• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

I don't feel sorry for bale not one iota ... he used his position and stature to get his dream move when he wanted. Now real don't want him he has to deal with it.

I'm not bitter about him leaving I actually praise his success but real have given him the chance to win titles etc and now don't need/ want him.

His agent should pipe up and realise life can't always be one way.

I don't feel sorry for bale not one iota ... he used his position and stature to get his dream move when he wanted. Now real don't want him he has to deal with it.

I'm not bitter about him leaving I actually praise his success but real have given him the chance to win titles etc and now don't need/ want him.

This.

The bottom line is that none of us knows what Bale wants out of the next few years.

If he's been worn down by Madrid and wants an easy life with a fudgeload of cash, he'll go to China and work on his golf swing.

If he still has any desire to play competitive football, the choices look like us and Bayern. As to which, well, that depends on the accountants and of course Levy. It'd mean a pay cut and/or something creative to get him off Madrid's books.

One of the things that characterised Bale as a footballer was desire. Once he stopped worrying about his hair, at least. If he can rekindle that, he'd be an asset wherever he goes. If (and it's a big if) he can win us trophies over the next two years, even £200k/week would be money well spent.

Yeah his agent is a prick and should learn when to shut up. Acting like the whole world is against him and his client all the time gets a bit grating.

Football is a ruthless business. Clubs will get rid of you the moment you are of no further use to them and players will go on strike, not turn up to training etc to force a move. Fans will also want shot of a player when he’s deemed not good enough. I get the appeal of playing for Real Madrid as you will almost certainly win and compete for the major honours in the game but does anyone truly enjoying playing for them and for their fans? The winning must be great but their fans are by far the most spoilt, entitled, unprofessional bunch of crybabies that it must be hard to build up any kind of rapport with them. Look at clubs like Barca, Dortmund, Bayern, us and dare I say it Liverpool, it’s clear most players who play for those clubs feel a connection with the fans. There’s no unity whatsoever at clubs like Real Madrid.

This.

The bottom line is that none of us knows what Bale wants out of the next few years.

If he's been worn down by Madrid and wants an easy life with a fudgeload of cash, he'll go to China and work on his golf swing.

If he still has any desire to play competitive football, the choices look like us and Bayern. As to which, well, that depends on the accountants and of course Levy. It'd mean a pay cut and/or something creative to get him off Madrid's books.

One of the things that characterised Bale as a footballer was desire. Once he stopped worrying about his hair, at least. If he can rekindle that, he'd be an asset wherever he goes. If (and it's a big if) he can win us trophies over the next two years, even £200k/week would be money well spent.

The only sympathy I would have is if his agent has taken control of his career decisions. We might never know but the last couple of years Madrid have openly wanted rid of him and he has only seemed happy in a Wales shirt. He doesn’t strike me as someone who would relish the adoration he would get in China and it’s been widely reported he hasn’t learned Spanish so he’s going to moving to an even smaller bubble.

The thing with his hair I always thought was down to him trying to cover his ears, you will see a direct correlation with his improvement once they got pinned.

He is currently on £350k a week after tax. £18.2m a year. I'm sure he's getting a fortune in endorsements too.
The China offer is £1m a week. The tax rate is supposed to be 45%. That would put him on £550k. £28.6m a year. He'd probably lose out in future endorsements playing in a backwater.

Is a 63% pay rise enough to live in a dictatorship and raise your family there. And watch your career end and your status drop.

I can't see it happening.
The Chinese offer is tax free. He could stand to make £150-200 million over 3-4 years (depending on what length contract he signs). Compared to £55-75 million. That is a huge difference. Let's not forget he has already won everything that is possible to win as a player so that means he can now focus on maximizing his earnings while he can. Any sane person would do that. I would rather retire with £150 million in the bank as opposed to £60 million, for example. Especially if I retire at 35 and have a good 50 years to live ahead of me.

The Chinese offer is tax free. He could stand to make £150-200 million over 3-4 years (depending on what length contract he signs). Compared to £55-75 million. That is a huge difference. Let's not forget he has already won everything that is possible to win as a player so that means he can now focus on maximizing his earnings while he can. Any sane person would do that. I would rather retire with £150 million in the bank as opposed to £60 million, for example. Especially if I retire at 35 and have a good 50 years to live ahead of me.

I was surprised at how few major trophies he's actually won at RM. 1 League title, 1 Spanish Cup and 4 CLs (started 2 and 2 sub appearances including super sub against Liverpool).

Yeah, you'd probably struggle to get by with 60 mill in savings. :p just kidding. I probably would do too.

I don't get what Zidane has against him, why does he want him out so much? I can understand might want to go down a different way of playing but seems to really have it in for him when Bale hasn't really done anything wrong.

I don't get what Zidane has against him, why does he want him out so much? I can understand might want to go down a different way of playing but seems to really have it in for him when Bale hasn't really done anything wrong.

My guess is because Bale can be a bit of a prima dona and isn't a team player at Madrid. Plus his wages, and maybe losing some pace too? Possibly but I think its the team ethic thing. Which should make him unsuited to Poch too, and on paper he probably isn't a natural fit. But the two could work for each other. Bale can win games. Against chelsea or pool in a cup final, who would you prefer over Bale? He scores goals and we need more of them. He also likes the big occasion games. Bale has one last big move, imagine winning the PL with us. Poch can get him in shape and focused if Bale is game, and Poch has the potential to listen to Bale's prima dona needs regarding this body etc. Remember Rednap saying Bale needed to man up. He's a delicate Welsh giant.

Still a highly unlikley signing though.

Last edited:
I’m a little biased as what I’ve seen of Bale interviews make me think that he’s not a primadonna, perhaps Zidane thinks of him as a limited footballer for the wages he’s on and with Bale being stubborn about moving he feels he has to force the issue. I did think that could have been the issue with Janssen post him not going on loan to Brighton, although if he’d scored an overhead kick in the CL final I think Poch would have forgiven him!

My guess is because Bale can be a bit of a prima dona and isn't a team player at Madrid. Plus his wages, and maybe losing some pace too? Possibly but I think its the team ethic thing. Which should make him unsuited to Poch too, and on paper he probably isn't a natural fit. But the two could work for each other. Bale can win games. Against chelsea or pool in a cup final, who would you prefer over Bale? He scores goals and we need more of them. He also likes the big occasion games. Bale has one last big move, imagine winning the PL with us. Poch can get him in shape and focused if Bale is game, and Poch has the potential to listen to Bale's prima dona needs regarding this body etc. Remember Rednap saying Bale needed to man up. He's a delicate Welsh giant.

Still a highly unlikley signing though.

Is there any evidence of him being a prima dona?

Madrid haven’t put him in a position to use his pace for years, he’s probably still the fastest forward they have though.

Bale isn’t the same athlete that Harry had, Madrid rebuilt him in a matter of weeks.*

Whatever Zidane’s issue is it’s personal imo.

*There is one other option that springs to mind, there is a culture of preparation in Spanish sport (well, sport generally sadly) which Bale may have decided to stop taking part in, maybe when ZZ says he’s not a team player, it’s because he won’t get with “the programme”.

Back