• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best film of the 80s - QF4 - Trading Places v the Blues Brothers

Which film is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would anything British make it through? Gangster nonsense, from Lock Stock onwards, could be eliminated fast. We'd have not truck with the Richard Curtis simpering US-gaze crap, or the feelgood gritty-Northern gonads. Trainspotting maybe, which was pretty impressive as adaptations go. But that's only one home-grown quarter finalist.

Shane Meadows did a load of good films in the 90s but they might suffer from not being well enough known. Shallow Grave, Nil By Mouth, Secrets and Lies, the Crying Game?

Shane Meadows did a load of good films in the 90s but they might suffer from not being well enough known. Shallow Grave, Nil By Mouth, Secrets and Lies, the Crying Game?

Shallow Grave gets eliminated by Trainspotting in the round of sixteen. It's sad, but fair.

Nil by Mouth goes out unfairly in the first round, it's a very good shout though.

Secrets and Lies? Hmm. Mike Leigh has been Mike Leigh for ever, there's nothing quintessentially 90s about S&L. Also, it was shot just down the road from me, and no good ever came from N14.

A surprise knob reveal isn't enough to get the otherwise plodding TCG on the list.

Would probably be*,

Jurassic Park
Goodfellas
Reservoir Dogs
The Big Lebowski

So, yes better than our final four here, but possibly not the four it should have been.

*Unless we let GG vote on it.

You need to allow for me screwing up the draw and putting those up against each other in the first round whilst Titanic and Sense and Sensibility go up against films no one has heard of.

You need to allow for me screwing up the draw and putting those up against each other in the first round whilst Titanic and Sense and Sensibility go up against films no one has heard of.

poll me like one of your French girls

too much Jeff goldblum?

not possible

Even if we had all the smileys on Spurs Community. Even if we had all the iOS emojis. Even if we could paste in all the expressions into which Mr Goldblum's face contorts when he's trying to convey horror or confusion.

Even with all of those, no response to that post would be possible.

Even if we had all the smileys on Spurs Community. Even if we had all the iOS emojis. Even if we could paste in all the expressions into which Mr Goldblum's face contorts when he's trying to convey horror or confusion.

Even with all of those, no response to that post would be possible.

you are right, he has tremendous range

too much Jeff goldblum?

not possible

the-tall-guy-dv.jpg

A surprise knob reveal isn't enough to get the otherwise plodding TCG on the list.
Strange. Per Chich's memoirs, a surprise knob reveal normally gets one put onto a list?

Anyway, on this one I'll vote for TP when I can be arsed to login, to try and eliminate TBB.

Back