• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Axel Witsel

All depends whether Milan want to splash the cash or not. If he leaves Zenit, I can't see it being on loan, given that he reportedly only has a year left on his contract. So we could be the only team seriously interested in buying him, if so then it has a chance of happening.

All depends whether Milan want to splash the cash or not. If he leaves Zenit, I can't see it being on loan, given that he reportedly only has a year left on his contract. So we could be the only team seriously interested in buying him, if so then it has a chance of happening.

This is exactly why levy will bungle this deal royally.

he has a €100,000,000 release clause. no way is he leaving.
I don't think they are looking for his release clause. It seems they actually need to sell this window. The problem here could be that the player holds all the aces however and it's probably likely that he ends up at Milan for a cut price fee.

Different sources tell different things. Some claim Zenit are quite willing to let go of him, even for less than the €40 mill they paid.

The Russian club will not be seeking to recoup the €40 million they paid for Witsel in 2012, but the 26-year-old will still command a fee of around €30 million.

Witsel's statistics from his past three seasons in the Russian Premier League, as shown byWhoscored.com, are solid enough, but also indicate his output might be stagnating.
Is a change of scenery the answer? Both Zenit and Witsel appear to think the answer to that question is a positive one, but who stumps up the cash for the Belgian's services remains to be seen.

he has 2 years left on his contract.

Release clauses in contracts are just there as protection to the club that own his contract, and if that figure is true then the club don't really expect anyone to trigger it (except Utd maybe :confused:). However the release clause doesn't mean that he won't be sold for a lesser fee if the club wants to sell him, which is what we're hoping for.

That aside, is he any good ?

Release clauses in contracts are just there as protection to the club that own his contract, and if that figure is true then the club don't really expect anyone to trigger it (except Utd maybe :confused:). However the release clause doesn't mean that he won't be sold for a lesser fee if the club wants to sell him, which is what we're hoping for.

That aside, is he any good ?

He's an Arsenal fan.

But he is best mates with Chadli, grew up with him and protected him as a youngster in the rough area they lived in so I imagine they've always wanted to play together at club level as opposed to just international level.

Not seen him play other than here and there for Belgium but he was very highly rated at one point, obviously enough for Zenit to spend €40,000,000 on him.

He's an Ar5ena1 fan.

But he is best mates with Chadli, grew up with him and protected him as a youngster in the rough area they lived in so I imagine they've always wanted to play together at club level as opposed to just international level.

Not seen him play other than here and there for Belgium but he was very highly rated at one point, obviously enough for Zenit to spend €40,000,000 on him.

Well Chadli might put in a good word at least.

I wouldn't hold the Arsenal fan thing against him. Everyone can make mistakes when they are younger.

he has 2 years left on his contract.

Makes more sense. Still, can't understand why Zenit would only want to loan him out, if a cash bid is on the table. Unless, of course, that Witsel isn't keen on a move to us & so only way out is loan to Milan.

Makes more sense. Still, can't understand why Zenit would only want to loan him out, if a cash bid is on the table. Unless, of course, that Witsel isn't keen on a move to us & so only way out is loan to Milan.

Russia have brought in a home grown quota ahead of the world cup saying 6(?) Russians must start every game - Zenit have a lot of foriegn players so need to get them out the squad, could be they just want to loan him in case the rules change or they find a buyer for other players they think less of

Back