• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

At another match

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
I thought it could be good to have a thread dedicated to any other fixture that we attend. A talk about the game, the players that played well, the quality of the pies, the atmosphere etc

And I'll kick it off by saying that I'm going to SCBC v Watford today. I couldn't get tickets for the away end for Spurs, so, I wanted to watch a local game today & made my choice. Will be good to see Gomes again.

I thought it could be good to have a thread dedicated to any other fixture that we attend. A talk about the game, the players that played well, the quality of the pies, the atmosphere etc

And I'll kick it off by saying that I'm going to SCBC v Watford today. I couldn't get tickets for the away end for Spurs, so, I wanted to watch a local game today & made my choice. Will be good to see Gomes again.
Have fun, don't stay in Mos Eisley too long or you'll catch something.

I'm going to Liverpool v Leicester in a few weeks. Highly unlikely that I would want to talk about it, except moan about Anfield being a brickhole.

I'm currently down to 8 since Dagenham got relegated. With Anfield and possibly a trip to Barnet the following weekend I should be in double digits at last.

On my way to the Hive now. Stopped at Kingsbury for a few beers. Half price here compared to central London, so my tube fare will quickly be covered.

Hospitality at Anfield last week was a bit brick (much like everything else in that City). On the plane over yesterday I happened to be sitting next to a guy who had just bought two season tickets for that very same experience. About £200 per match, but he was selling most of them on to cover the cost. Regular seats have a 20 year waiting list. The joy of a two hour long conversation between a Liverpool fan and the United fan across the aisle.

Sunday, 5pm kickoff, Eastern Standard Time. NY Red Burps visit Toronto FC. First place tussle in MLS Eastern Conf.

My wife and I will attend the game and the forecast is for mostly sunny weather in the mid-to-high 20s Celsius. Shorts, sunscreen and sandals for sure.

We'll pack a sumptuous lunch in a hamper to enjoy in a lovely park near BMO Field on the Lake Ontario shoreline about two to three hours before kickoff.

I've prepared some lovely bits of leftover steelhead trout from yesterday's barbecue, along with mashed sweet potatoes and a spicy chutney of diced and sautéed vegetables - onions, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, sweet pepper, zucchini and mushrooms. All to be enjoyed on toasted bread or baguette with cherry tomatoes grown in our garden. Take that, Jamie Oliver, you forkin' Mockney goner twaht.

Still contemplating our choice of beverages. Either gin and lemonade cocquetails or a zesty sangria with leftover red wine, fruit juices and a dash - OK, a serious splash - of brandy. All of which is spread out on a blanket and casually nibbled or sipped upon until near game time. Then we stash the leftovers in the car and begin the half mile walk into the stadium.

Oh, and a lovely spliff or two of tobacco and black hash to enjoy at our leisure. We'll dance to something very Canadian from Leisure Labs:

or this cover of an Alanis Morrisette classic:

They can stick their overpriced, everyday stadium hospitality deals where the sun don't shine. We've got this schitt covered.

Once we're in the grounds and finished with a pre-emptive piszs or two, we grab bottles of water - coffee in colder weather - and take them to our seats which we don't leave until the end of the game.

Yeah, so there you have it. A day out at yer typical MLS sawker game. Just sucks, don't it?

Last edited:
Back