• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB on Sir Bobby. Class act.

Fast Fingers Fred

Hossam Ghaly
Tottenham boss was glowing in his praise of the great man, who he lived next door to during Robson's spell at Porto.

The Portuguese told the Northern Echo: 'Sir Bobby is one of the great managers of the game and without him I probably would not be where I am now.
'He offered me a unique opportunity to get involved in football, taking me under his wing when I was still a teenager. His enthusiasm and passion for management certainly rubbed off on me.
'He was not only a great manager but a great man and I will never forget his generosity towards me, he will always be an inspiration.'

=D>

article-2280996-17a9efesn4.jpg

Sir Bobbys 80th charity event

Good for AVB, i was lucky enough to have met Bobby on several occasions and he was a great human being.

AVB has a lot of dignity, too to see.

Just looking at the picture of Pardew there, is he turning into Paul O'Grady?

Its a factor you forget in a results based business. You win you are great, you lose you are the worst ever. But behind the scenes, there is so much you dont see. Good to see AVB acknowledge an important influence and giving credit where its due.

Epic guy. One thing that frustrates me though is that no English managers are ever given a chance these days to forge a legacy like their previous generations. Managers are torn up by the media and chucked out by impatient chairmen too easily, the media part especially seems to be compounded if you're British. We surely must have some great managers in our midst?

Epic guy. One thing that frustrates me though is that no English managers are ever given a chance these days to forge a legacy like their previous generations. Managers are torn up by the media and chucked out by impatient chairmen too easily, the media part especially seems to be compounded if you're British. We surely must have some great managers in our midst?

Managers can't even promote sides and get a whole season now, even when they're safe. I would rather learn at various open training sessions in Germany and Spain, then begin in Spain, slowly rise up the divisions and be given plenty of second chances because they understand brick happens... Over here it's insane. Even in the lower leagues people get sacked while they're winning. Plenty of managers lately have got their side into the Championship, etc and been sacked despite being in a good position. Madness.

The system is very messed up, to be a manager now is beyond difficult. I guess if an English manager went to a minor league in Europe they might get a chance at something. I think it's safer to just try to get a job as backroom staff somewhere and leave it at that.

Managers can't even promote sides and get a whole season now, even when they're safe. I would rather learn at various open training sessions in Germany and Spain, then begin in Spain, slowly rise up the divisions and be given plenty of second chances because they understand brick happens... Over here it's insane. Even in the lower leagues people get sacked while they're winning. Plenty of managers lately have got their side into the Championship, etc and been sacked despite being in a good position. Madness.

The system is very messed up, to be a manager now is beyond difficult. I guess if an English manager went to a minor league in Europe they might get a chance at something. I think it's safer to just try to get a job as backroom staff somewhere and leave it at that.

On the other hand there are always plenty of vacancies, unless you are David O'Leary.

Fair play to AVB. Always really liked Robson, just seemed absolutely passionate about football, and a great guy as well. RIP

Nigel Adkins is proof enough that young English managers will never be given a decent chance as long as English football is as ruthless and chaotic as it currently is.

Harry Redknapp is proof enough that old English managers.....ah, forget it. :)

I think there are more foreign owned teams now in the lower divisions that can only see the big pot of money waiting in the premiership and will do anything to get it and keep getting it. Managers and fans are just tools to achieve this.

Back