• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ashely cole, would you?

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
I know i know.

But a lot of talk about him running down his contract, available on a free, loves london, always does well in the F.A. cup. Did him and AVB get on when they were at chelsea?

For the record i would go for him then sell ekotto and have rose as back up.

If we are in the market for an LB I'd secretely hope it would be Baines or Coentrao (very far fetched but perhaps our partnership and manager can work to our advantage)

I doubt we could afford his wages anyway.

If we are in the market for an LB I'd secretely hope it would be Baines or Coentrao (very far fetched but perhaps our partnership and manager can work to our advantage)

I doubt we could afford his wages anyway.

wells at southampton is the one for the future the lad is impressive,

I have never been the biggest fan of ekotto, not bad but massively over rated here i think. Would love cole and rose as our left backs next season, with walker and either naughton or smith the other side.

Great player, utter ****, too highly paid, near the end of his career.... I think I'd probably end up saying no as we couldn't afford him and what does he do for our long term plan?

Wouldn't fit into our wage budget, looking for a final pay day.
Not as good as he used to, certainly on his way down.
We'd not be signing Ashley Cole of the past, we'd be signing the Ashley Cole for the years to come.
Not convinced he's an upgrade for us. We have better use of our money elsewhere.

Really don't see the point as others have said he will want massive wages and he is clearly on the downside of his career. I am not saying he isn't better than BAE but he will be older and far more expensive we should look to spend money elsewhere. Also must take into account we have Naughton and Rose who could still emerge as good options there as well.

No, I wouldn't.

We're alright at LB to be honest. Benoit could be improved on, certainly, but he is a pretty sound player who I think is superb for morale. An experienced, solid pro, offers us something coming forward, settled at the club. Vertonghen though has been brilliant at full back and who knows, he may settle there rather than CB at least for the next couple of years. Realistic scenario if Kaboul and Caukler get going as a partnership.

Ashley Cole is the best LB around. But for how long? At that age, when pace is half the game, he will quickly drop down the ranking. I can't think of many veteran full backs. Gary Neville kept going for a while but when he was past it boy was it noticeable.

He has the nasty personality that will upset the best of dressing rooms. And I don't think there is a single player from the AVB-Chelsea squad that would be positive for our current team spirit.

Whilst he will no longer be able to command top whack at Cheatski he will still get a good payday in Dubai, Russia or even a slower league like Italy. Even if he stayed in England you probably would end up in a bidding war with QPR. Naaaaa, good luck at Anzhi Cashley, keep your head down and watch out for those snipers.

That's a bloody good question.

I don't like the circus around the bloke but he'd improve the team. But not enough to warrant breaking the bank for.

He'd weaken Chelsea by leaving.

I'm proud that our team has a low ****s-to-players ratio. I would hate for us to fudge that up by signing Ashley 'I swerved off the road in disgust' Cole. Plus Verts, Hugo and the other quiet lads will probably be a bit scared of some lunatic waving an air gun at then for no apparent reason.

A very very good left back, one of the best in the world, consistant and someone to wind the fudge out of the goons ? yes please.

Back