• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are you confident that we can finish above L'Arse?

Are you confident Spurs will finish above Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 12 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i wasn't even confident when we were 10 points in front of them let alone now. There's still hope though but i'd take 4th now if offered.

Getting battered in the 1st 2 games of the season,nobody thought we'd then go on a 4 month unbeaten run.

Capable of doing the same again without question. We haven't suddenly turned brick.

Nope. We've lost it. Our season has collapsed, just like after Madrid last season. We don't have the mental toughness. We'll finish 5th.

Problem is everything has come together for the Arse just at the moment when it is all going wrong for us. They've been getting it in the neck all season from their fans so now that things are starting to go their way (eg tonight's winner five minutes into time added on) the relief for everyone in their camp is so massive it's carrying them along like a tidal wave.

Meanwhile the exact opposite for us. three successive defeats despite playing pretty well in two of those games on top of injuries to some key players (Lennon, Dawson) and a loss of form in others, notably Ade, Bale (when did he last score?), Walker, King and Kaboul.

Given all this, if we still manage 3rd from here it'll be like we've won the title for me.

i wasn't even confident when we were 10 points in front of them let alone now. There's still hope though but i'd take 4th now if offered.

What if someone said to you we could field freidel, walker, kaboul, king, ekotto, Lennon, Modric, Parker, bale, vdv, ade for every last league game this year. Any more confident.

Your a good man KD and a top poster but I would love it if you choked on your negative words come the end if the season and apologised for ever doubting us. (tbh there isn't a deflated spurs fan out there right now).

1 game at a time. Starting with Bolton.

Nope. We've lost it. Our season has collapsed, just like after Madrid last season. We don't have the mental toughness. We'll finish 5th.
Just for jokes you need to start a serous europa league fears thread. Maybe that will kick start us again.

If we don't get champions league football for next season after the seasons scum and Chelsea have had....just wow.

have a much better idea of our prospects of a top 4 place at least in 2 weeks time.

2 wins and we could be 10 points clear of chelsea or there might be hardly any points in either way. those 3 days are that massive

Can you qualify that statement please? Give DETAILED reasons please.

Ta

Because in 24 years of supporting Spurs, there have only been 3 occasions when we've not choked when it has really mattered (91 semi, 91 final, 08 final).

The rest of our recent history is pretty much defined by bottling under pressure.

Because in 24 years of supporting Spurs, there have only been 3 occasions when we've not choked when it has really mattered (91 semi, 91 final, 08 final).

The rest of our recent history is pretty much defined by bottling under pressure.

What about the season we beat City at Eastlands to qualify for the CL. Oh sorry I forgot, doesn't count 'cos Harry was in charge. :-"

Big difference between the two teams,we are thinking how bad it will be when we are behind them,they are thinking how good it will be to be ahead of us.

Best start in 100 years, their worst in 300 years, 49 wins on the trot, worst squad in 15 years, etc.

Still not good enough. Not sure what it would take from us to do that just once but I doubt it would be this season.

Needless to say the disappointment of throwing all that early hard work away is heartbreaking

Back