• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arnaut Danjuma

If Kane goes there's no way we don't try and replace him with another forward. Richarlison won't be the main man, as much as I would love him to be I just don't think he can be the focal point of a team. He's hold up play is on a level with Roman Pavlyuchenko's

If Kane goes there's no way we don't try and replace him with another forward. Richarlison won't be the main man, as much as I would love him to be I just don't think he can be the focal point of a team. He's hold up play is on a level with Roman Pavlyuchenko's
No way?

I wouldn't be so sure about that. [emoji28][emoji1787]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

If you’re not going to get players your manager wants who are attainable then there is a problem that needs addressing (perhaps by removing the manager as is our chairman’s usual MO)

Perisic, Richi, Bentancur, Decki, Porro are 100% Conte buys, if he can't be an adult and understand any club should have 2-3 promising players in development and part of the role is to develop them (in co-ordination with a loan policy), he's the wrong guy.

He's approach is I want only my buys (and I'll actively sabotage other purchases), and even my buys (see Richi example), I'm going to do fudge all to make sure they are match fit and ready when needed, e.g. I'm going to bitch all year about bench/squad depth, but do nothing to make sure that bench is usable.

1 I want Conte gone because I think the style of football we play under him is boring.

2 The fact that he continues to play Son who has been so poor this season is questionable

3 From the beginning of last season till now Moura has scored 2 goals and Danjuma has scored 25 so I think it is quite reasonable ask how come Moura always seems to get the nod to come on when we need a goal..

4 the fact that you and I disagree does not mean you need to tell me to "grow up", that is just rude

No excuses but I was blind drunk and rather angry last night, apologies to you and @DubSpur - You are right and my post to you was rude and was unnecessarily absolute so I don't mean to disregard people's opinions out of pocket, it's obviously interesting to have the discussions.

I don't disagree with the three first points either to be fair - The Danjuma signing is a frustrating one for everyone no doubt.

No excuses but I was blind drunk and rather angry last night, apologies to you and @DubSpur - You are right and my post to you was rude and was unnecessarily absolute so I don't mean to disregard people's opinions out of pocket, it's obviously interesting to have the discussions.

I don't disagree with the three first points either to be fair - The Danjuma signing is a frustrating one for everyone no doubt.
Think we were all at least one of those last night :p

Think we were all at least one of those last night :p
For some reason I was far more angry after the Sheff Utd game, maybe it was because we might’ve had a chance of actually winning that trophy or it could’ve been the schlep up there and back? Either way, I didn’t expect us to go through last night, not because AC Milan are a good side, I think they’ll be the worst side in the last 8 by a fair margin, but because I couldn’t see us going out and playing front foot football and attacking them which was the best way to beat them.

Admittedly I didn’t see us being quite as pathetic as we were but I had little hope of us progressing in the competition.

We ended our season via self-harm with the 8 changes for Sheffield United IMO.

Perisic, Richi, Bentancur, Decki, Porro are 100% Conte buys, if he can't be an adult and understand any club should have 2-3 promising players in development and part of the role is to develop them (in co-ordination with a loan policy), he's the wrong guy.

He's approach is I want only my buys (and I'll actively sabotage other purchases), and even my buys (see Richi example), I'm going to do fudge all to make sure they are match fit and ready when needed, e.g. I'm going to bitch all year about bench/squad depth, but do nothing to make sure that bench is usable.
I'm also not sure Richie was his signing but is is one he was willing to go with.

On your broader points I don't think you're wrong to point these things out. I would say thought that these things are known about Antonio Conte. None of this is new, unknown or at all surprising.

We all knew as should the recruitment side of the club what type of coach Conte is, they should have known just I knew and I will presume you also knew the profile of players he typically requires. He was a very poor appointment considering his demands, they very much fly in the opposite direction of our preferred operating model.

And none of this I find surprising. I made posts to this effect when he was linked the first time.

I'm also not sure Richie was his signing but is is one he was willing to go with.

On your broader points I don't think you're wrong to point these things out. I would say thought that these things are known about Antonio Conte. None of this is new, unknown or at all surprising.

We all knew as should the recruitment side of the club what type of coach Conte is, they should have known just I knew and I will presume you also knew the profile of players he typically requires. He was a very poor appointment considering his demands, they very much fly in the opposite direction of our preferred operating model.

And none of this I find surprising. I made posts to this effect when he was linked the first time.

Fair comment but as I have said before, you me and my nans dead dog knows what kind of clubs Spurs are so I am sure Conte, his agent, his lawyer and his brother would have known, so why take the job?

For some reason I was far more angry after the Sheff Utd game, maybe it was because we might’ve had a chance of actually winning that trophy or it could’ve been the schlep up there and back? Either way, I didn’t expect us to go through last night, not because AC Milan are a good side, I think they’ll be the worst side in the last 8 by a fair margin, but because I couldn’t see us going out and playing front foot football and attacking them which was the best way to beat them.

Admittedly I didn’t see us being quite as pathetic as we were but I had little hope of us progressing in the competition.

Was fuming after both. Not just that we went out but how we went out in both.

It was a long shot that we'd win the CL, but get a decent draw in the last 8 and some luck after and you can end up winning it even if it's not deserved.

I was angry after Sheffield
I was kinda apathetic last night … it was just a beige experience

Agreed, I had zero expectations we could win the CL.
We are just in it for financial reasons.
And if we had progressed, we would have got rodgered by Bayern et al.

So Sheff Utd was far more disappointing, much easier to progress and eventually win.

Agreed, I had zero expectations we could win the CL.
We are just in it for financial reasons.
And if we had progressed, we would have got rodgered by Bayern et al.

So Sheff Utd was far more disappointing, much easier to progress and eventually win.

If we do get a manager hope it is one that knows how to compete on more than one front.

We loaned out gil and loaned in danjuma.

And what was the point if we are not going to play him. Danjuma was in the CL team of the season last year and scored on his debut but Conte simply refuses to play him.

As I said earlier, Moura has scored 2 goals since the beginning of last season while Danjuma has 25 but it is still Moura every time.

And what was the point if we are not going to play him. Danjuma was in the CL team of the season last year and scored on his debut but Conte simply refuses to play him.

As I said earlier, Moura has scored 2 goals since the beginning of last season while Danjuma has 25 but it is still Moura every time.

He's cover. If we need him we can play him.

Back