• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Belgium

I would be gutted if i was a Belgium supporter, all those class players managed by a second rate coach.

I think the bigger problem is going for a foreign coach who is not that special. If they picked the best avaiable Belgian then there would be less reason for complaint. I think it absurd that national teams aren't restricted to nations for both players and coaching staff, but if you are going to go the route of non-nationals in national roles, then at least pick someone with a record to justify the choice. Whatever you think about Sven and Capello, they were money-grubbing charlatans highly experienced and successful managers.

I was one of them. I thought he did excellent work earlier in his career but has looked continuously out of his depth since.

Agreed. He was a young coach who played attractive football, but had some weaknesses, which you'd hope he would improve on with experience. Instead he has gone backwards.

If you look at the Belgian national 'side' they are product of the now dominance of club over country.

They need a clearout of the apathetic players. To get some meaning and pride back in wearing the shirt.

This has happened throughout European top leagues nations over the past 20 years.

The current managerial setup is compounding the problem, forget the manager who is very average at best! Having Henry as #2 is a sending all the wrong signals to the current celebrity squad.

They need to clear the squad out and the current joke of a management pair.

I think they need some modern full-backs. They have been lucky to have four excellent CBs, but playing all four is hardly the best for the team in recent years. Kompany's aging might be good for them if they have some decent natural full-backs. I say this without knowing who played at full back against Spain.

I think they need some modern full-backs. They have been lucky to have four excellent CBs, but playing all four is hardly the best for the team in recent years. Kompany's aging might be good for them if they have some decent natural full-backs. I say this without knowing who played at full back against Spain.

Google tells me that it was Thomas Meunier, a natural right back, who played at Club Brugge before signing for Lazio in the summer. And Romelu Lukakau's brother Jordan who is a natural left back and played for Oostende before sinning for Lazio this summer.

That might help them going forward. For several years they had Toby and Jan as the full-backs. As much as I like them as players, it does change the way the team plays. That said, with Martinez as manager they might need more dedicated defenders.

Google tells me that it was Thomas Meunier, a natural right back, who played at Club Brugge before signing for Lazio in the summer. And Romelu Lukakau's brother Jordan who is a natural left back and played for Oostende before sinning for Lazio this summer.

GHod help Lazio

I was one of them. I thought he did excellent work earlier in his career but has looked continuously out of his depth since.

He's never been able to organise a defence and has always struggled to find a way to make best use of his squad. At Wigan for a couple of years, I think that he was lucky that he had poor first halves of the season and better second halves. If they were the other way around, he would have been sacked.

I think that in international football, he will probably do alright in qualification but his limitations as a manager will be shown up in a tournament.

nor me, I was adamant about who I wanted, turned out Levy had the same opinion

_71909538_tottenham-timsherwoodafp2.jpg

I didnt think there was a national association more clueless then the FA but there is now

Holland ahead from a penalty committed by Vertonghen.

Hopefully he has now learned his lesson regarding shirt-pulling.

Back