• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

He was due to be sacked if Liverpool had beaten them, so maybe it's a loyalty applies both ways decision

Exactly. He was 'sacked' but with dignity. Perez gave him a goodby payment, and said you can walk rather than be pushed. Bale to stay. Called Zidane going and Bale staying 10 pages back.

Really surprised he has done that, has there been any reason offered?

I'm not that surprised. Yes they won the CL but the season in the league has been difficult for him. Some very strange results and performances, fans booing, he said himself in the press conference that after 3 years he feels the players need a change of voice in the dressing room

He feels he has taken this side as far as he can and probably doesn't want the hassle of overhauling the team

Fair fudges to him. Perfect time to leave after winning 3 CL on the bounce and is looking at a bit of rebuilding job with RM.
Maybe he fancies a crack at the France job.

Last edited:
Management is such a high pressure job nowadays I think we’ll see more of this type of thing. Guardiola took a year out. AVB is now racing cars. Just reading Brave New World at the moment and amazed at the amount of time Poch gives over to talking about how tired he is - he talks about walking away to his farm in Argentina at some point.

Bale staying or leaving still really depends on whether it was Zidane not picking him for footballing reasons or Perez wanting him pushed out so they can recoup some money for the clear rebuilding job. I'm sure Bale already knows which one applies, but the planned meeting with his representatives will confirm this.

Personally I think Real decided a while ago that Bale as a overall package didn't deliver what they had hoped, but his insistence in staying has made his eventual departure drag out over a couple of windows. The club has never really gone out of it's way to protect Bale like they have with Ronaldo, Benzema, Ramos etc, he's always looked to me like an outsider. I'd still wager he'll leave this summer.

But they have given him a massive new deal a year or 2 back which made him I believe the highest paid player in the world at the time so they must see something in him.

Bale will stay now, not many managers would choose not to pick him. Sessegnon another who is likely to stay due to Fulham's promotion.

So that's two potential targets who are likely to be saying put. Not a great start although I didn't think we had a chance with Bale anyway.

Yeah, I reckon that's rung the death knell for Bale moving away from Real. He may be simian but he's no chump -- he's bound to realise that, with a new manager, he'll get plenty of game time.

That's a good thing for us though. Better no Bale in the Prem than him going to United.

Fair fudges to him. Perfect time to leave after winning 3 CL on the bounce and is looking at a bit of rebuilding job with RM.
Maybe he fancies a crack at the France job.

Agree …

Ugly job ahead at RM, Ronaldo has to be transitioned out, quite a few of the squad aging, some unpopular decisions need to be made.

I'd agree with other posters, Bale will stay now, I'd expect another top level striker coming in to Madrid (Salah please) plus others ...

Is
Agree …

Ugly job ahead at RM, Ronaldo has to be transitioned out, quite a few of the squad aging, some unpopular decisions need to be made.

I'd agree with other posters, Bale will stay now, I'd expect another top level striker coming in to Madrid (Salah please) plus others ...

Is Ronaldo definitely leaving Madrid.
If he,s still lurking around I,d be off if I was Bale.
Don't, give up hope yet!

Back