• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Belgium

What a poor choice, they have some cracking players but showed in the Euros no plan or team structure. And now they choose a guy who is probably worse at that then the last manager.

It makes you wonder who/what the guys who run their FA know about football, they have several of the best players around but employ a failed manager to take charge of them. I thought the English FA were poor but these guys take the winners of the out of date board.

That's such a random appointment. They have some great attacking players but just need to be a bit more solid.. so they go for a guy known for attacking football who has no history of solid defences.

So strange

That's such a random appointment. They have some great attacking players but just need to be a bit more solid.. so they go for a guy known for attacking football who has no history of solid defences.

So strange
Just what I was about to write. What they need is someone who can organize them defensively. Going forwards shouldn't be a problem with the players they've got. And in comes Martinez of all people. Mindblowing!

Sent from outer space

what a dreadful appointment, thats clearly someone who's talked himself into a job, Martinez does a lot of summarizer work on espn in the US and he talks utter bollox

Maybe but ( imo) its a daft move, Apart from maybe Germany they have the best squad of players in Europe and it may not come around again.

It won't .. they have already blown a chance or two with this generation, the next world cup is their last chance in likely decades.

Amazingly brick appointment, they needed someone good, not a manager who reflected the worst part of their game (inconsistent and brick defense).

I have gonna put my neck on the line and say this is going to work.

Wilmotts coudl not get the attacking side of the team to fire, that was well known, He said once he could not work a system to get them to play.

I think this is the kind of team Martinez needs

Back