• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ashely cole, would you?

If we are in the market for an LB I'd secretely hope it would be Baines or Coentrao (very far fetched but perhaps our partnership and manager can work to our advantage)

I doubt we could afford his wages anyway.
Yep, Baines is the bees knees - cracking player. Better than BAE IMO

My understanding is that United wanted £6m in compensation and we weren't prepared to meet the fee. I presume that we didn't fancy our chances of getting a significantly lower fee at tribunal. There is only nominal compensation for youth players going overseas.

I would say it is odds on he stays at Chelsea but Fergie had a rush for youth last term which backfired (a bit). Evra is on his way out so I would not be surprised by a United bid.
What odds are the bookies offering on Cole to Spurs?

My understanding is that United wanted £6m in compensation and we weren't prepared to meet the fee. I presume that we didn't fancy our chances of getting a significantly lower fee at tribunal. There is only nominal compensation for youth players going overseas.

So we arranged for Liege to take him on a free for six month, then we'll pay them £1m or something for him in January.

If we are in the market for an LB I'd secretely hope it would be Baines or Coentrao (very far fetched but perhaps our partnership and manager can work to our advantage)

I doubt we could afford his wages anyway.

Assou-Ekotto is ALMOST 29, so we should get rid, but Baines, who is a massive 9 MONTHS younger, would be a good replacement? :ross:

So we arranged for Liege to take him on a free for six month, then we'll pay them £1m or something for him in January.

I think it more likely that we have no agreement with Standard Liege and he just went there because we were unwilling to meet the fee but that is just a hunch and I have nothing to back that up with.

We'll see. The Standard Liege arrangement after he trained with us all summer is incredibly fishy.

Another "theory" you have. Great!

As for Cole, he does not get on with AVB... apparently. He was the one who apparently stood up and took the tinkle out of his tactics in front of the whole group, stating they would never win a thing with them.

Back