• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best album of the 90s

Eh? Zack de la Rocha wrote excellent lyrics, very educational for a teenage me, about American history, war, government, Mexico etc. He's a political activist that devotes huge amounts of time and money to worthy causes and has addressed the UN... anyway, let me get clicking on that there link...

I agree, I've always considered their lyrics sharp, they may well repeat things but that's to build the song

I'm sure you've seen the video of their first live performance, an unsigned band on their college campus, the tracks were almost perfectly formed even then

the first album really is a force

Fella, you're starting to make a fool of yourself...

It's all opinions

I think the lyrics are lazy and juvenile

But horses for courses as they say

I'll end this by asking, if/when you have kids, will you hand them this album as something to listen to?

It's all opinions

I think the lyrics are lazy and juvenile

But horses for courses as they say

I'll end this by asking, if/when you have kids, will you hand them this album as something to listen to?

Lazy and juvenile, yet you nominate the Red Hot Chili Peppers? Give me strength...

No I wouldn't play RATM to my kids, because my kids are 1 an 4 years old and this music is clearly not appropriate for that age. When they're at an age I deem appropriate, most definitely as it is a fantastic album. Though I don't see the relevance of playing music to my kids being a barometer of good music.

I will 100% play RATM to my kids at an acceptable age. I want them to understand the subject matter of their songs, the genre-creating and defining musicianship, and the craft of powerful, incendiary, heavy yet melodic songwriting.

Lazy and juvenile, yet you nominate the Red Hot Chili Peppers? Give me strength...

No I wouldn't play RATM to my kids, because my kids are 1 an 4 years old and this music is clearly not appropriate for that age. When they're at an age I deem appropriate, most definitely as it is a fantastic album. Though I don't see the relevance of playing music to my kids being a barometer of good music.
Booooo. fudge you and your censorship.

If you're going to insist that avoidance is better than education (Boooo, fudge you and your censorship), then you should give this guy a call:
http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com/home

We've got plenty of his stuff and my son loves it.

Is your username from their 'bullet in the head' track?

Killing in the name of!

Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses

And now you do what they told ya

Those who died are justified, for wearing the badge, they're the chosen whites

And now you do what they told ya, now you're under control

fudge you, I won't do what you tell me

Yes, I was listening to Bullet in the head when I chose my username.

Those lyrics are superb, covering racism, police brutality, Ku Klux Klan, the authorities, all in one pulsating song coupled with Tom Morello's blistering guitar work? Incredible

Booooo. fudge you and your censorship.

If you're going to insist that avoidance is better than education (Boooo, fudge you and your censorship), then you should give this guy a call:
http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com/home

We've got plenty of his stuff and my son loves it.

my kids are 3 and 5, we obviously censor what they see and hear to some level but I don't feel we need to protect them from rock music, if we have to explain "bad words" then so be it

i'm thankful they enjoy that kind of music to be honest, my son loves Maiden and Ozzy whereas my daughter has a much softer taste, she likes AC/DC and U2

Freddy Fresh.jpg

Coming late to this as well but I have 3.

Leftfield - Leftism
Massive Attack - Blue Lines
Freddy Fresh - All Mixed Up.

Beasts.

Edit - can see that Leftfield and Massive Attack have been added. Good.

Last edited:
Yes, I was listening to Bullet in the head when I chose my username.

Those lyrics are superb, covering racism, police brutality, Ku Klux Klan, the authorities, all in one pulsating song coupled with Tom Morello's blistering guitar work? Incredible

seeing them perform Bullet in the Head live is one of my best moments from when i regularly went to gigs and festivals - awesome song

I entered mine just after you posted the link last night, was it me and do i get the blame for that as well ;)

It didn't record your vote. If I had run the polling booths for the referendum everything would be fine ;)

It didn't record your vote. If I had run the polling booths for the referendum everything would be fine ;)

You would have had a wand that did not allow Brexit voters to come in. :) I did actually get the full list of albums and put my ticks in and it went through ( or so it seemed).

You would have had a wand that did not allow Brexit voters to come in. :) I did actually get the full list of albums and put my ticks in and it went through ( or so it seemed).

When I logged in last night after @Bullet had pointed out that it had gone tits up, I couldn't see your votes. I think that that the form just folded under the weight of a 200 line plus pick list.

Back