• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Back off and Back Up the Boys!!!

camspur

Steve Hodge
I don't care if you love or hate Sherwood, Sandro, Bentaleb or Townsend. I don't care if you want 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2. In fact i don't care if you think our new kit will have too much red on it or not.

We have 8 games left to restore some pride and support the boys to the end of the season.

Forget about your biases we're all Spurs fans so get behind them.

Sometimes I despair as to whether we have any true fans or just those who want CL football every season at any cost.

I don't care if you love or hate Sherwood, Sandro, Bentaleb or Townsend. I don't care if you want 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2. In fact i don't care if you think our new kit will have too much red on it or not.

We have 8 games left to restore some pride and support the boys to the end of the season.

Forget about your biases we're all Spurs fans so get behind them.

You're wasting you're time mate. It's far more important to that they demonstrate their ego that just support the team.

You're wasting you're time mate. It's far more important to that they demonstrate their ego that just support the team.

^^Sadly I believe you're right. ^^

I'd much sooner see positive support than people questioning and arguing all the time. The negativity on here must resonate throughout the ground every game, no wonder performances are poor, if we all went out there with a positive attitude perhaps things would change. But then again change frightens people.

Last edited:

I'd much sooner see positive support than people questioning and arguing all the time. The negativity on here must resonate throughout the ground every game, no wonder performances are poor, if we all went out there with a positive attitude perhaps things would change. But then again change frightens people.

I'd say that change is precisely what those who are most unhappy here want. A change of manager. The sooner we get a professional in, the sooner we can start enjoying football.

I've yet to hear anyone suggest that they are.

Too many threads to link to with comments like "We're a top 4 club", "We should be in the CL every season", "Player X isn't good enough for a top 4 club". To me that reads "I support Spurs and want CL football all the time".

Hell I've been supporting Spurs since before the Premier League and Champions league were even thought of and yes I would like to see us get in to Europe but it isn't the be all and end all and if we don't Spurs will still be my team. What I want to see is the fans get behind Spurs not get on their back every game.

Our fans (particularly away from home) can be the best in the league, but this season they have been awful. I've been to Palace a couple of times and their fans don't expect them to get in the CL or top half of the table or even stay up but their support is fantastic what ever the result or performance.

I'd say that change is precisely what those who are most unhappy here want. A change of manager. The sooner we get a professional in, the sooner we can start enjoying football.

We've had so-called "professionals" before and we didn't get Champions League. Funnily enough the most succesful manager in my lifetime was caretaker manager at S****horpe before joining us and then got us relegated in his first season.

Well said mate there hasnt been a game this season where the team selection (by either manager) hasn't been scrutinised, gets dull to the point of tears once you've heard 'ffs why is he picking Bentaleb' and the rest 50 odd times..

Too many threads to link to with comments like "We're a top 4 club", "We should be in the CL every season", "Player X isn't good enough for a top 4 club". To me that reads "I support Spurs and want CL football all the time".

Hell I've been supporting Spurs since before the Premier League and Champions league were even thought of and yes I would like to see us get in to Europe but it isn't the be all and end all and if we don't Spurs will still be my team. What I want to see is the fans get behind Spurs not get on their back every game.

Yet still, nobody has suggested that to be a Spurs fan one must be obsessed with the CL. You've just listed examples of Spurs fans who want to qualify for it. Equally, I could list Spurs fans that want to win the league (all of them) or even a bunch of Spurs fans that go by the name Andrew. Neither would suggest that being a Spurs fan and wanting to qualify for the CL are mutually inclusive.

We've had so-called "professionals" before and we didn't get Champions League. Funnily enough the most succesful manager in my lifetime was caretaker manager at S****horpe before joining us and then got us relegated in his first season.

Nobody has said professional = CL, amateur = relegation. It's not that simple and I don't think anyone here believes that.

What had been (correctly) stated again and again is that you have to minimise the risk of any managerial choice being ****. The best way to minimise that risk is to employ someone who is proven as a professional football manager. Giving the job to our day care assistant is not the best way to minimise that risk - especially not when he has clear anger management issues and a tendency to shift blame down the chain.

Yet still, nobody has suggested that to be a Spurs fan one must be obsessed with the CL. You've just listed examples of Spurs fans who want to qualify for it. Equally, I could list Spurs fans that want to win the league (all of them) or even a bunch of Spurs fans that go by the name Andrew. Neither would suggest that being a Spurs fan and wanting to qualify for the CL are mutually inclusive.

Do you argue for the sake of arguing and try to use semantics as the basis of it?

I haven't said that it is mutually inclusive, my argument has purely been support Spurs for who and what they are not what you envision them to be. I have purely quoted opinion not fact.

Nobody has said professional = CL, amateur = relegation. It's not that simple and I don't think anyone here believes that.

What had been (correctly) stated again and again is that you have to minimise the risk of any managerial choice being ****. The best way to minimise that risk is to employ someone who is proven as a professional football manager.

Any appointment has a risk, I'm sure they thought appointing a succesful manager like Santini or Ramos was the right move

Giving the job to our day care assistant is not the best way to minimise that risk - especially not when he has clear anger management issues and a tendency to shift blame down the chain.

That is the joy of hindsight and shifting the blame is the attitude of most managers (in and outside of football)

8 games and 24 points left to play for. Lets try and get as many points as possible and finish above last seasons champions. That'll be one tiny positive for a very strange and ultimately disappointing season.

Back