• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Are you happy with the Ben Davies Signing?

• Total voters
Naughton is a solid if not spectacular full back, which sounds pretty much what this Ben Davies is like. Davies might well be better but if Naughton is being used it shouldnt be for more than £5m....

Indeed, that deal would basically make Ben Davies a £14m player :lol:

Indeed, that deal would basically make Ben Davies a £14m player :lol:

Lol yeah, Im not going to pretend Ive seen much of Davies but it sounds like he is just solid which is fine but wouldnt be exchanging him for another solid versatile full back who is still relatively young plus a shed load of cash...

I'm not convinced Davies is a better left back than Naughton is a right back, more or less similar quality
Also think Davies would be just as poor on the right back as Naughton have been on the left

I'm not convinced Davies is a better left back than Naughton is a right back, more or less similar quality
Also think Davies would be just as poor on the right back as Naughton have been on the left

Yeah it has always annoyed me how a lot on here judge Naughton when consistently played out of position. Dont get me wrong he's not on Walker's level but is a decent right back, and to be honest I really dont think he was that bad on the whole at LB either....

I'm sure it's been answered already (forgive me for asking instead for reading 185 posts) but does Davies qualify as "home grown" as far as squad selection is concerned? I know he's not English and he technically spent his under-21 years in a foreign country (as far as FIFA are concerned, I mean) but at the same time, he's been in the "English" championship / premier league.

So if he became our long-term left back (big "IF") would he count towards one of the "8 home grown players" quota?

I'm sure it's been answered already (forgive me for asking instead for reading 185 posts) but does Davies qualify as "home grown" as far as squad selection is concerned? I know he's not English and he technically spent his under-21 years in a foreign country (as far as FIFA are concerned, I mean) but at the same time, he's been in the "English" championship / premier league.

So if he became our long-term left back (big "IF") would he count towards one of the "8 home grown players" quota?

As it's his time in the English league that counts I'm pretty sure it does

- Home-grown players do not have to be English; home-grown players are defined as those who "irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday"

- Home-grown players do not have to be English; home-grown players are defined as those who "irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday"

Many thanks. I suspected it must be something like that because of the footballing relationship between England and Wales (teams based in one country play in the league of another). But I wasn't entirely sure.

Well if you don't try you don't get :)

Smells like bull**** to me though. This is the Premier league, not playground player cards swapsees

I can't believe we'd be in for Vorm now Friedel has signed an extension.

Not unless we know there's some kind of deal in place to sell Lloris next summer and Freidel is pretty much an ambassador/coach/cheerleader and back-up keeper very much second?

Not unless we know there's some kind of deal in place to sell Lloris next summer and Freidel is pretty much an ambassador/coach/cheerleader and back-up keeper very much second?

Vorm's not good enough to be first choice.

I can see any obvious club who'd be in for Lloris either (he's always said he won't go back to France till the end of his career).

Phil McNulty @philmcnulty

RT: @John__Percy #lfc are considering a bid for Swansea left-back Ben Davies after making an inquiry this week. #thfc also remain interested

So now they are looking at Davies and Bony. Guess they wish to even things out by "stealing" our targets.

Liverpool didn't exactly have a quality squad last season. They are doing the same thing as we did in a way, revamping half the team in one go.

Rodgers gone by Christmas and Kevin Keen given an 18 month deal to succeed him then?

Now that would be a good Christmas. Personally I think that without Suarez they will change their shape again and there will be a period at the start of the season where they lose a few unexpected games, but by January they will be fully settled.

Back