• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB - I want him out now!

So how comes there is no movement, like people have said he wants to drill a system and we are way to patient and slow in our build up leading to a lack of goals, it is painful to watch. I am entitled to make an observation.

I don't know why there is no movement, it also boggles my mind that professional footballers actually stand still during a game theyre being paid to play in.

I can't understand why so many people are reacting so negatively to this thread!
The OP is stating NWND's opinion, is he/she not entitled to an opinion?

So you disagree! What do some of you do? Ridicule the notion that avb may well be the reason why we are playing some pretty unattractive football at the moment. What has NWND said that is more ridiculous than the idea that things will improve? I have seen nothing to suggest this yet. We lack movement, pace and ideas. I HOPE that things change and HOPE that things improve but to be SO certain that this will happen is as ridiculous as asking for avb to be sacked!

I really want avb to succeed, I think he is a very good manager. He needs to learn to allow his players the freedom to go out and play football their way. Sometimes I feel he over thinks games, tactics and strategy. Give the players some responsibility and above all some credit.

All IMO of course!!!

not saying things are perfect because they're not... but my word some of the posts in here are cringe-worthy.

reminds me of l'ar*e fans begging for Wenger to be replaced just a few months ago. can we have just a bit more optimism around here please??

We're joint 5th and have conceded second least goals all season. The goals will come.

I can't understand why so many people are reacting so negatively to this thread!
The OP is stating NWND's opinion, is he/she not entitled to an opinion?

if you start a thread like this you're looking for a reaction - otherwise it would have just been posted in the AVB thread

Time will tell.

Fact is we are just awful to watch at home and the results are not there either. The performance against West ham was up there with our worst days.

Last night, I was on youtube watching the Harry days and that was wonderful. At the moment, I feel the passion is missing from the players and the fans.

As some say, we are not far from the top, but thats normal after a few games, the problem is we have City, Liverpool and United coming up.

If you sack AVB, you also sack Baldini, Soldado, Paulinho....Its a new challenge. One I dont think will go very far..

I think we havent got a chance of top 4 in the league, so lets see if AVB can pull out something in the cups.. That would save him.

So how comes there is no movement, like people have said he wants to drill a system and we are way to patient and slow in our build up leading to a lack of goals, it is painful to watch. I am entitled to make an observation.

Of course you are and no one is saying that you can't.

I would ask for a similar respect for the counter argument that you cannot replace nearly you whole front line and expect them to look like they have been playing together for years after a few months.

if you start a thread like this you're looking for a reaction - otherwise it would have just been posted in the AVB thread

Yeah I want a reaction! I want people to wake up and smell the coffee. I see no signs of improvement, no light at the end of the tunnel and just more boring football with 1-0 wins where we stifle the game and losses where the opposition score first.

I think our season will slowly and sadly fade out with a whimper when the results start to match the performances.

City, United, Liverpool could easy make it four losses in a row and 0 goals scored in 5 too at the rate things look.

I think unless there are drastic changes in attitude to attack, passing, movement and mentality then we will finish mid table as I think Everton, Southampton and Liverpool will overtake us and we will finish 8th at best playing turgid football

Time will tell.

Fact is we are just awful to watch at home and the results are not there either. The performance against West ham was up there with our worst days.

Last night, I was on youtube watching the Harry days and that was wonderful. At the moment, I feel the passion is missing from the players and the fans.

As some say, we are not far from the top, but thats normal after a few games, the problem is we have City, Liverpool and United coming up.

If you sack AVB, you also sack Baldini, Soldado, Paulinho....Its a new challenge. One I dont think will go very far..

I think we havent got a chance of top 4 in the league, so lets see if AVB can pull out something in the cups.. That would save him.

Normal for the last few years but "2 from 8" and a lot of the 90s and early 00s we weren't close to the top after this many games. Seems memories get shorter the more 'successful' we become.

Of course you are and no one is saying that you can't.

I would ask for a similar respect for the counter argument that you cannot replace nearly you whole front line and expect them to look like they have been playing together for years after a few months.

Footballers have natural instincts to move though.

You can take time to get used to what your team mates do to a perfect level but we are 11 games in and many more including cups. These guys are training every day together - there are no signs of improvement.

It's a tactic. We squeeze so high up there's no space to move

Footballers have natural instincts to move though.

You can take time to get used to what your team mates do to a perfect level but we are 11 games in and many more including cups. These guys are training every day together - there are no signs of improvement.

It's a tactic. We squeeze so high up there's no space to move

This is the problem exactly, you have 21 players playing in one half of the pitch.

Normal for the last few years but "2 from 8" and a lot of the 90s and early 00s we weren't close to the top after this many games. Seems memories get shorter the more 'successful' we become.

What relevance does that have though? This team/squad are as far removed from a 2 points from 8 games squad as they are from the double winning squad. The past is the past and has zero relevance to what we should expect from this squad.

IMO our performances are well below what should be expected from the individual quality in the squad.

The fact that we used to play Jenas in midfield and used to be over the moon with a boring 0-0 away at Everton is completely irrelevant

Yes, but back them managers didnt get a squad like ours + 100m£ to spend.

When you spend 100m to add to a good squad, you can expect better than 3-0 defeats to West Ham surely?

i don't think anyone weighs up 100m investments on singular results or time frames of a quarter of a season tbh

i don't think anyone weighs up 100m investments on singular results or time frames of a quarter of a season tbh

True, as I said Im happy to give him time, let him build something, ive had enough of transitions seasons.

But lets be honest the early signs are not amazing...

Why not? Its quarter of a season!

Surely we'd be able to muster at least one half-decent performance so far?

I mean we'd surely start to see signs of life from what is a very talented squad?
Quarter of a season is a very significant portion of a season !

Back