• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Asset Stripping Saints

What (I think) is suggested by the thread title and OP is quite different from what happens at "every other club". If the Southampton owner is in deed looking to "asset strip" Southampton by selling off their highest value players, putting some nodding heads in place as chairman and manager until that is finished and then selling the club to the highest bidder leaving with the profits from the player sales and club sale that's not the same as Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, Arsenal or Spurs. It is something quite different.

Oh, and Dortmund is the club in Germany with the second highest turnover. They will be able to at least compete for the Bundesliga title if they continue running the club as superbly as they have in recent years.

Apparently nobody wants to buy the club for anything near the asking price, so the conspiracy theory is that Liebherr is selling off players to make up the shortfall and pay for their new training ground, investing just enough to keep them up.

Good news and bad news for Southampton with them signing Bertrand on loan.

Good news that they got a new player in a position where they obviously need strengthening. And good news to get a fairly proven PL player with some experience in that can probably fit in well and perform at a reasonable standard fairly quickly.

Really bad, borderline horrendous, news that he was signed on a loan deal imo. Bertrand is quite clearly done at Chelsea, I really don't think he would have thought himself above a permanent move to Southampton and I really think a somewhat reasonable permanent deal could have been made with Chelsea. Points massively towards the owner (helped by the chairman/footballing people) isn't looking to invest any more of the incoming money than absolutely necessary and that the asset stripping tag is warranted.

Where do I put my vote for "I hope someone is asset stripping Mos Eisley FC, they're a horrible little club and them ceasing to exist would be quite enjoyable"?

Back