? Thinking of a lad's weekend there, but is it more a place to take the missus?

A) Yes, it is a place to bring the missus if you want to be romantic - it's not bad for that.

B) There are many a place to get up-to all sorts for a lad's weekend, there is a lot of stuff to do for most likely anything you can think of.

Have the decency to learn some of the basic phrases and you will not be far wrong, please thank you etc, and be prepared to pay UK prices in the centre - slightly further afield pubs will net you a nice 50p a pint for example.

Come and get drunk is fine, just don't be an ass and you'll be ok.

Google is your friend, you can make your own mind up ;)

Last edited:
I lived there for five months, loved the city. fudging fun too. They hate British tourists though. You guys have a reputation there of being boorish pricks who go there for bachelor parties. That said, since the reputation is already in place, you might as well go there and be a boorish prick. The beer is amazing.

And it is absolutely teeming with English. I've been on a stag weekend there and, actually, most people were very friendly. I guess it's all about how you present yourself.

Just got back from a long stag weekend to Siofok and Budapest. Siofok is on lake Balaton and was absolutely crazy, mini rave festivals, loads of bars and lots of Germans dancing to trance... and all of it in 35C+ weather! Budapest is an incredibly beautiful city as well.

Anyone been to Krakow? Going there next weekend.

Any good spots for sights, food or other fun activities?

Mine too.

I would urge everyone to go over Christmas and New Years - its just brilliant. It is very cold but its very awesome and much more Chrismassy than here in UK.

Toronto beats NYC for me, more organic in terms of its offering as people actually live downtown as the city is still pretty young. Great sports scene all downtown too which is amazing.

Back