• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Atmosphere

Still don't know the two lines before "my father gave me a little toy" !! ;)

"When I was young, a little boy, my mother got me a little toy, an Arsenal fan on a string, she told me to kick it's f**kin head in, it's f**kin head in, it's f**kin head, she told me to kick it's f**kin head in"

It was sung continuously at Palace when I was there and stayed in my head all weekend!

Atmosphere was amazing today - largely because the support was all positive and pro-Spurs rather than the 'stand up if you hate Arsenal nonsense which I didn't actually hear at all today.

I imagine the West Ham game will have a good atmosphere too although it is a midday Sunday KO - the test will be what WHL sounds like if we are losing 2-0 at home to Swansea on 4th March but certainly a big step in the right direction on and off the pith - the two are inexplicably linked.

Reactions: Rob
Didn't Michael Owen say something like WHL has best atmosphere of any ground in the PL? He was suggesting it would be a shame if it got lost in the move to the new stadium.

Incidentally both during and after the match Owen was absolutely creaming himself at Harry Kane's performance, also the way Pochetinno has got the whole team playing, he sounded just like a Tottenham fan to me.

Fantastic!

Didn't Michael Owen say something like WHL has best atmosphere of any ground in the PL? He was suggesting it would be a shame if it got lost in the move to the new stadium.

Incidentally both during and after the match Owen was absolutely creaming himself at Harry Kane's performance, also the way Pochetinno has got the whole team playing, he sounded just like a Tottenham fan to me.

Fantastic!

It was something like, "you ask any professional footballer and they'll tell you they love playing at white hart lane, the atmosphere can be great". I know for a fact that WHL was Harry Kewell's favorite ground.

"When I was young, a little boy, my mother got me a little toy, an Ar5ena1 fan on a string, she told me to kick it's f**kin head in, it's f**kin head in, it's f**kin head, she told me to kick it's f**kin head in"

It was sung continuously at Palace when I was there and stayed in my head all weekend!

Atmosphere was amazing today - largely because the support was all positive and pro-Spurs rather than the 'stand up if you hate Ar5ena1 nonsense which I didn't actually hear at all today.

I imagine the West Ham game will have a good atmosphere too although it is a midday Sunday KO - the test will be what WHL sounds like if we are losing 2-0 at home to Swansea on 4th March but certainly a big step in the right direction on and off the pith - the two are inexplicably linked.

Events on 1st March could play a part. ;)

You lot were massive tonight. So loud over the television you could tell the place was bouncing!!

Why thank you!!!! I barely have a voice at the moment!!!

Every single stand got involved with the new chants and our reaction to going behind was superb.....even though it is a cliché....the goons really were up against 12 men today!!!!

EVERYWHERE WE GO..EVERYWHERE WE GOOOOOO......WERE THE TOTTENHAM BOYS! MAKING ALL THE NOISE...EVERYWHERE WE GO!

Loved it today....it was beyond special!

Don't mean to be negative at all,but the atmosphere is usually good for this game. Don't get me wrong it might of been even better than normal but unfortunately it reverts back to type for the more standard games. Hope to be proved wrong this time though.

Care to share any of the new songs??

I wish it were true that the atmosphere is always great for this game. Sadly, it isn't.

There have been plenty of NLD's in recent years when the atmosphere has been quite flat - possibly because the crowd is too nervous. There have also been occasions in the recent past when Arsenal fans have taken the tinkle with the likes of "It's so quiet at the Lane".

Yesterday, we hardly gave them a chance to get going. Other than a brief period soon after their goal, their voices were quickly drowned out by Spurs fans whenever they did try to sing. All the more impressive since it was a 12.30 kick off. A proper atmosphere. So thrilled to hear the Lane like that again.

Edit: Ha! "taken the tinkle"...........ridiculous swear filter!

I. Really hate the Sol songs, there is no need for it. I dislike him just as much as the rest of you, but feel it distracts from supporting the team in front of us, many of whom won't know what the hell it is all about. I also hate the stand up if you hate arsenal - they are not worthy of a song

Homegrown Hotspur and a manager everyone has united behind have brought things back

I don't especially like the Everywhere We Go song though - it's a bit embarrassing stealing it from Sheff United (though it's originally a Derby song) after their fans badly out-sung us at WHL.

I couldn't give a monkeys if we've stolen the song. "Stolen" is a silly word to use in this context anyway. "Copied" is more accurate. And fans have always copied other fans.

I only care that the atmosphere at the Lane yesterday was fantastic. Best it's been in years. And that's thanks in large part to a couple of new songs - one of which is the one that you're complaining about. It just works. Easy to sing and repeat. And repeat. Which meant that we couldn't hear a squeak from that lot yesterday and that our players were inspired.

That's all that matters, surely?

I. Really hate the Sol songs, there is no need for it. I dislike him just as much as the rest of you, but feel it distracts from supporting the team in front of us, many of whom won't know what the hell it is all about. I also hate the stand up if you hate arsenal - they are not worthy of a song

There was no rendition, that I heard, of "Stand up if you hate Arsenal" yesterday. And while, in general I'd agree with you about the song, it's perfectly okay to sing it when we are actually playing Arsenal.

As to the "Hey, Sol Campbell - Judas - I wanna know....." song, it was only really sung on the one occasion to drown out Arsenal fans who were singing, "He's one of our own, he's one of our own, Sol Campbell....etc" - which is fair enough on our part, IMO.

have any songs for Poch started yet? Haven't been since the beginning bit of the season. At least a 'Pochettinos blue and white army' or a 'Tino, give us a wave' maybe?

I have complained several times about the dead atmosphere over the last couple of seasons at the Lane, however yesterday was brilliant and the best we have had for a long time. Lets hope that when/if we have a couple of bad results the boo boys do not return.

Yesterday will live long in the memory. Up there with Inter Milan as one of my favourite trips to the Lane

Glad I am not the only one who thinks like this...

Yesterday really was amazing ...

laughing my bottom off queing for a pish in the bell & hare.....people standing in line waiting to relieve themselves banging on the walls in time to 2-3-4-5-6-7-8 HEY SOL CAMPBELL...

I nearly wet myself before I could get the the dodgy urinal.....

Hard to explain it......especially as every previous early kick off I have been to has been el poo poo there was a glint in the eyes of every spurs fan yesterday and a determination to support the team....non stop for 90 + mins....All I can say is I have admired Palace fans for a while now and yesterday we were up there with them in terms of creating an amazing atmosphere.

our away support is always amazing...in terms of home games I hope yesterday will be a turning point for future home games.

Interestingly a fellow supporter I spoke to yesterday told me that the atmosphere has improved massively since Leicester away......dunno what some of you think to this? those that get to go more than myself obviously......

Atmosphere was off the scale yesterday, so exciting.

But I hate the on a string song. Guy next to me was singing it with his 4 year old son next to him. Sounds too much like embarrassing hooly sh*t to me and makes our fans look thick as two short planks. I've seen vids of the goons singing it about us too, more their style than ours.

Only thing that niggles me about 'everywhere we go' is people singing 'go' as 'goo' - northerner style, but maybe it sounds louder that way, so whatever.

1882 always sing
'Nothing rhymes with Bentaleb
Nothing rhymes with Bentaleb'

They will be at the Lane for the youth cup game vs Man U tonight. £5.

For all those who never stop moaning about our lack of originality here's an idea.

Make up your own song, go to a few 1882 games and get it started and eventually it will appear at WHL.

Simple really.

For all those who never stop moaning about our lack of originality here's an idea.

Make up your own song, go to a few 1882 games and get it started and eventually it will appear at WHL.

Put up or shut up. Simple really.

Back