• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB - I want him out now!

Had to log off the site pretty quickly last night due to the negativity and utter despondence in every single thread. Just logged on hoping things might have changed to find this...

What an absolute joke. Please move this thread to classics when it dies down so we can publicly humiliate the OP and whoever agrees with them in the future.

I'm not going to post in here anymore as it will only prolong the lifespan of this vile thread, but the only thing I have to say is that the last time we ploughed serious money into promising young players and the team of our up-and-coming, highly rated young manager, we ended up flopping miserably and had 2 points from 8 games.

It has taken 5 years to get back to the same position, and this time we are 5 points from top spot after 11 games and just 1 point off 4th. People bemoan our attack, but we are seeing things fall into place.

We cut Saudi Sportswashing Machine open more effectively than most teams this season, Krul played a blinder and we could have been more clinical, but overall the performance was encouraging due to the type of chances we created, dangerous and varied ones. Overly-ambitious pot-shots from 30 yards were not the extent of our threat, as they have seemed for long stretches of most games.

We look increasingly like a unit in midfield (which is why Townsend started over Lamela and continued on the right), and the trio behind the striker are starting to understand each other/ their position. When this process is complete, we can start demanding the team to annihilate teams at home and score lots of goals generally.

Obviously though there are still many un-integrated players: players still unfamiliar to English football; players unfamilar to their colleagues which includes every single midfielder of ours to some degree due to the amount of changes we made over summer; players unfamiliar to their position/ the formation they play it in such as Lennon, Eriksen, Townsend.

So right now it is naive and unrealistic to expect these pastings, especially at home where the opposition can come with no intention of attacking and will still have excellent support. Away from home is where our players will see more space and time on the ball to ease the teething pains of poor understanding between our players.

With all this in mind - how can anyone possibly criticise our team in terms so unsympathetic and ravaging as the OP? For a Tottenham fan, the OP and all posters agreeing with them have an truly terrible understanding of the term 'transitional season'.

Brilliant. Well said Sir.

Are you still talking about one half of football again? I'm talking about a quarter of a Premiership season and if you remove Bale's long rangers most of last season when we never ever look like scoring

I don't think picking and choosing helps your argument. The manager that you want out was in charge when Bale had his best season. And when Bale scored the winner against Wet Spam it was AVB's arms he ran into. While you are at it why don't you take out Lloris's contribution to the team and say we would have been relegated.

there's a lot of assumptions, guess work and opinions dressed up as facts in this post but very little substance.

Where are they being dressed up as facts. This is all my opinion. I believe I started the post you quote with "I believe"

Where are they being dressed up as facts. This is all my opinion. I believe I started the post you quote with "I believe"

The whole of the first paragraph is opinion posted as fact.

I really don't think that you do your argument any favours by presenting it in such a partisan way.

I don't think picking and choosing helps your argument. The manager that you want out was in charge when Bale had his best season. And when Bale scored the winner against Wet Spam it was AVB's arms he ran into. While you are at it why don't you take out Lloris's contribution to the team and say we would have been relegated.

Where am I picking and choosing? I've stuck up for AVB on this forum before, I've pointed out what a massive blow in quality losing VDV, Modric and Bale has been.

But then Bale was tiurned into a very functional player. He was actually less exciting. He rarely best his man or bolted down the wing - our game became all about getting the ball to Bale in a position in which he could shoot - boom 1-0 spurs job done, shut up shop, "bale saves spurs again" as our sideways passing not creating anything finally worked him the yard of space he needed to launch a 30 yard er into the top corner to scrape past a bottom 6 side 1-0!

Great for Bale! Great for his relationship with AVB! Not so good for the development of that Spurs team, which became all about Bale and the monotonous quest to get him in space around the box!

I acknowledge that AVB has got us a record points total, but last season was a poor one. Man U cantered to the league with their worst squad quality wise in years.

Don't see your point - my point is if rather pull my own teeth out with my own dingdong rather than watch AVB's teams struggle to another 1-0 win.

The whole of the first paragraph is opinion posted as fact.

I really don't think that you do your argument any favours by presenting it in such a partisan way.

2bf I've read it back and you're right the way it's worded comes across as opinion dressed as fact - I wrote it in a hurry and thought I'd put I believe or I think - well I didn't but I should have as it's just how I see things

Where am I picking and choosing? I've stuck up for AVB on this forum before, I've pointed out what a massive blow in quality losing VDV, Modric and Bale has been.

But then Bale was tiurned into a very functional player. He was actually less exciting. He rarely best his man or bolted down the wing - our game became all about getting the ball to Bale in a position in which he could shoot - boom 1-0 spurs job done, shut up shop, "bale saves spurs again" as our sideways passing not creating anything finally worked him the yard of space he needed to launch a 30 yard er into the top corner to scrape past a bottom 6 side 1-0!

Great for Bale! Great for his relationship with AVB! Not so good for the development of that Spurs team, which became all about Bale and the monotonous quest to get him in space around the box!

I acknowledge that AVB has got us a record points total, but last season was a poor one. Man U cantered to the league with their worst squad quality wise in years.

Don't see your point - my point is if rather pull my own teeth out with my own dingdong rather than watch AVB's teams struggle to another 1-0 win.

Err…don't you mean 'rather pull my dingdong out with my own teeth'?

We need to improve in attack, that much is certain. The question is, do we think AVB is the man to get it done? I can't say for sure one way or the other, so we have to give him time and see how it goes.

I like the guy, but the decisions he made against Saudi Sportswashing Machine have shaken my faith in him to be honest. I felt certain we would have a really good season, even be in and around the top spot, challenging for the title. We still could, if we can get things to click a bit going forwards -- nobody is tearing up the league right now are they? Even the goons in top form only have 5 more points than us, and we have had 2 disastrous results thus far this season (West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine home losses) whereas they have only had 1 disaster (opening day v Villa). Liverpool have been battering teams, yet they are only 3 ahead as it stands. Emirates Marketing Project are behind us, yet there are occassions when they look like the best side in the country. Utd have the same points, Chelsea just one more...

We are currently in the mix at the top end of the table. We can all be gutted with our attacking displays so far this season, as we have been pretty sh1te at times.

One thing in AVB's favour -- remember last season, when we let in a few late goals? He got the players working to cut it out, and we did. Now I think he will see the 2nd half v Saudi Sportswashing Machine and learn from it. Perhaps try 433 more, and not sub Defoe on alongside Soldado again. And start Sandro when he's fit (league games). If he doesn't learn, then he deserves a lot of stick. But he has shown in the past that he learns from mistakes, so let's hope he does so again.

Is this ridiculous thread still going ???

Well, sort of…I'm not sure…teeth and dingdongs have come into play, and TBF to NW, until he clarifies the order with which one would be used to extract the other, i'm not sure reasonable discourse can continue!

Well, sort of…I'm not sure…teeth and dingdongs have come into play, and TBF to NW, until he clarifies the order with which one would be used to extract the other, i'm not sure reasonable discourse can continue!

I find it telling that it's us old gloryglory.net users that seem to be in disagreement with this thread. Make of that what you will.

One thing in sure we can all agree on is that we are not pleasing on the eye to watch. Im all for giving AVB time to make it his own but he seems naive against the poor teams. If I see another unnecessary backwards pass I might just cry.

One thing in sure we can all agree on is that we are not pleasing on the eye to watch. Im all for giving AVB time to make it his own but he seems naive against the poor teams. If I see another unnecessary backwards pass I might just cry.

So AVB is instructing them to pass back? If there is no movement in front of them, they're going to be safe and pass it to someone in space. That has been our problem for a while, lack of movement. You can see how frustrated Vertonghen gets when no one moves for him. We looked good against Sheriff I thought, it was usually because we had Eriksen and Lamela in midfield who both know the meaning of pass and move.

I am beginning to wonder if most of these "fans" are in fact Gooner WUMs. Something doesn't seem right

They're more than likely new blood, probably started supporting during our year in the CL and ever since then think by some divine right deserve to be in the CL every year despite simply not being good enough.

So AVB is instructing them to pass back? If there is no movement in front of them, they're going to be safe and pass it to someone in space. That has been our problem for a while, lack of movement. You can see how frustrated Vertonghen gets when no one moves for him. We looked good against Sheriff I thought, it was usually because we had Eriksen and Lamela in midfield who both know the meaning of pass and move.

So how comes there is no movement, like people have said he wants to drill a system and we are way to patient and slow in our build up leading to a lack of goals, it is painful to watch. I am entitled to make an observation.

They're more than likely new blood, probably started supporting during our year in the CL and ever since then think by some divine right deserve to be in the CL every year despite simply not being good enough.

Tbh mate most of the most vocal and fiercest critics around me on Sunday were older fans.

Back