• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

You can’t have cover that is so different in style
Davies has been excellent with Romero but we have had to adapt stylistically
A key though is he gets how we want to play which make a big difference as a squad player
Inclined to agree but would mean two new centre backs needed and new full back alternatives who are similar to Udogie and Porro.

Inclined to agree but would mean two new centre backs needed and new full back alternatives who are similar to Udogie and Porro.
That is ideally what you want though. You don't really want to have to adapt your system too much. Of course there will variations because no two players are exactly alike but you largely want to keep the continuity of system and style of play no matter which player has to play. Ange is doing that anyway so it just makes sense that we bring in suitable players to match his intentions.

Good game. doing a job, thought he struggled in the first few replacing VDV, since then has settled, last two games well done.

Not the long term answer obviously but a squad option until we resolve other priorities

Good game. doing a job, thought he struggled in the first few replacing VDV, since then has settled, last two games well done.

Not the long term answer obviously but a squad option until we resolve other priorities
He's looked more comfortable playing alongside Romero, which does make sense. Emerson as sound as he is, is not a CB in a flat back 4. Romero has leadership and I think that allows Ben to just concentrate on his own performance rather than worrying too much about what others are doing.

First few games he had at CB we were without several first choice players around him too. The entire team struggled.

Long term he's not the answer. But I wouldn't be unhappy with him as the backup LCB going into next season is he keeps up this level of performances. Could probably be upgraded on, but would cost a bit I would guess. And we have several other areas that should be prioritised higher.

Very happy for him. Seems like a proper pro. Keeps getting written off, good to see him get some much deserved praise.

I think SOME of the criticism from some fans have been overstated so imo some of it HAS been unfair over the years. He is a player who will step in and generally does a good job. As you say he is a very good squad option.
depends on whoch fans you are thinkingI think he us a good defender but we need more like porro and udogie to help us to sustain a presence in champions league.

Davies is competent as a defender , but offers little going forward. Imo he has always been good back up and it explains our lacklustre defence in the years before Angeball.

Same assessment for Dier. Both are rather old fashioned defenders that don't do well in teams that need are

Davies has had a couple if good games but I'm concerned about the next few games without Biss and Udogie.

If I were the opposition I'd certainly target and overload Davies side.

Good and cheap servant, we need an upgrade next season. Younger while as competent as Davies would a good trade off for me.

Davies has had a couple if good games but I'm concerned about the next few games without Biss and Udogie.

Good and cheap servant, we need an upgrade next season. Younger while as competent as Davies would a good trade off for me.

So 'competent' but less experienced? Why?

Davies is better than just competent, it's a myth.

depends on whoch fans you are thinkingI think he us a good defender but we need more like porro and udogie to help us to sustain a presence in champions league.

Davies is competent as a defender , but offers little going forward. Imo he has always been good back up and it explains our lacklustre defence in the years before Angeball.

Same assessment for Dier. Both are rather old fashioned defenders that don't do well in teams that need are

I think he's better on the ball than you give him credit for. Important part of our buildup play that's continued to be rather good with him in the team.

Davies is captain of Wales when Ramsey is unavailable (always!) and while he's very much at the latter stage of his career, he is in good physical condition, he's really learned the game and the determination he has to play the Ange system is admirable.

As long as he has first choice players alongside him he will do fine - weaken the right CB and/or LB and he will find it tough.

Udogie only misses one game, thankfully. Wonder if we'll see Davies shifted more to the left and Dier brought in for the Everton game.

He is a very competent LCB, time people gave him credit for that IMO rather than making jibes like "Cheap".

Back