• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB and Bale win Manager and Player of the month awards

Wenger won this award in Feb 2012 and Arse went on to win their next 4 March PL games in a row !! not always the kiss of death

Oh shiiiiiit. I'd much rather we were going into the derby on the back of getting tacoed 4 - 0 in our last 5 games. If only West Ham had pasted us 17 - 1 then we might have a chance in this one.

I think it looks like a curse because if a team's manager wins MOTM, it's because they've probably had a winnable run of fixtures that's often enabled them to get those results, which would inevitably be evened out by tougher games to follow.

It doesn't mean we will lose against Arsenal or Liverpool, it just stands to reason the games are tougher now.

Stolen off Twitter

Sanjay Patel ‏@sp14spurs
Well done AVB and Bale for the awards. The curse is myth, with a win percentage of 78% for managers in the next game after winning it #THFC

Yes, I think so.

Last time we had a Spurs Double was August 2009 with Harry & Jermain Defoe....

A1870_zps4c7ce8b2.jpg

Not spurs double in November 2011? Parker and Harry?

Brilliant achievement.

AVB loves to share the limelight eh. Last time out his MOTM photos included coaching team.
We should all go down for the next one!

Apparently the trick is not to physically touch the trophy.

That is what Pulp deduced about the Mercury Music prize, which once had similar notoriety (for killing promising musical careers).

I wonder if this will be enough to stop the curse speculations the next time AVB wins manager of the month.

I think you already know the answer to your question...... there are people who will walk under some scaffolding or over 3 drains and believe they have condemmed us to defeats for the rest of the season.

My other half is quite supersticious and its quite funny when I walk over 3 drains and just smile at her while she goes nuts.....

When spurs play inter on thursday just imagine how many of our fans will be pulling on lucky pants/socks.

Back