• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best live recorded performances ever

@ringo Paul from TTM is a good mate of mine, used to write and play together! They're great live, really tight.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I think live performances are a personal snapshot on one's life, I remember when I saw "whoever" now they might not of been that good but they fitted the moment.
Now for me there is an added element to my live 'rememberings' nostalgia.. Once went to see Santana at the Wembley arena and they were poor, but and here's where 'the moment' came in. Also on the bill was this old geezer;) called Eric Burdon .......he was outstanding! I will never forget it! late 70's I think
I wonder what year that was . i saw Santana several times in the late 70s/early 80s including Wembley - with his band and on the Oneness tour. I didn't realise Burdon was a support. I probably arrived late and missed it. In fact I might even have seen him - my memory is that bad!

@ringo Paul from TTM is a good mate of mine, used to write and play together! They're great live, really tight.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

They are a brilliant live band -I've seen a lot of bands, and they are one of the best bands I've seen gigging. First saw them in London, end of 2013 I think, might have been early 2104 and a couple of times since. Your mate is a very good guitarist, clean accurate playing, not too cluttered, tasteful, lovely tone. I was a bit disappointed that Luke left the band, though.

So do you play guitar? Are you in a band? (And is Paul a Spurs fan?)

Motörhead "No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith" is an incredible live album which stands the full test time.
Hawkwind's "Space Ritual" is another absolutely timeless BELTER!!!!
Oasis released a very hard to find promo CD in 1995 which was fantastic!
Nirvana's "Live At Reading" and "Live At The Paramount" are also great.

I am sure there are many many more...is this also a 'best live show' thread?

I loved the hawks and seen them live on many occasions, this is/was one of my favs.

Really amazing band, their prime was certainly during Lemm's era...he always held a soft spot for them despite how they fudged him over at the time. It was always great thing when him and Brock would get together for a jam onstage...remember when they'd play a Stonehenge (when you could get up near the stones?!)

Really amazing band, their prime was certainly during Lemm's era...he always held a soft spot for them despite how they fudgeed him over at the time. It was always great thing when him and Brock would get together for a jam onstage...remember when they'd play a Stonehenge (when you could get up near the stones?!)

Yep, and if i recall rightly they were the last band to be allowed to play there. If they had allowed another festival the next year then they would have been unable to stop any future ones. Not sure of the numbers now but under ancient law if there had been a festival the next year it would have gone done as a festival sight and no one could have objected.

Really amazing band, their prime was certainly during Lemm's era...he always held a soft spot for them despite how they fudgeed him over at the time. It was always great thing when him and Brock would get together for a jam onstage...remember when they'd play Stonehenge (when you could get up near the stones?!)

I'd have paid to see that

Been lucky enough to have seen these guy on several occasions and they have been brilliant every time.

6:37 acid head orgasm. Imagine being in the crowd there. I could just sit and watch Nick Mason drum all night. So understated yet powerful

Back