• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Bassong Gone Official ***

Tbf we got £7.5M profit after one season on him.

Still don't like him.

Shame as I want Norwich to do well this season with Chris Hughton in charge.

Although I have called for our squad to be trimmed for sometime, I did so on the basis that we had quality coming in to replace the out going. I am starting to get abit worried now as the fire sale continues and nothing seems to be coming in....papping it now...

In fairness, before the departure of Bassong we had 26 senior players competing for 25 squad slots. I'm not saying we don't need to bring anyone else in (like everyone else, I see the need for at least one new striker, a Modric replacement, maybe a back-up winger, maybe a new GK, etc etc) but our squad is surprisingly large; mostly down to the fact that we have eight senior players (was 9 until Bassong left) who - thanks to injury, being out on loan, or just not getting game time - hardly featured at all for us last year (Gomes, Button, Dawson, Naughton, Huddlestone, Jenas, Bentley, Dos Santos). These players will need to be registered as part of the 25-man squad if they are to play this year, or else we need to get rid of some of them before we can register anyone else.

We have five centre-backs ahead of Bassong in the pecking order; this sale is hardly an issue!

No however when you look as a squad the depatures of Niko, Corluka, Bassong, Pienaar the imminent departure of Modric and the possible sale of Dawson and Huddlestone then yeh I do start to worry a little now

Aaron Lennon @Aaron7Lennon

Wishing my boy @BassongOfficiel all the best top man,,will be missed by everyone,gutted no more afrobeats at the back of the bus haha

Tom Huddlestone @TomHuddlestone6

Good luck to @BassongOfficiel on his move to Norwich, @YounsKabs4 will be lost without you haha

A big 'where were you' moment. First we had the shooting of JFK, the moon landings, Diana's death and 9/11. Now it's Seb Bassong moving to Norwich City.

I'm not sad to see him go but he never realised his true potential at this club. For what we bought him for, Harry used him sparingly after 09/10 and effectively sealed his fate at the club (along with Niko Kranjcar - Gio still has another shot). He had a fantastic athletic ability, and did have reasonable control of the ball for a centre half. In that 09/10 season, he looked like a better prospect than Kaboul - and look how the two have ended up!

It goes to show that rotation of a squad (to a reasonable level), can ensure that certain players grow into seasoned pros. I hope Caulker gets given his chance, as he could be a big asset for our club.

Good luck to Seb, hope he doesn't get suspended too much at Norwich.

Good luck Bassong - promised much when he first joined, but unfortunately don't think he's quite of the standard that we require. Sure he'll do well at a lower mid table premiership club

Best mate is heavily involved with norwich, and text me a few mins ago absolutly delighted with signing bassong, and recksons he can help them stay in the premier league, mentioned the fee was about 6.7m including add-ons and thinks its an absolute steal for norwich (guessing add-ons are their premier league survival etc). I think thats reasonable business all round to be honest, always liked bassong but just over 6mil for a backup defender seems good business, providing we put the funds to good use.

Good luck at Norwich!

Will always remember your games for us during our 2009/2010 season in which we finished fourth for the first time in the Premier League. Performance against Liverpool and Chelsea are key highlights as well as other solid games at the back for us.

Had some fond memories of his first season with us he was quality, shame he didn't really push on from there but wish him the best seems a good lad

I'm just glad I don't have to read any more 'is Bassong suspended' jokes. They weren't funny.

Bassong is a good player with concentration issues. Playing every week will help but I think he needs an omega 3 drip or something to keep him focused for the 90 mins. Nipple electrodes?

I think he was a popular player among his peers. Good luck to him.

Back