• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB - I want him out now!

Did you see Eriksen's miss? Did you see Kaboul's miss and Soldado's header? Do you realise how many we could and should have scored? Why is that AVB's fault? Are the players not responsible as well?

Are you still talking about one half of football again? I'm talking about a quarter of a Premiership season and if you remove Bale's long rangers most of last season when we never ever look like scoring

Are you still talking about one half of football again? I'm talking about a quarter of a Premiership season and if you remove Bale's long rangers most of last season when we never ever look like scoring

That quarter of a season that has us above City?

That's for debate I suppose, but he also bottled going for 3rd and sat back to take his 4th place bonus.

Anyone could have told him "play for 3rd until Chelsea are out" but he was too dumb/greedy to see it (take your pick).

Anyway, this thread's about AVB and some very, very silly fans.

I mentioned him because I think it's relevant as fans of our club are infamous for thinking we're bigger/better than we are and being ungrateful and unrealistic.

To be fair I was referring to the previous season when we finished 5th, ultimately trapping off about his contract got him the boot.

My faith in him is pretty low right now to be honest, but we can't sack him now. You may get your wish if we miss out on top 4, he's a goner IMO if we don't achieve that. But there's no question that the board will start to get edgy if results get worse over the next 6-8 games. Once you lose the crowd it's a long, long way back. Sacking him now isn't the answer. We've had too many managers in the last 20 years. One day I would like to see Pochettino become our manager, but that's only if AVB doesn't deliver long term.

Having said all that, I am not saying he can't become a great manager, but I would like to know what makes so many on here so confident that he WILL succeed given his time at Chelsea and our limp displays going forward if you take Bale out of the equation.

I too have always had my doubts about AVB but he's a young guy that Levy has put his faith in so we have to back him right now. I think as Jurgen says, if we come 5th or 6th he might get the boot anyway because his style of football is very pragmatic. I think Spurs will have one eye on Jurgen Klopp, he's the man i think can make Spurs into a force. .

My 10 concerns..

1. When was the last time we came back from going behind?
2. Dembele, what has happened to this guy? Looked like a great buy last season but now looks half the player, he doesnt want the ball anymore and when he does get it he goes back or sideways. Where has his confidence gone? Has AVB over coached him?
3. Paulinho - How much time are we prepared to give this guy, 16 mill? Why didnt we buy a proper replacement for Modric, someone CREATIVE. Paulinho is a box to box player and he's not even getting any goals. He also cant spot a pass, for a Brazilian i'm so shocked at his skill set he constantly looks like he's treading water. Oscar over at Chelsea is ten times better than Paulinho
4. Sandro - this guy has to play EVERY game. He sets the tone and give us presence in midfield. Dembele and Paulinho arent the answer and should never play together again.
5. The system, I think only yesterday when we started to chase the game and actually get the full backs forward i really enjoyed the game, why doesnt he impress on playing this way from the off at WHL?
6. Also, the inverted wingers isnt working! Is Townsend instructed to come inside every bloody time or cant he use his own nouse and get round the defender and get to the by line and cross to actually give Soldado so service!
7. What players have improved under AVB? Who have gone back, Dembele springs to mind?
8. Why does he always swap players like for like? Why doesnt he try and play Holtby (creative player) and Eriksen (creative player) in the same team
9. Lamlea - What does this guy have to do to get a start in the premiership? He can only get confidence from playing more. I think he just needs more games and along with Holtby, Eriksen and Lemala we can create more for Soldado
10. Defoe - I think its time to sell him and bring in a new 'type' of striker. We need a different alternative. Someone like Vucanic from Juve would be ideal

Just alot for AVB to sort out.. Can he sort it out in time for us to have a decent season with harder games ahead and home losses to barcodes and wet spam i have my doubts.

Last edited:
That quarter of a season that has us above City?

Since when did another clubs failings justify our own? Couldn't give a toss about City if you think that them struggling makes our crap displays acceptable then fine.

What I will say is at least they're watchable and scoring a tonne of goals at home!

Arrogant to expect goals at home??? My GHod we've scored the lowest out of anyone bar who? The bottom 3 or 4 and 3 of them were penalties! Am I arrogant for suggesting that our goals scored column is shockingly terrible for a top 10 team let alone a top 4 team! Ffs am i the only one who realises this?

7 new players settling in? So have other teams, I don't see them struggling so much. Anyway, only Paulinho and Soldado have been regular starters our of the new guys - next excuse (oh and I'd give you this if our performances started shaky but we're improving as time went on but they're doing the opposite if anything)

He'd making us hard to beat is he? Oh really? Two losses at home to bottom half teams already? Let's see how hard to beat we are after Emirates Marketing Project, Man U and Liverpool - 3 losses thanks, nEXT!

I was being sarcastic ffs

This are just some of the bollox trotted out on here.

I don't avb out, I want him to start taking a risk and get us playing football. Not this rubbish we have had to endure.

I don't want to hear about how young he is and how he is still learning, if this is the case we should never had gone for him.

He knows what he needs to do, maybe after our 4 game with only a penalty to show for, he will start to make us attack teams more. Yesterday we looked better in defence in that 2nd half because we had Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the backfoot.

Arrogant to expect goals at home??? My GHod we've scored the lowest out of anyone bar who? The bottom 3 or 4 and 3 of them were penalties! Am I arrogant for suggesting that our goals scored column is shockingly terrible for a top 10 team let alone a top 4 team! Ffs am i the only one who realises this?

7 new players settling in? So have other teams, I don't see them struggling so much. Anyway, only Paulinho and Soldado have been regular starters our of the new guys - next excuse (oh and I'd give you this if our performances started shaky but we're improving as time went on but they're doing the opposite if anything)

He'd making us hard to beat is he? Oh really? Two losses at home to bottom half teams already? Let's see how hard to beat we are after Emirates Marketing Project, Man U and Liverpool - 3 losses thanks, nEXT!

Mate, I think he agrees with you and was using sarcasm.

AVB was who I most wanted to replace Redknapp. I thought he was the perfect man to move us forward.

Since then, especially this season imo, he has made some baffling decisions and there is a rather definite pattern developing in our performances, playing style and results at home (which Chelsea fans warned me about actually before he joined us, even those that thought he shouldn't have been fired).

I have been critical of AVB over the past few weeks because of some of these decisions and because, regardless of what some fans on here will say (and I agree that there needs to be some time to gel) our football has been overly negative and mind numbingly boring.

Still, AVB to leave? Ffs, he's been here just over 1 season. Not for loyalty reasons, AVB will **** on us the first opportunity he gets, the man doesn't have a loyal bone in his body when it comes to football imo, he does what he considers to be best for his career. But for selfish reasons. He needs some time to show that he can get this squad playing some semblance of attacking football and actually looking like they might fashion a chance from open play now and again.

I think AVB is a good manager, and a young manager who still is very inexperienced and makes quite a few mistakes. I can't see any positive to firing him though, especially now.

Just to repeat from another thread:

We are 1 point ahead of City
We are 1 point behind Chelsea
Anyone except retards and panic-mongering puss1es knows that one of those two teams will win the league.

Some people make me fear for the future of the human race.

I'm certainly not of the 'get him out' opinion, but I'd say that the position we're currently in is down to a fair bit of luck and fortune, rather than playing well. Sooner or later that luck and fortune will turn.

9 goals all season, 3 of them being penalties isn't good enough no matter which way you look at it.

AVB was who I most wanted to replace Redknapp. I thought he was the perfect man to move us forward.

Since then, especially this season imo, he has made some baffling decisions and there is a rather definite pattern developing in our performances, playing style and results at home (which Chelsea fans warned me about actually before he joined us, even those that thought he shouldn't have been fired).

I have been critical of AVB over the past few weeks because of some of these decisions and because, regardless of what some fans on here will say (and I agree that there needs to be some time to gel) our football has been overly negative and mind numbingly boring.

Still, AVB to leave? Ffs, he's been here just over 1 season. Not for loyalty reasons, AVB will **** on us the first opportunity he gets, the man doesn't have a loyal bone in his body when it comes to football imo, he does what he considers to be best for his career. But for selfish reasons. He needs some time to show that he can get this squad playing some semblance of attacking football and actually looking like they might fashion a chance from open play now and again.

I think AVB is a good manager, and a young manager who still is very inexperienced and makes quite a few mistakes. I can't see any positive to firing him though, especially now.

Hmmmm.....I must admit it is the similarity in some of our performances recently to those by Chelsea during AVB's reign which got me to start this thread: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showth...her-Chelski-style-car-crash?highlight=heading

I really want us to at least start playing with a higher tempo an earlier in the game as well.. Really, REALLY hoping that Chelski's mostly insipid displays between Aug 2011 an March 2012 are NOT a showcase for what is likely to happen with us under AVB[-o<

Revolving_Door.gif

That's all we need right now :rolleyes:

A third of the squad is new, the holy trinity is gone (Modric, VdV and Bale), he is trying to learn from the mistakes he made at Chelsea and most importantly of all he is trying to install a winning mentality at a club which has been renowned for it's brittle confidence and pessimism for a very long time.

If he had gone for the glamour football that we crave from the start we would have at least four points less than we have now. I feel he is forcing to change with the times whilst he does too, both the club and himself have had an entrenched belief that football should be played with the focus being on attack but sadly the Premier League is a cruel world and won't allow it.

Above all else the team can't be judged until the end, this season will be frustrating at times - was actually p!ssed off on Sunday myself - but it's way too early to judge the team.

Last edited:
I don't like the sideways negative football and the seemingly rigid tactics we seem to deploy (nevermind never really playing our top XI), but it's just far, far too early to say we should sack AVB. If we don't step up our game, score more goals and don't qualify for the Champions League, we might see something happening in the summer, but not before that.

I also really like him as a man, and would have course love for him to succeed. Let's evaluate things come June 2014. Then we'll see where we are. :)

I too have My 10 concerns..

1. When was the last time we came back from going behind?
- Can't remember - we don't go behind very often any more

2. Dembele, what has happened to this guy? Looked like a great buy last season but now looks half the player, he doesnt want the ball anymore and when he does get it he goes back or sideways. Where has his confidence gone? Has AVB over coached him?
- Always thought he was a flash in the pan at Fulham. Levy should have backed AVB with the man he really wanted instead (Moutinho).

3. Paulinho - How much time are we prepared to give this guy, 16 mill? Why didnt we buy a proper replacement for Modric, someone CREATIVE. Paulinho is a box to box player and he's not even getting any goals. He also cant spot a pass, for a Brazilian i'm so shocked at his skill set he constantly looks like he's treading water. Oscar over at Chelsea is ten times better than Paulinho
- He's bossing midfield, the reason we're getting 65% odd possession in every game now.

4. Sandro - this guy has to play EVERY game. He sets the tone and give us presence in midfield. Dembele and Paulinho arent the answer and should never play together again.
- He's coming back from the worst injury a footballer can get and recover from. Better carefully ease him back than risk the graft snapping and losing him for another year

5. The system, I think only yesterday when we started to chase the game and actually get the full backs forward i really enjoyed the game, why doesnt he impress on playing this way from the off at WHL?
- We probably would if we had a left back

6. Also, the inverted wingers isnt working! Is Townsend instructed to come inside every bloody time or cant he use his own nouse and get round the defender and get to the by line and cross to actually give Soldado so service!
- Byline wingers would be even worse. We needed inside forwards, but Eriksen and Lamela aren't ready yet.

7. What players have improved under AVB? Who have gone back, Dembele springs to mind?
- Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Verts and Defoe are a few that spring to mind. Most of the rest haven't been here long enough

8. Why does he always swap players like for like? Why doesnt he try and play Holtby (creative player) and Eriksen (creative player) in the same team
- Because we have a system now, we don't have rely on individuals exceptional days to get results now. Barcelona don't go all Tony Pulis if a game isn't going well for them

9. Lamlea - What does this guy have to do to get a start in the premiership? He can only get confidence from playing more. I think he just needs more games and along with Holtby, Eriksen and Lemala we can create more for Soldado
- Look at the different experience of Lloris and Gomes and see why introducing a new player at the right time and in the right circumstances is so important.

10. Defoe - I think its time to sell him and bring in a new 'type' of striker. We need a different alternative. Someone like Vucanic from Juve would be ideal
- I've never rated Defoe, but I'd prefer someone more similar to/interchangable with Soldado like Pato or Hernandez.

I've reached the stage where I don't want to hear him speak anymore - it never ends well after that. Absolutely no point in changing manager now, but we're nothing more than a top 8 team, a very boring one that plays on Sundays.

Back