• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone else getting bitten much?

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
I have been bitten more the last week then I do when I am abroad, think most of it is in the night. I am actually wishing for cold weather.

I am one of those unlucky people that get bit all the time and i have tried all sorts of stuff to stop it. A mate of mine years ago said that when he was out in the tropics ( working) someone told him about this stuff "Avon skin so soft" ( i kid you not) he was in the forces and he was always getting bit by mossies etc.

I started using it and its great for keeping the biters away.

I am one of those unlucky people that get bit all the time and i have tried all sorts of stuff to stop it. A mate of mine years ago said that when he was out in the tropics ( working) someone told him about this stuff "Avon skin so soft" ( i kid you not) he was in the forces and he was always getting bit by mossies etc.

They've changed the formula for some bizarre reason, so it's not as effective now.

Were they Scottish? They swear by that stuff in Fort William.

Aren't there several different types? Some are effective and some not?
One of my workers is an Avon rep and used to give me some for the golf, it was her that told me it changed. I will ask her when we go back to work next week. Up here in jock land it's been a crap summer so not needed it this year!

One of my workers is an Avon rep and used to give me some for the golf, it was her that told me it changed. I will ask her when we go back to work next week. Up here in jock land it's been a crap summer so not needed it this year!
Thanks, would be good to know. I looked at buying some and couldn't work out the one to go for.

They've changed the formula for some bizarre reason, so it's not as effective now.

They did change the formula a few years back ( when they changed the shape of the bottles), however it still works for me and when i do not use it i get bit to brick.

I'm another one who must taste like fudging honey to the bastards because I'm always covered.

Mosquito Milk is the way to go.

I think you can only get it from Chemist Direct but it is great stuff. Roll on, doesn't smell too hideous considering it does have a fair bit of deet in it and is safe for kids too.

Little pricey at £9.99 per bottle / £27.99 for 3 but worth it imo.

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/mosquito-milk/prd-hi5

I never get bitten... but I get driven crazy by flies when I'm out mowing the lawn or gardening etc in the garden... the flies seem to love my ears... maybe they can see they are hot with infra red vision or something... but after 5 minutes of me working, the flies are just buzzing and trying to get at my ears - I don't think it is sweat or smell... the feckers just keep flying round and round and round buzzing at my ears ffs.

Use lemon shower gel. Basically any citrus shower gel will do. Takes about a week to get into skin if you wash every evening.

Keeps them away

I find this thread amazing.
I live on the beach in Kenya, and hardly ever get bitten. I cannot recall the last time I was bitten.
I spend about 5 hours a day on my open rooftop, drinking, cooking, watching humpback whales, dolphins etc. Not a bite ever.
I walk on the beach, go to to golf course once a week - no problems at all.
I think it may be due to you guys diet. Too much processed food and CUSTARD !!!!!

I live on the beach in Kenya, and hardly ever get bitten. I cannot recall the last time I was bitten.
I spend about 5 hours a day on my open rooftop, drinking, cooking, watching humpback whales, dolphins etc. Not a bite ever.
I think it may be due to you guys diet. Too much processed food and CUSTARD !!!!!

oooh look at me I spend 5 hours on my rooftop drinking and cooking...not a bit ever...well I hope you get bit tonight, I am off to America, they going to eat me alive in Florida.

For the record you can never have to much custard, in fact for even suggesting it I demand you send me a picture on your rooftop with your top off and custard running down your naked breasts.

Thanks kind regards, Ben

Trying to make us jealous?

It worked

Back