• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Assou-Ekotto

But terrorists going to the middle east are drawn from those communities. It's ludicrous to claim otherwise. Obviously only a very small minority of them, and, as I said, there are identifiable traits in many of those who are drawn to it. Not just within those communities as you can see the same traits in people like David Copeland and Anders Brevik.

All I am saying is the BAE, without football, may have become a Jihadist - that isn't true for the vast majority of French ethnic minority footballers of course, the only other one I could say the same of is Anelka. Anyway, probably best to stop this discussion here. I just wanted to clarify what I said.

Do yourself a favour Bonsaiboy, back down and admit that you got it wrong. At the moment you are making yourself either look very silly or a lot like a troll.

Do yourself a favour Bonsaiboy, back down and admit that you got it wrong. At the moment you are making yourself either look very silly or a lot like a troll.

No, I'm not wrong and I've said nothing wrong, but I didn't wanted to get on a debate such as this on the football part of a football forum and think it best to lock the thread to be honest.

It's an area I have very deep interest in - the psychology of terrorists/ fanatics. All I said was that there was a certain type of of person more predisposed to becoming some kind of fanatic - race or religion is not an issue in that - the only relevance it has is influencing what type of fanatic they could hypothetically become. And BAE has some of the basic character traits that COULD have led to him becoming a fanatic of one sort or another. I would actually say I possessed these traits and I COULD also have become some kind of fanatic in my younger years - which is why I recognise the traits in others.

no, you said that BAE would be the type of person who would be fighting with ISIS and holding aloft severed heads if he had not become a footballer - you must be either stupid or ignorant to make such a comment and not expect a reaction... you knew exactly the type of response that comment would get and the only reason we left it up there was in hope that you'd either retract it or apologize and sadly you have done neither.

No, I'm not wrong and I've said nothing wrong, but I didn't wanted to get on a debate such as this on the football part of a football forum and think it best to lock the thread to be honest.

It's an area I have very deep interest in - the psychology of terrorists/ fanatics. All I said was that there was a certain type of of person more predisposed to becoming some kind of fanatic - race or religion is not an issue in that - the only relevance it has is influencing what type of fanatic they could hypothetically become. And BAE has some of the basic character traits that COULD have led to him becoming a fanatic of one sort or another. I would actually say I possessed these traits and I COULD also have become some kind of fanatic in my younger years - which is why I recognise the traits in others.

You are and you have. A retraction would be appropriate, maybe with an acknowledgement that you do not know enough about BAE's character to make the kind of diagnosis that you have.

But terrorists going to the middle east are drawn from those communities. It's ludicrous to claim otherwise. Obviously only a very small minority of them, and, as I said, there are identifiable traits in many of those who are drawn to it. Not just within those communities as you can see the same traits in people like David Copeland and Anders Brevik.

All I am saying is the BAE, without football, may have become a Jihadist - that isn't true for the vast majority of French ethnic minority footballers of course, the only other one I could say the same of is Anelka. Anyway, probably best to stop this discussion here. I just wanted to clarify what I said.

It's only his father who is from Cameroon. His mother is French.
Cameroon is a predominantly Christian country by the way.

None of this should matter though, racial bigotry at its best

no, you said that BAE would be the type of person who would be fighting with ISIS and holding aloft severed heads if he had not become a footballer - you must be either stupid or ignorant to make such a comment and not expect a reaction... you knew exactly the type of response that comment would get and the only reason we left it up there was in hope that you'd either retract it or apologize and sadly you have done neither.

Do you know what... I can't be bothered. In any thread I've posted on I've tried to make rationale arguments, be it Lamela's lack of a right foot or BAE having the character traits of someone who could potentially, in his youth, could have gone on another path in life, and for this, I'm called a Wind Up Merchant and a Troll.

Gp Ahead and click the BANNED button because I'm out of here.

Do you know what... I can't be bothered. In any thread I've posted on I've tried to make rationale arguments, be it Lamela's lack of a right foot or BAE having the character traits of someone who could potentially, in his youth, could have gone on another path in life, and for this, I'm called a Wind Up Merchant and a Troll.

Gp Ahead and click the BANNED button because I'm out of here.

To be fair we have said that you have some of the character traits of a wind up merchant and a troll

Bonsaiboy there is no need to leave. I think you probably did a similar thing to BAE - you posted something without thinking about the implications - that you probably wouldn't normally have posted had you sat down and considered it for a bit - a bit of a storm kicked off - and then you tried to clarify it.

It's much easier if you just apologise - Lamela's right foot isn't that bad. (Oh yes, probably better recant for the BAE thing too).

Only BAE will ever know the truth - personally I think he'd have been a prime candidate to go off and do Jihad with Islamic State if he hadn't been a footballer, I can imagine him posing with a severed head in Syria. Seems a lot more well balanced human being now, but always struck me as an angry young man with a massive chip on his shoulder when he first came here.

My point above was simply that the club would have been in its right to sack him and save themselves some money.

WOW.

All I am saying is the BAE, without football, may have become a Jihadist
- that isn't true for the vast majority of French ethnic minority footballers of course, the only other one I could say the same of is Anelka. Anyway, probably best to stop this discussion here. I just wanted to clarify what I said.

This is such a magnificent use of language, absolute belter of a sentence....Well that debate took an unexpected turn quickly....

Indeed :)

All I'm saying is that Gareth Bale, without football, may have eaten his grandma. He has teeth, AND I believe he has a fork.

Bonsaiboy there is no need to leave. I think you probably did a similar thing to BAE - you posted something without thinking about the implications - that you probably wouldn't normally have posted had you sat down and considered it for a bit - a bit of a storm kicked off - and then you tried to clarify it.

It's much easier if you just apologise - Lamela's right foot isn't that bad. (Oh yes, probably better recant for the BAE thing too).

Well, I would say I was actually trying to humanize some of the young Muslim men who go off to Iraq and Syrian and to do Jihad by making the comparison with a well known footballer who, without having found a role in life, could have travelled the same path. And for this I get called all kinds of names by people who I've intellectually trounced in other threads looking to settle scores.

Perhaps it was a crass thing to say, and I apologize for any offence, but I don't believe it was deserving of having a bright red sign calling me a wind up merchant.

Indeed :)

All I'm saying is that Gareth Bale, without football, may have eaten his grandma. He has teeth, AND I believe he has a fork.

Indeed what do we think Benny might have become without football. I'm thinking an astronaut maybe... a poet... lol

Well, I would say I was actually trying to humanize some of the young Muslim men who go off to Iraq and Syrian and to do Jihad by making the comparison with a well known footballer who, without having found a role in life, could have travelled the same path. And for this I get called all kinds of names by people who I've intellectually trounced in other threads looking to settle scores.

Perhaps it was a crass thing to say, and I apologize for any offence, but I don't believe it was deserving of having a bright red sign calling me a wind up merchant.

It's not that bright...

It's only his father who is from Cameroon. His mother is French.
Cameroon is a predominantly Christian country by the way.

None of this should matter though, racial bigotry naivety at its best

i don't think the fella is purposely being offensive.

If i am honest, i dont even see the comparison. You can do it via PM if you want but i honestly believe that it would be near impossible to get a strong correlation between BAE and those people that get brainwashed to fight for ISIS

TBH i think it was a throw away comment that just sprung into your head, meaning nothing by it other than to say something clever / different / dark comedy-ish , and now with the semi strong backlash you are trying to justify it.

By trying to justify it, something that isnt even close to looking or sounding like truth, you are coming off looking worse

Trust me when i say that people here say stuff that i think personally is worse and even they dont get the kind of lashing you get. You've rubbed people up the wrong way so every mistep is under a microscope

you've apologised now so hopefully people can move on

Back