• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Barbecue thread

If you want something that lasts, and something with tons of different accessories, buy a Weber. Not only are they great quality, but you know you can get parts for it, if anything needs to be replaced. I've had mine for years out on the porch in very harsh Norwegian weather. I've got a cover for it, but still. It's buried in snow in the winter. Still looks good and works flawlessly every time. They're not the cheapest, but quality doesn't come cheap.

If you want something that lasts, and something with tons of different accessories, buy a Weber. Not only are they great quality, but you know you can get parts for it, if anything needs to be replaced. I've had mine for years out on the porch in very harsh Norwegian weather. I've got a cover for it, but still. It's buried in snow in the winter. Still looks good and works flawlessly every time. They're not the cheapest, but quality doesn't come cheap.

I've got a Weber too, it is brilliant and I'd recommend them to anyone but cooking over gas is not BBQ

Anyone ever used a smoker? I've always fancied one of those but never got around to getting one.
Yes, I have a smoker and it works great. Still not quite the same taste as with coal, but it definitely adds a smoky bbq taste. Canadian hickory works best.

I've got a Weber too, it is brilliant and I'd recommend them to anyone but cooking over gas is not BBQ

I thought of you the other night, nothing unusual in that I hear you say. But I was in the worlds end pub in London road Brighton the other day, they are now doing a loyalty card on sussex craft beers for every 6 stamps you get a free ale. The barbecue in their is not as good as it used to be and they are now serving ketchup when they only ever used to give their own sauce.

Nice one buddy I will look into it

I thought of you the other night, nothing unusual in that I hear you say. But I was in the worlds end pub in London road Brighton the other day, they are now doing a loyalty card on sussex craft beers for every 6 stamps you get a free ale. The barbecue in their is not as good as it used to be and they are now serving ketchup when they only ever used to give their own sauce.

I haven't been in there for a couple of years. Their barbecue used to be one of the best around.

For the uneducated (not me of course ;)) how does the smoker work?

Have a look here.
http://www.macsbbq.com
I got a Frontier Elite for Christmas, its like a Weber Bullet Smoker but cheaper. Good quality and can be used like a normal bbq as well.
Looks like this
sr4VEe5miTbgm01QjyRBIkP-QRP3Xf_hhAzSR6oJ2k0pYN1vv10OpseJF4bl_6NuQ2BE0iEH9kZ73qg1o5xG7xhRZRMpN6quUSD0DS8TJtybcOdIXukX5qkYzAAiHIyEkz883mTP5AKRajvl8ULP8-ixtSX_oVzmZxKs4B227yv8PfWAzpdfBLyjmAwsbjW6LVnRe0AF-byDnn6PGmop1MeKuEevP6zPMWmVA486kQvkxAg8q8Z2GC9_lUZNG7WSJuVnDGFBD1wlMh7wCTRSA3hFdhxPIg_zNPKfyH2GHm1aje3y_kK-j51WIgClelkKI1fFiH2l3quSAc-1_ZrWnpMh7leM-lmjnv4yfV8Kj-FyPyOLoYni5RARGzk2a43O9yZ2q28SXJqMlwcrtwmzphb2BbamHWyuUbD0S9iVcmDw6RahE1trCIztQrSro1eh9-7WTL8rsbes0mDpd-2S0rXJnJ1-5rfAaFtlakJoqcaXkz8hgf_lqMneRetiCXdm1Xzh5JZgw7f2PqfozMN8O0t7WMD6oLgjbrgzGMjhJ4N1vBmAanKlpY543NLZg6PeeQ04wljszs9mtrtCjMTG8osaQwyKVwB-=w1623-h913-no

And after a long wait makes this
WpqmC96el-CN150d2zybdrK9ItPc97Tz1SNePvyVzLZvBq51agCmdTvCfDekxcaEtxRR13blAhl8KgjFEoy5Yk1DDtBUNKLYM0EaLcCp5TRmLHWpXPEjgoCa8BZMFtPTGoZvWZKMlZ5E4ZumW1pxvLSl0NOqupXgt4VGmffPTs3QG3c1il-twoSN-BJ3UwJ8PsFtgfLHt7FZRua0K8RHe-fBKpIHW7pOBLjCzhrWSK-HQKr7FJZGd4CMDPugh9zxnOADwLEcdfarzVOTJGqgcRdfDYvfmC-vSSx8aZMdI9dcYYts4AINzOjVJVcIWbdCUg7t2yKptlce6_LNHyN_QvYsvyGEbPuhOrlwY_Ke8r0SzBuZ8UoaOBT4kPzcp9yNaj23TY7LC6BAp7KkbZR6s59DkzTweHhuiB2faQKikrcPRwfX_xo8sumGHT-Wxvb72-o5cgEZ3HLrN-UrKoUv_XvDO-4nKvTybg8I6YrQgZ8ddMwDxWMdoX69piExx-n7wqXor-NZjF9XRXwI1qtBmC4-WV_IGG20kdPE5tam2iIQDXv0yFbKuTt0mmX436ZClPKtzXKkZ9mW_KuYPxekYCrow5-6wqyC=w1623-h913-no

I don’t understand why you people work hard to buy houses with kitchens which are fully equipped with fridges and grills and ovens and hobs and conveniently proximal sinks, but as soon as it becomes unpleasantly warm outside you spurn this optimal cooking environment and instead burn chunks of meat on unpredictable embers, like itinerants preparing roadkill squirrel on their campfires, the horror worsened by sickly sauces and damp salads and clammy bread buns. And inadequate seating. And wasps. And jollity.

I don’t understand why you people work hard to buy houses with kitchens which are fully equipped with fridges and grills and ovens and hobs and conveniently proximal sinks, but as soon as it becomes unpleasantly warm outside you spurn this optimal cooking environment and instead burn chunks of meat on unpredictable embers, like itinerants preparing roadkill squirrel on their campfires, the horror worsened by sickly sauces and damp salads and clammy bread buns. And inadequate seating. And wasps. And jollity.

Totally agree. I like being able to sit around a fire, which our BBQ becomes once used (firepit). But cooking itself is that much more controlled using the grill in the kitchen oven. Still, smoking and using wood to flavor meat does intrigue.

Haha you must have been to some bad BBQs

Back