• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ballon d'Or

I’m fine with Messi winning the award as there’s no conceivable scenario that you can imagine Argentina winning that World Cup without him. Emirates Marketing Project didn’t have one player in particular that carried them, they are littered with world class players. But winning treble is a phenomenal achievement so would have had no issue with Haaland or De Bruyne winning it, or even Gundogan. There wasn’t any standout players this year IMO that absolutely hands down deserved it. I accept Haaland scored lots of goals but as others have said, has he actually improved them beyond making them more clinical?

They won everything with fairly little bother so yes he improved them.

Less points and less goals in PL than the year before. He contributed nothing in the final or semi-final of either the CL or FA Cup. So it wasn't down to him that they won them.

They won everything (bar the CL) many times over before Haaland arrived, including a domestic treble. And it wasn’t a lack of firepower that stopped them winning the CL in previous seasons. De Bruyne, Rodri and Gundogan were the ones who scored the crucial match winning goals in the semis and finals.

So… are you saying Pep made a mistake replacing Gabriel Jesus with Haaland?

I’m not saying you are definitely wrong, but I doubt Pep feels that way.

So… are you saying Pep made a mistake replacing Gabriel Jesus with Haaland?

I’m not saying you are definitely wrong, but I doubt Pep feels that way.
Was it a mistake to replace Dier with VdV? Neither question has a bearing on whether Haaland deserved to win the Ballon d'or

Was it a mistake to replace Dier with VdV? Neither question has a bearing on whether Haaland deserved to win the Ballon d'or

He said City were no better with Haaland.

Also, we didn’t replace Dier with VdV, we replaced Sanchez.

They are. As evidenced by them winning everything and also being crowned team of the year.
They didn't perform as well in the league. They've consistently won either the league cup or FA cup. They've also consistently got to the later stages of the CL and been unlucky several times to get knocked out when they were clearly the better team. This year Haaland made no difference to any of that. He didn't perform in the semi's or finals of any competition. If he had made the difference at that stage then you have an argument that he made them better but he didn't.

They didn't perform as well in the league. They've consistently won either the league cup or FA cup. They've also consistently got to the later stages of the CL and been unlucky several times to get knocked out when they were clearly the better team. This year Haaland made no difference to any of that. He didn't perform in the semi's or finals of any competition. If he had made the difference at that stage then you have an argument that he made them better but he didn't.

So let me get this right. Haaland’s individual performances let Emirates Marketing Project down. And that they won three competitions in short order despite and not because of him.

How did he come by 52 goals exactly?

So let me get this right. Haaland’s individual performances let Emirates Marketing Project down. And that they won three competitions in short order despite and not because of him.

How did he come by 52 goals exactly?
Maybe read what is being said. He didn’t let them down, but he didn’t take them to another level.

He came by 52 goals because he is a great goalscorer, not a great footballer, that plays for the best team in the world that create loads of chances, more than any other team.

I would prefer Kane in the team than Haaland. Kane is showing what he can do if he plays for the dominant team in a league and his numbers exceed what Haaland did. Kane has a much better all round game. And last season his goals for the boring negative club that we were was incredible. Especially when he didn’t have a mid season break unlike Haaland.

Maybe read what is being said. He didn’t let them down, but he didn’t take them to another level.

He came by 52 goals because he is a great goalscorer, not a great footballer, that plays for the best team in the world that create loads of chances, more than any other team.

So they created more chances for him than they did for Gabriel Jesus. Sounds like they were a better side to me.

I would prefer Kane in the team than Haaland. Kane is showing what he can do if he plays for the dominant team in a league and his numbers exceed what Haaland did. Kane has a much better all round game. And last season his goals for the boring negative club that we were was incredible. Especially when he didn’t have a mid season break unlike Haaland.
So would Pep. He only bought Haaland after he failed to get Kane.

Back