• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Balding

So is it really true that you will go bald if grandfather on your mother's side was bald as I've been told?Luckily no one that I know of in my family has ever gone bald. I've got thick hair so I doubt that I will lose my hair anytime soon.

This is an old wives tail... both my grandfathers had plenty of hair 'til the day they died.... my Dad is a slap head, and so am I... have not had much since the age of 25. Get over it... shave it to a number 2, and worry about important things in life. Some women like a baldie, some don't.... I really don't think it has that much impact on your overall success in life to be honest, and I don't think it is something that in the long term you can 'fix'. Plenty of more important things in life to worry about than whether you're balding or not

This is an old wives tail... both my grandfathers had plenty of hair 'til the day they died.... my Dad is a slap head, and so am I... have not had much since the age of 25. Get over it... shave it to a number 2, and worry about important things in life. Some women like a baldie, some don't.... I really don't think it has that much impact on your overall success in life to be honest, and I don't think it is something that in the long term you can 'fix'. Plenty of more important things in life to worry about than whether you're balding or not

That's just bald talk ;)

You should listen to what Larry David has to say on being bald. You're not bald if you shave your head or wear a hat. You must wear a horseshoe or you're not getting any sympathy.

"Somebody asked me recently what it is I'm most proud of. 'That's
easy,' I beamed. 'It would be the way I've adjusted to baldness.' I'm
a bald man who is way out there. No toupees, no hats, no beards. Just
totally unvarnished, unabashed bald. One of an ever-increasing
minority of bald men who have chosen to do nothing.

"When true bald men meet, they have an immediate connection. Bald men
love other bald men. There's a bonding that takes place on some deep
level that you never get with anyone else. We've been through it. We
live with it. We've read the surveys -- the ones in which 75 percent
of women say they would not date a bald man. Think of it. That's why,
when a bald guy gets the girl, we know we've got a woman of substance.
Which is not to say that the typical bald man has any substance. The
average bald man, for example, has the same superficial standards for
women as the guy with hair. That's why we have to have a little more
going for us than the hair man. We have to dress a little better, make
a little more money, and have a little more charm just to compete. And
we do. Have a conversation with a bald man sometime. Go ahead. Do
yourself a favor. Tell me you don't walk away impressed. That your
day was not made a little richer by virtue of the fact that you were in
Bald's presence."

"But the bald man who doesn't make the effort to compensate for his
baldness is in trouble. The last thing the bald man needs is to get
lazy. A lazy bald man is done. Show me a lazy bald man, and I'll show
you a miserable bald man. The lazy bald man who needs a shave and goes
out in sweatpants and a T-shirt might as well hang it up. That's not
how we compete in the hair world. I say to the lazy bald man that he's
making it harder for the rest of us.

"The bearded bald man annoys me. That's not a proud bald man. That's
a bald guy who's trying to enhance. He wants to deflect attention away
from the head to the chin. It's subtle, but the message is the same:
I'm bald and I don't like it. Most of my contempt, however, is
reserved for the bald men who wear the cap. They must be kidding.
They walk around with their baseball caps on, hair sticking out in the
back, and, yes, they look good. People are always telling bald men how
good they look in hats. Of course they do. Why wouldn't they? But
what happens when they take that cap off? Have you ever seen the looks
on people's faces when the bald man takes the cap off? They're
dumbfounded. And the cap will come off. That's a given. Say you meet
a woman in the park with your hat on. You walk her home. You call her
up for a date -- now what, bald man? Are going to wear the hat on the
date? What do you intend to do? You've got a dilemma. You made your
first mistake by going out with the hat. You think she's going to like
it when you show up at her door with your chrome? What she's going to
be is disappointed that you misrepresented yourself. You've tried to
come off as a hair guy. You've lied, bald man."

"There's a new bald man in our midst. He's chosen to shave the little
hair that he has down to a little stubble, a style last employed by
Nazi barbers. Others shave it off -- the theory being that no hair is
better than some hair. Again, more tricks, more gimmicks.

"But neither hats nor beards hold a candle to toupees. How could
anyone have respect for bald men if they go to such ridiculous lengths?
That's why hair guys are so condescending toward us. We're jokes to
them. We're not taken seriously. If a hair guy has a girlfriend, he's
not threatened by a bald man. He doesn't mind if his girlfriend has a
platonic bald man in her life. He's not worried. 'Come on in, bald
man, make yourself at home.' Nothing ever gave me more pleasure than
the time I took a woman away from a hair guy. 'How did he do it? I
didn't think...' Yeah, while you were taking me for granted, hair man,
I was platonicking my way right past you. You won't make that mistake
again. He thought it was O.K. for me to be up in the apartment,
hanging out, watching T.V. -- with him right there! Can you believe
the temerity?! Can you imagine a bald man letting his girlfriend have
a platonic relationship with a Hair? Wouldn't, couldn't happen. They
don't get near Hair. And alone with Hair? Never.

"I do have a theory (I admit its self-serving) that the bald man is the
better lover. First, you have the appreciation factor. The bald man
is so thrilled to actually be in bed with a woman that he'll do
anything and everything, and all with tremendous gusto. And, of
course, there's the testosterone. We've got it in spades. That's why
we went bald in the first place."

That's just bald talk ;)

You should listen to what Larry David has to say on being bald. You're not bald if you shave your head or wear a hat. You must wear a horseshoe or you're not getting any sympathy."

I do.... and very well! ;)

and I'm not looking for sympathy either!

You're 35 and you're actually still worrying about going bald? dear me man accept it and move on.

Says someone who isn't going bald!!

It's a big thing for alot of blokes.

I have a thick head of heair but I'm quite grey already at 34.......I'm not best pleased but the ladies seem to like it, (including the wife!!) so I'm fine with it too.

Unlike being overweight etc it's something you have zero control over and so men who go bald young have my sympathy.

That said, Regaine DOES work and other treatments are being developed all the time....in 5 years time being bald will be a choice.

I dont agree that you should just accept you are balding.. Some guys look good with it and some dont. It may be vain to try and keep your hair but if you dont feel good about the way you look then it can get people down. Life is about enjoyment and feeling good about yourself. We live in a very image driven world and i do think looks, hair, etc etc will help you in life with career, women etc etc. Its unfortunate but that's what its like now in my opinion.

I think ages ago i gave someone my contact for Proscar which is the same as the better known propecia. So if anyone wants the contact PM me. He is a Doctor so its nothing dodgy. I have used proscar for about 6 years and have had no side effects. Although i didnt really grow any hair back i have managed to stabilise further loss.

Its a oral pill that helps keep DHT away. DHT is what we have in our bodies that causes hair loss. People who lose their hair have to much of it in their bodies.

The only thing that will work for you officially is

Proscar
Regain
Hair Transplant

Another fantastic product is Nanogen. Its a cover up. If you have a bald spot or thin patch you sprinkle these fibres on and it gives the illusion that you have got hair there. it just washes out in the shower.

I wouldn't waste your time of Regain as once you use it you can NEVER stop. If you do.. anything u have gained will fall out.

The only permanent option is Hair Transplants.. They have come along way and look totally natural. Although Rooney had a very good result its best to stay clear of UK clinics. Travel to America and you will find the best Doctors.

Last edited:
Says someone who isn't going bald!!

It's a big thing for alot of blokes.

I have a thick head of heair but I'm quite grey already at 34.......I'm not best pleased but the ladies seem to like it, (including the wife!!) so I'm fine with it too.

Unlike being overweight etc it's something you have zero control over and so men who go bald young have my sympathy.

That said, Regaine DOES work and other treatments are being developed all the time....in 5 years time being bald will be a choice.

but i'm bald though? it doesn't matter if it's by choice or if it was naturally. When people see me and another dude that has lost his hair naturally they're not gonna differentiate are they? we'd both be in the same category.

People can tell you've shaved the hair, and you are CHOOSING to go bald.....like loads of black lads!

It looks better on a brother for sure!

Samuel L Jackson with hair looks weird!

Yeh you're right tbh. Only in bright light can you really tell it's shaved (there's no way you can actually shave your head clean bald without it looking slightly darker then your skin tone if you have hair). Ok yeh your point is valid.

Yeh you're right tbh. Only in bright light can you really tell it's shaved (there's no way you can actually shave your head clean bald without it looking slightly darker then your skin tone if you have hair). Ok yeh your point is valid.

I like you a lot as you know so do not take this the wrong way. But black people look fudging cool bald you lot also have good skin as a rule and dont show your age to much. If i was black it would not bother me going bald, do you wear sun cream on your head in the summer?

I cycled yesterday only about 1hour and a half and i could not wear a cap because i was going to fast and it fell off, i came home and the was some redness on top of the head. Bald people must get through a lot of suncream.

I like you a lot as you know so do not take this the wrong way. But black people look fudging cool bald you lot also have good skin as a rule and dont show your age to much. If i was black it would not bother me going bald, do you wear sun cream on your head in the summer?

I cycled yesterday only about 1hour and a half and i could not wear a cap because i was going to fast and it fell off, i came home and the was some redness on top of the head. Bald people must get through a lot of suncream.

pfft being black and going bald by choice is a total waste !

jerry curls, high top, afro, corn rows - would love to be able to pull off some of those bad boys

(no offense intended btw)

I've had a high top before, i've had an afro, i've had corn rows and besides corn rows i prefer skinhead (and corn rows are difficult to maintain so i'd still pick baldie over that). Then again i'm older now so i guess there's an era for everything.

Chich i don't put anything on my head. The sun makes my skin go darker but i don't suffer from sunburn.

I decided to shave my hair even though I was not going bald. In fact i had the opposite problem my hear grew too quickly for my liking

Now people cannot even remember when I had hair. And everybody seem to agree it suits me.

I dont agree that you should just accept you are balding.. Some guys look good with it and some dont. It may be vain to try and keep your hair but if you dont feel good about the way you look then it can get people down. Life is about enjoyment and feeling good about yourself. We live in a very image driven world and i do think looks, hair, etc etc will help you in life with career, women etc etc. Its unfortunate but that's what its like now in my opinion.

I think ages ago i gave someone my contact for Proscar which is the same as the better known propecia. So if anyone wants the contact PM me. He is a Doctor so its nothing dodgy. I have used proscar for about 6 years and have had no side effects. Although i didnt really grow any hair back i have managed to stabilise further loss.

Its a oral pill that helps keep DHT away. DHT is what we have in our bodies that causes hair loss. People who lose their hair have to much of it in their bodies.

The only thing that will work for you officially is

Proscar
Regain
Hair Transplant

Another fantastic product is Nanogen. Its a cover up. If you have a bald spot or thin patch you sprinkle these fibres on and it gives the illusion that you have got hair there. it just washes out in the shower.

I wouldn't waste your time of Regain as once you use it you can NEVER stop. If you do.. anything u have gained will fall out.

The only permanent option is Hair Transplants.. They have come along way and look totally natural. Although Rooney had a very good result its best to stay clear of UK clinics. Travel to America and you will find the best Doctors.

Hilary Jones was on Radio2 this afternoon talking about something that works, doesn't regain hair but arrests loss, could well be the stuff you mention above, it had something to do with testosterone, should be available on iplayer by now if anybody's interested in catching it.

I definitely agree that a lot of bald men seem to have a surplus of testosterone - i.e. lots of footballers and weightlifters and musclemen... also seem to go bald very young

So at least you have that to fall back on - it would be worse if going bald was a sign of lack of testosterone (lack of manliness) - in fact you would think historically it would be seen as a good thing in terms of power, masculinity, reproduction etc

Back