• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Is it fair to judge a young player when he come out of the bench?

But in the other side he is not freezed!!

My opinion is that he lack the confidence he need from MP.

I actually didn't think Davies play too badly yesterday but apparently he failed to make a single tackle, block, interception or header in the whole game, did not put in one successful cross and had a passing accuracy of just 66%:
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...-was-woeful-against-qpr-is-his-time-already/?

What a load of crap written by some tosser,going by his cv hasn't played a proper game of football in his life.....things like this mean absolutely nothing.

What a load of crap written by some tosser,going by his cv hasn't played a proper game of football in his life.....things like this mean absolutely nothing.

The world is full of bloggers who write brick all the time, nothing wrong with that but its the fools who believe what they read that is the trouble.

My opinion is that he lack the confidence he need from MP.

I'm not sure whether it's really a confidence issue. He has been getting quite a bit of game-time. The main problem for me is that Davies is more of an old-school full-back. Yet Pochettino requires his full-backs to almost play like wingers, and yet still have the energy to get back in time to defend. With Walker and Rose this works reasonably well, with Davies... I just don't think he is suited to what Pochettino wants him to do. He is not a bad player, but this inverted wingers stuff with full-backs being required to go on the overlap doesn't seem to be his thing.

The world is full of bloggers who write crud all the time, nothing wrong with that but its the fools who believe what they read that is the trouble.

Can you therefore educate to a poor fool like me so that I can comprehend and elucidate what more enlightened luminaries already understand and therefore make sure I am not taken for a ride by these bloggers who write crud all the time?

Is it "crud" that, against QPR, Davies failed to make a single tackle, block, interception or header and did not put in one successful cross in the whole game and had a passing accuracy of just 66% - which is what the article is claiming?

Can you therefore educate to a poor fool like me so that I can comprehend and elucidate what more enlightened luminaries already understand and therefore make sure I am not taken for a ride by these bloggers who write crud all the time?

Is it "crud" that, against QPR, Davies failed to make a single tackle, block, interception or header and did not put in one successful cross in the whole game and had a passing accuracy of just 66% - which is what the article is claiming?

Well here is another articule from the same source, tell me what you think http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...learances-tottenham-skipper-inspirational-in/

How can I educate someone who says he has watched King in real time play over 300 games for us and never made a mistake..

Well here is another articule from the same source, tell me what you think http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...learances-tottenham-skipper-inspirational-in/

How can I educate someone who says he has watched King in real time play over 300 games for us and never made a mistake..

For the record, I asked you whether you ever saw King do two airkicks in the box , resulting in goals within two consecutive matches. You obviously did not reply, slithering away from the discussion... You do tend to do that I notice: wriggle out of an argument by attempting to bring up irrelevant issues - that's called cognitive dissonance btw, but then being such a fool, I wouldn't know that. would I??.

I don't give a sh*t about the opinion of the blogger. My one and ONLY question to you was:

For the record, I asked you whether you ever saw King do two airkicks in the box , resulting in goals within two consecutive matches. You obviously did not reply, slithering away from the discussion... You do tend to do that I notice: wriggle out of an argument by attempting to bring up irrelevant issues - that's called cognitive dissonance btw, but then being such a fool, I wouldn't know that. would I??.

I don't give a sh*t about the opinion of the blogger. My one and ONLY question to you was:

Yes it is crud, I was at the game ( were you?); as for " but then being such a fool" if the cap fits son wear it with pride as it obviously fits you well. As for King you said you had watched him play in real terms and never seen him make a mistake, seeing as he played in over 300 games I can only assume you are a regular match goer to be able to make that statement.

Seems you know lots about crud apparently.

So, seeing as you were there, how many tackles, blocks, interceptions, headers and successful crosses did he do, then?

Not convinced by Davies yet. He's not bad, but he hasn't been very good either. He is a good prospect, but Rose is far ahead of him atm. Davies is not "brave" enough to make those forward runs.

Nobody wants to adress the elephant int he room.

It looks to me like a bad buy, I don't think he is good enough for spurs . Slow ,no attacking attributes, clumsy.

I just don't see any glimpses of a good player in him, decent yes, but good no ..

To call it the same source because it's posted by the same site is a bit rich.

Different "article" "journalists" for those two "stories". I imagine you're referring to the no doubt in depth editorial work done over at HITC?

I suppose it's journalistic integrity that made the article writer focus only on the stats that made his point. Why else did he ignore the key passes (1) and clearances (6) stats? Perhaps those didn't fit his narrative. But he did find the time to put in that he made 0 successful crosses, but not mentioning that he only attempted 2.

It's the kind of article you would expect from someone with his bio writing for a clickbaiting site.

Nobody wants to adress the elephant int he room.

It looks to me like a bad buy, I don't think he is good enough for spurs . Slow ,no attacking attributes, clumsy.

I just don't see any glimpses of a good player in him, decent yes, but good no ..

You don't see any glimpses of a good player in him? Seriously?

The reason it's not the elephant in the room is that no one else is jumping to this conclusion. He's a young player adapting to us, his performances have ranged from very good to rather shoddy. The QPR game was somewhere in between those. You're essentially writing him off already after less than a season, at 21 years old.

He's probably the full back in our squad that's the most talented on the ball. He's not the quickest, but he's not downright slow either and at worst a decent PL defender, at a young age at that. At his best he's looked very solid, composed and good on the ball with a good cross on him and all round a clever player.

To call it the same source because it's posted by the same site is a bit rich.

Different "article" "journalists" for those two "stories". I imagine you're referring to the no doubt in depth editorial work done over at HITC?

I suppose it's journalistic integrity that made the article writer focus only on the stats that made his point. Why else did he ignore the key passes (1) and clearances (6) stats? Perhaps those didn't fit his narrative. But he did find the time to put in that he made 0 successful crosses, but not mentioning that he only attempted 2.

It's the kind of article you would expect from someone with his bio writing for a clickbaiting site.

My point is that most of these sites are full of misinterpretation and as you say clickbaiting, the problem is some fans believe what they read and treat it as bible. And since when had Jan taken the captains armband. from Hugo? see what I mean.

My point is that most of these sites are full of misinterpretation and as you say clickbaiting, the problem is some fans believe what they read and treat it as bible.

So when did you see the light? Whenever it was, and maybe it was recent, but from what I've seen you have some ways to go in your 'education' of others.

More importantly, and sadly lost in all this, is a new poster half dozen posts above who made a nice post. Hope he sticks around, and that he will learn something from you, and us from him, huh? Meanwhile, I'll go ahead and 'like' him for it right now, since nobody has.

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether it's really a confidence issue. He has been getting quite a bit of game-time. The main problem for me is that Davies is more of an old-school full-back. Yet Pochettino requires his full-backs to almost play like wingers, and yet still have the energy to get back in time to defend. With Walker and Rose this works reasonably well, with Davies... I just don't think he is suited to what Pochettino wants him to do. He is not a bad player, but this inverted wingers stuff with full-backs being required to go on the overlap doesn't seem to be his thing.

A very fair and balanced appraisal. I actually don't think Davies is bad at all. He is probably a more consistent defender, but your analysis is right. Rose suits Poch's needs more, and given that he came from Leeds as a winger before someone converted him to LB, it stands to reason that the shirt is always going to be his rather than Davies' when Poch really wants the job done.

As someone whose seen Davies play since his first game for Swansea and for Wales i think some of the comments of his ability and performance are so wide of a mark its laughable. The lad has played only a few years in the premiership and to get a £10 million move in that period means there is something about him . MP has stated that Davies is his type of player and has a future at the club,he brings something different on what Rose does,perhaps a bit more solidity someone who will defend someone who will keep his shape in the back four.

Don't like knocking players but some people have a blinkered view on Rose who i agree has done well over the last few months but sometimes he is liable to blow up.....over the years, getting sent off up in aston villa which you could say cost us the game ....penalties against liverpool both trying to tackle a player on the wrong side.....the goal against the goons in the fa cup where he tried to nutmeg someone on the halfway line when he was the last man........west ham appealing for offside in the six yard box.....his positional sense sometimes is worrying plus his distribution is hit and miss...

Davies isn't as gun-ho as Rose but he is a defender full stop,his tackle on Bony down in Swansea must be the tackle of the season so far.To get some would be journo who can see has only sat next to his computer most of his life and clearly hasn't kicked a ball on a proper pitch in his life and tosses up some stats shouldn't be given so much attention.

As someone whose seen Davies play since his first game for Swansea and for Wales i think some of the comments of his ability and performance are so wide of a mark its laughable. The lad has played only a few years in the premiership and to get a £10 million move in that period means there is something about him . MP has stated that Davies is his type of player and has a future at the club,he brings something different on what Rose does,perhaps a bit more solidity someone who will defend someone who will keep his shape in the back four.

Don't like knocking players but some people have a blinkered view on Rose who i agree has done well over the last few months but sometimes he is liable to blow up.....over the years, getting sent off up in aston villa which you could say cost us the game ....penalties against liverpool both trying to tackle a player on the wrong side.....the goal against the goons in the fa cup where he tried to nutmeg someone on the halfway line when he was the last man........west ham appealing for offside in the six yard box.....his positional sense sometimes is worrying plus his distribution is hit and miss...

Davies isn't as gun-ho as Rose but he is a defender full stop,his tackle on Bony down in Swansea must be the tackle of the season so far.To get some would be journo who can see has only sat next to his computer most of his life and clearly hasn't kicked a ball on a proper pitch in his life and tosses up some stats shouldn't be given so much attention.

Well said.

Back