• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Hojberg came on and struggled
Davies struggled too
It quickly became a game of who would make the next mistake
The issue with some players is they just can’t play this football At the pace and level needed.
davies has shown he can.

Davies had a poor game, long before PEH & Dier came on.

I don't think this defend against long ball barrage and physical bullying is his thing, that and just an off day maybe.

Good squad player, not a starter

Davies had a poor game, long before PEH & Dier came on.

I don't think this defend against long ball barrage and physical bullying is his thing, that and just an off day maybe.

Good squad player, not a starter
Don’t disagree
He was really struggling from the off
But it doesn’t help having a strarting 11 that actually had so many back up players including ones out of position

Someone posted in the match thread royal is having a great game. That showed to me the level of the game. When your reserve right back, playing left back is key.. the standard of the play has dropped

Don’t disagree
He was really struggling from the off
But it doesn’t help having a strarting 11 that actually had so many back up players including ones out of position

Someone posted in the match thread royal is having a great game. That showed to me the level of the game. When your reserve right back, playing left back is key.. the standard of the play has dropped

Agree, we can carry 1 or 2, but Ange's system really needs our first 11 at this point (work for next windows)

Agree, we can carry 1 or 2, but Ange's system really needs our first 11 at this point (work for next windows)
Yesterday we ended the game with 3 at the back
3 in midfield
That’s a HUGE chunk of back up players that would have a material impact to how we play

Doing so well, would be happy for him to sign a contract extension and be a one-club guy. So reliable.

Added to a list of other things I was wrong about during the summer, I definitely wouldn't have thought he'd have been so comfortable as the left side of a CB pairing.

It's one thing being the LCB in a back three for us under Conte or Wales but a different job entirely in a back two playing a high line. And the guy has come in to his own, to the point where it's not so much of an issue getting a right sided CB in to challenge Romero rather than another left footer coming in. Hopefully people can move past this odd idea that he isn't a CB because he sure as fudge plays like one!

Given that Davies has never been the quickest it's a testament to his reading of the game and intelligence although it does help greatly having a player like Udogie alongside him who is alert to when he's in need of cover. I'd also be happy to see him getting an extension contract wise.

Reactions: jrh
I do agree, Davies ( imo) is vastly underated by some fans.

Solid player and model pro

I wouldn't want him to be first choice but think he is a great squad option, versatile cover, senior pro, contract up in 18 months, could see an extension

Solid player and model pro

I wouldn't want him to be first choice but think he is a great squad option, versatile cover, senior pro, contract up in 18 months, could see an extension

Do not disagree with you, he is a steady player who just gets on with the game and always gives his all. Sadly players like him ( and ALL teams have them) get stick from fans because they just do what they have to without being stand out.

Most teams who have won things over the years have players like Davies in their sides. Good pro.

He has got better as a player. And now married, he's really matured. Still has limitations, but as defenders Davies and Royal are top notch. Their reading of the game, anticipation and tackling are second to few. They are not the tallest or strongest, but sometimes that gives more agilty, and they block a lot of shots. Their passing out isn't a patch on Romero's, but that is true of all of our CBs. As backup they are more than decent.

Was good again tonight. Held his hamstring a bit after chasing back to tackle a player released by Hojbjerg's naive crossfield pass that was intercepted. And Karen Carney said he got injured tonight, but she may be incorrect.

Back