• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Barbecue thread

I don’t understand why you people work hard to buy houses with kitchens which are fully equipped with fridges and grills and ovens and hobs and conveniently proximal sinks, but as soon as it becomes unpleasantly warm outside you spurn this optimal cooking environment and instead burn chunks of meat on unpredictable embers, like itinerants preparing roadkill squirrel on their campfires, the horror worsened by sickly sauces and damp salads and clammy bread buns. And inadequate seating. And wasps. And jollity.
Agreed. Meatheads gonna meathead.

I don’t understand why you people work hard to buy houses with kitchens which are fully equipped with fridges and grills and ovens and hobs and conveniently proximal sinks, but as soon as it becomes unpleasantly warm outside you spurn this optimal cooking environment and instead burn chunks of meat on unpredictable embers, like itinerants preparing roadkill squirrel on their campfires, the horror worsened by sickly sauces and damp salads and clammy bread buns. And inadequate seating. And wasps. And jollity.
Wasps, I'm in Scotland its cold and wet in july, wasps aren't an issue. Same with salad btw, not big in Scotland.
Jollity, I'm spurs fan, jollity is, at best, a fleeting experience.
Last weekend i did a full brisket, a leg of lamb and a hawaiian ham so hardly squirrel.
Like most things done with a little preparation and some knowledge you can have excellent results.

Looks nice. How did you cook that?
Aussie heat bead briquettes, a ring around the bottom outside edge, a double row around the bottom and a single row on top, light at one end. minnion or snake method is the technical term, cook on about 200/225 f for 12 hours.
Some apple wood chips for smoking, a light rub of salt, pepper, smoked paprika and cummin.
Its fairly easy if you use briquettes, charcoal is too unpredictable a burn for such a long cook.
That was 5.5kg btw.

You can if you want, i don't mind, I'm happy to talk about it, in seriousness or humour.

I might need your services after I’ve done my cooking this weekend. lol.

I’m just gonna order some ready made things and get the ball rolling. I can’t ever imagine doing anything as superbly as you did - I can just about do a roasting joint in the oven.

Aussie heat bead briquettes, a ring around the bottom outside edge, a double row around the bottom and a single row on top, light at one end. minnion or snake method is the technical term, cook on about 200/225 f for 12 hours.
Some apple wood chips for smoking, a light rub of salt, pepper, smoked paprika and cummin.
Its fairly easy if you use briquettes, charcoal is too unpredictable a burn for such a long cook.
That was 5.5kg btw.
Thank you very much.

I might need your services after I’ve done my cooking this weekend. lol.

I’m just gonna order some ready made things and get the ball rolling. I can’t ever imagine doing anything as superbly as you did - I can just about do a roasting joint in the oven.

Cooking is a bit of a hobby for me, i love cooking and entertaining.
Bbq is tricky if you are working to a schedule, give yourself plenty of time and don't have the heat to high and know the difference between direct and indirect cooking.
Good luck and enjoy your bbq.

Cooking is a bit of a hobby for me, i love cooking and entertaining.
Bbq is tricky if you are working to a schedule, give yourself plenty of time and don't have the heat to high and know the difference between direct and indirect cooking.
Good luck and enjoy your bbq.
Direct vs indirect was the one BIG thing I learned … and im no expert but it’s so key

Back