• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Are you happy with the Ben Davies Signing?

• Total voters
When Suarez came back after his ban last season Liverpool we second in the table, behind Chelsea on goal difference.

They were also playing some fairly average football. I remember watching them scrape a 1-0 away at Villa, they didn't look like much then and that is how I feel it will be for them at the start of this season until things click into place, hence the prediction of suprise losses.

Has someone not done a chart of how important Suarez's goals were for Pool last season like they did with Bale the season before last?

Telegraph claiming we've had a £10m bid accepted and that Davies has been removed from Swansea's american tour with talks planned with Spurs.

They also claim these developments come in the face of competition from Liverpool who made an £8m bid which was rejected. Apparently Swansea would prefer to sell him to us as they think it will ease negotiations for Sigurdsson.

Apologies if already posted but can someone give a brief summary of Davies' strengths and weaknesses.

Not seen a lot of him, so not sure what to expect really

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is ready to make a second bid for Ben Davies after it emerged Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a £10 million fee with Swansea City.

Rodgers is weighing up an improved offer for the Wales international after his opening £8m bid was rejected in what appears a straight battle between Liverpool and Spurs.

Swansea are understood to have agreed a deal in principle with Spurs for the left-back, who is set to be pulled out of Garry Monk’s squad for the friendly against Chivas Guadalajara in Milwaukee on Wednesday night.

But Davies is aware of Liverpool’s interest and would welcome the opportunity to speak with Rodgers if they match the Spurs bid.

Rodgers has turned to the 21-year-old after experiencing further difficulties in his protracted pursuit of Sevilla’s Alberto Moreno.

Sevilla want around £18m for Moreno and Davies is now Rodgers’s top target for a position that has proven problematic since his appointment.

Swansea are happy to sell Davies to Spurs as they believe it could assist in their bid to re-sign midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson but Liverpool’s growing interest has complicated matters.

Liverpool’s squad have arrived in Denmark ahead of their friendly with Brondby tonight and Rodgers is considering his next move.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10970676/Liverpool-and-Tottenham-battle-to-sign-Swansea-City-defender-Ben-Davies-as-Spurs-agree-10-million-fee.html

Apologies if already posted but can someone give a brief summary of Davies' strengths and weaknesses.

Not seen a lot of him, so not sure what to expect really

I've not seen an awful lot of him, so this is a bit qualified.

Strengths - positioning, concentration, composure, awareness/game-reading, passing

Weaknesses - he's a proper out-and-out FB rather than a wing-back

Basically he's intelligent, defensively-solid, but maybe not that adventurous offensively (though he is competent going forward). I remember Laudrup saying that if he was bigger he'd make a superb CB.

He'll be first choice here, at Pool he'll be competing with Flanagan and Enrique.

We are the better fit for him, allegedly he's also spoken to Bale and Ramsay about life in London.

I like the idea of him bringing solidity to the back line. IIRC it was one of the first things I noticed about Southampton after he took over

I like the idea of him bringing solidity to the back line. IIRC it was one of the first things I noticed about Southampton after he took over

Its what keeps you in games. The weird thing about the City away game, was actually we looked a pretty decent looking outfit going forward. I remember a city fan telling me we looked good on the ball, but every time they attacked they almost scored and then did score, our defence looked crap and then by the time the 3rd and 4th goals went in we kind of just gave up.

If we start keeping ourselves in games against the top sides more by actually defending effectively as a unit, then we have enough dangerous attackers to seriously worry the best teams.

Back